• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
1337998530128006799.gif

R.I.P.

StoveOven

Banned
Video games are so new as a medium that we've experienced very few deaths. Most of the greats are still alive. However, over the past few year's, some of those early designers have started to pass. It will be interesting to see how the industry reacts and honors some of these men in the upcoming decade.

Gigamear

With the industry as young as it is, seeing important figures like Iwata pass away is unfortunately a trend that we'll all be forced to accept with the coming years.

Ryan Davis is a another poignant example of a death coming way too soon.

LostAnkh

This caught me completely off guard. I didn't really know a lot of what he's done for Nintendo before I got a Wii, but this thread is bringing that out into the light (thanks by the way). He's done a lot that I haven't respected until now, so I offer my condolences to his family.

Can't say I had that much of a connection to him and still feel emotional and how his loss impacts the community and industry.

As others have mentioned uncanny how those views/replies are neck in neck. This is some shit right here.

Naminator

Banned
I've never been a Nintendo fan and never a fan of Iwata, but it's sad to see someone like him go at such a young age.

Take care Mr. Iwata, your contributions to gaming shall not be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom