• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saying goodbye to Twitter's Fake Kaz Hirai

Link.

In February 2011, thousands of new Twitter accounts were born - but one of them was special. A parody account would go on to amass 116,000 followers and secure a place in the hearts of gamers and game makers alike.

The president of Sony, Kazuo Hirai - former president of Sony Computer Entertainment - doesn't have a Twitter account, but he doesn't need one. The parody account @KazHiraiCEO is there to offer a mischievous take on all the big gaming news on his behalf.

Last week, @KazHiraiCEO, AKA Fake Kaz Hirai, put out a statement saying all that would come to an end after E3 2018. We spoke to the person - one who has never revealed their true identity beyond their location in Manchester, England - about how it all started, getting mistaken for Sony's actual CEO, and why his decision has made his mother mad.

GamesRadar+: What's been the strangest thing that has happened to you as a result of the account?

Fake Kaz Hirai: I think the most surreal moment for me was when they showed some of my tweets on screen behind the real Kaz at Sony's 2016 CES event. Up until that point, I had no idea he was even aware it existed, so to see my account on the same stage as him at a real Sony event was bizarre. The tweets were pretty critical of Sony, which made it stranger; there was even one about the Sony hacks. When I tweeted out the screenshot, a lot of people just assumed it was a photoshop for a joke.

Interview at the link.

Philippo

latest

sublimit

Banned
I think there is already a thread for that.

Edit:Oh you edited your post.I didn't realize this was an interview (can't click the link)

Qwark

Someone needs to take over that account. We have more than half a year to find a true heir to take over the family business.

I guess I'd rather have this account retire at the top of their game and just have someone start up something new. It wouldn't be the same with someone else.

farting

Banned
@funnygamerjokes xbox is huge

@funnygamerjokes ps3 has no games

@funnygamerjokes knack 2 anybody?

neogaf: this is thefunniest thing I've ever read

Galang

Banned
He will be missed! I normally dislike stuff like this, but he was really funny and entertaining. All playfully harmless stuff too (at least from what I've seen)

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you neoGAF user "farting" and his critique on other peoples humour.

I didn't even clock the username. Ironic.

Sullichin

Nothing less funny than a twitter 'parody' account. I'll never understand why this one or any of them get so much attention

RetroMG

I think he's also said he's sticking around until at least next E3. This thread/article/whatever is at least eight months too early.

Top Bottom