• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound announced for XboxOne (Kamiya, UE4, Platinum/Microsoft) [Port Beg = Ban]

Tetranet

I'm surprised so many people are calling this monster hunter inspired. It's like when people call any dark fantasy game Dark Souls inspired

Well, it's the impression that the trailer gives off.

I wasn't aware they made Bayonetta, so the largely green dragon-like beasts being slayed in a jungle-like environment pointed to Monster Hunter for me.

georly

If this game is good and worth it, It'll be the first one I pick up when I get an Xbox One sometime in the future.

The more i look at the mc the more i'm thinking "this is how a more modern Dante should look"

Especially compared tom DMC Donte

ewwwwww no

dante_face.jpg

This is what he should look like....himself

The second I saw Kamiya come out all I could think was "Gaf is gonna be so pissed". The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta for Wii U announcements made enough people rage, but to be on a Microsoft console? I knew people here wouldn't be happy. I can't judge the game until we get gameplay, at this point it is just a movie.

Gaf seems more mad it looks mediocre, but this isnt a bayo 2 esque thread that was a glorious one that should be preserved for all time.

Neiteio

The dragons looks sufficiently vicious. Bear in mind the real joy will come from juggling a lizard 100x your size and then spiking it into the ground.

Also, wouldn't be surprised if the dragons in this trailer are deliberately more "familiar" in design, and we'll simply have to wait to see the more fantastical designs.

Well, we knew Platinum was going to be doing something exclusive since January. But, meh. If Microsoft wants to burn a couple of million to fund a Platinum game, I ain't going to be complaining.

Killer Instinct, Crimson Dragon, Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Crackdown, Phantom Dust and Scalebound. Think it's time for me to grab an XboxOne.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
This seems to be a bit premature to say but I get the feeling that this will end up like any recent Platinum game. Not a seller in the sense of selling software or pushing hardware in any meaningful amount,targeted on mediam size audience (not small enough to call it niche) and made possible because other publishers have no faith in Platinum games or the concept of the title itself so therefore it needed to be funded by the console manufacturer.

Titanfall failed to catch lightning so I don't think this will do any better if its really a DMC clone or MH clone or a combination of both so I guess we will have to wait for a gameplay video to judge that.

Randomizer

People being so negative, at least wait till we see gameplay. Seriously people have faith it's Hideki Fucking Kamiya!!

Well, now I'm looking at all Xbone game announcements through the lens of, "Hmm, would this make $460 for Xbone + Scalebound less painful to my wallet?"

The lady likes her Killer Instinct

That Dead Rising DLC looked hilarious

I'm the kind of person who would play Spark, but after that Conker cocktease I'm bitter and salty

SO might be alright

Never played Phantom Dust, might be cool if it's like Infamous without the suck

I might make the MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION my introduction to Halo

Justifying the console isn't my problem, all I care about is whether this will be a great Platinum title. Just keeping the faith, atm.

Neiteio

Well, we knew Platinum was going to be doing something exclusive since January. But, meh. If Microsoft wants to burn a couple of million to fund a Platinum game, I ain't going to be complaining.
Exactly. Even though it's inconvenient to have these titles scattered across so many consoles, we should support these kinds of investments because they're creating something special.

I would've preferred a rough gameplay trailer ala the MGR reveal over this CG trailer & I really hope the MC's design isn't finalized.

Based on the trailer we can expect a stylish fast-paced large-scale action game infused with monster taming elements perhaps? Interested to see gameplay.

Squishy3

It's a Platinum game alright.

A shame since they're Clover stuff looked really nice (VJ, Okami).
It's not exactly gone, Madworld, Anarchy Reigns, Bayo 2, W101 show they still have the art talent. (Bayo 1's art is good too but I think already Bayo 2 is infinitely stronger in that regard.)

Blackage

Soon as I saw the white hair I was like "Dante....wait no, I need a smirk" then he delivered an arrogant smirk, and I was like "yay!" then I got Dino-Devil Trigger.

Mokoi

Banned
Trailer looked boring, and please no more cg. Although I'm pretty sure the game will be really fun. Always love character action games from Platinum.

Sony better step up their exclusives today, because right now Microsoft is pummeling their lineup. This looks great.

Though we'll have to wait like two years to know if they're any good.

After watching the trailer again I noticed something else I didn't like, the music. It doesn't have the "Holy Shit! I NEED to hear more!" feel to it that their trailers usually have.

Kamiya is incapable of doing anything wrong. Even his lesser works absolutely shit on the rest of the industry's best efforts. This is my Killer App.

I'm not sure what it is but I am going to buy it out of pure fanaticism unless a gameplay reveal rubs me the wrong way.

Besides, I love Kamiya. Even his worst titles stand above most of the industry. They just need to give this game a lot of press.

I was interested but then the guy started speaking....and then the harsh weee dubstep noises started playing.

Eh. Need more info.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
The lady likes her Killer Instinct

That Dead Rising DLC looked hilarious

I'm the kind of person who would play Spark, but after that Conker cocktease I'm bitter and salty

SO might be alright

Never played Phantom Dust, might be cool if it's like Infamous without the suck

I might make the MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION my introduction to Halo

Justifying the console isn't my problem, all I care about is whether this will be a great Platinum title. Just keeping the faith, atm.

Phantom Dust is absolutely nothing like Infamous

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wonder what it'll be like. If it has Kamiya written all over it then I'll finally have a really good reason to get an XBO. Though I have yet to get a Wii U for TW101...

SeriousApes

Looks pretty interesting.

The first thought I had when I saw the main character (of the trailer, at least), was that he looks like the DmC version of Nero, what with the arm and headphones.

Top Bottom