• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound announced for XboxOne (Kamiya, UE4, Platinum/Microsoft) [Port Beg = Ban]

Neiteio

I hope there's a part evoking Bowser in SM64, where we can grab a dragon by the tail and spin him around in circles before launching him into a nuclear bomb.

Some Nobody

Game looked amazing. Now I just need to find someone who owns an Xbox One.

...Shit, that'll take forever. All my friends are Sony fans.

Usobuko

Banned
For this and phantom dust, I got this feeling that they are so afraid of showing Japanese games with their traditional aesthetics for character designs.

Dambrosi

Banned
the new Dante
img4120.jpg
Yes, that's what the "young" Dante should have looked like. Well, maybe a little more hair.

As for the gametrailer, well, no gameplay, looks like a MonHun clone, and it's not Bayonetta 3 or Anarchy Reigns 2, so no port begging here.

Toxi

Banned
Looks cool as a concept, but holy shit that youtube video has a lot of dislikes. People are really sick of CGI trailers.

Not sure where people are seeing "Monster Hunter clone". Not every co-op game is a Monster Hunter clone, and there's nothing in Monster Hunter like fighting with a dragon (Unless you count the Felynes or Chakkas, LOL).

Kinda wish it was an asymmetrical co-op game where one player is the dragon and the other is the Dante clone.

Grakl

DRAGONS YAAAAAS

fuck you microsoft and platinum if you make me get an xbox one, this looks like the best thing ever

gogogow

Looks cool as a concept, but holy shit that youtube video has a lot of dislikes. People are really sick of CGI trailers.

Not sure where people are seeing "Monster Hunter clone". Not every co-op game is a Monster Hunter clone, and there's nothing in Monster Hunter like fighting with a dragon (Unless you count the Felynes or Chakkas, LOL).

Kinda wish it was an asymmetrical co-op game where one player is the dragon and the other is the Dante clone.

Wait. What?! There's nothing like fighting a dragon in MH? The monsters in the Scalebound trailer also looked like a rathalos/rathian.

Randomizer

Hmm probably a few fanboys pissed off that it's Xbox exclusive too.

Very interesting. Love love Japanese action games with hacking and slashing, but lately I prefer a bit more toned down aesthetics, something like Dragons Dogma or Dark Souls. But I am keeping an eye on this one!

mattp

Yes, that's what the "young" Dante should have looked like. Well, maybe a little more hair.

As for the gametrailer, well, no gameplay, looks like a MonHun clone, and it's not Bayonetta 3 or Anarchy Reigns 2, so no port begging here.

we already got young dante in dmc3

Ve1ocity

That was so 'meh' everything about it was underwhelming, and that art style... ugh.
I got so excited when I saw Kamiya, shame, looks nothing like a Kamiya game.

I wish people would calm down with their comparisons to Monster Hunter. Monster Hunter is defined by its gameplay, and we have no idea that this game will play like it. Also, ANOTHER cocky protagonist!?

hideous art direction. gameplay will be good, no surprises there. i think the biggest surprise will be the bomba levels. will it do worse than anarchy and 101?

the chance is high.

ArjanN

Gaf seems more mad it looks mediocre, but this isnt a bayo 2 esque thread that was a glorious one that should be preserved for all time.

I'd say most of the Bayo 2 hate was also because it's a sequel. There's wasn't nearly as much outrage about W101 either.

Really not a fan of the art direction on display in the trailer, but the promise of a Kamiya game (along with Phantom Dust and Crackdown and maybe Sunset Overdrive) have me considering an XBO now at least.

The character in this trailer looked very create-a-character.

Lernaean

Banned
I would love it if he was just a "placeholder" character and we get to make our own character.

There are other 'riders' at the end of the trailer assisting the character to fight the hydra.
Could have (online?) co-op and indeed character customization.

I'd say most of the Bayo 2 hate was also because it's a sequel. There's wasn't nearly as much outrage about W101 either.

All of the Bayo 2 hate was because it was a Nintendo console, which says much about the attitude and entitlement in gamers today.

ohlawd

lol sure bud

the Project P-100 thread is a no go.

check that shit out.

"Kamiya can't possible be working on this... wait, he is? WOW he deserves better than this"

"look so bad, I think this game looks final. Early development my ass"

"Nintendo must have given PG pennies"

model13

Hopefully this translates into something really fun. This, some of the classic MS exclusives (Halo, Fable, Crackdown) and future price drop to $300 without Kinect should get me to commit. So I would assume around 2016.

Air

Banned
Sucks that I'm probably not gonna have an xbox one, this game will probably be great, even though I could care less for the trailer.

B.O.O.M

Absolutely have no idea what this game will play like that..the trailer didn't do much for me

Need to see some gameplay or get some gameplay info before I can even be interested

Ramenman

Well, it's the impression that the trailer gives off.

I wasn't aware they made Bayonetta, so the largely green dragon-like beasts being slayed in a jungle-like environment pointed to Monster Hunter for me.

More like HIPSTER HUNTER amirite ?

pretty sure everyone has already made this joke

I can't wait dammit.

Usobuko

Banned
I wonder what it'll be like. If it has Kamiya written all over it then I'll finally have a really good reason to get an XBO. Though I have yet to get a Wii U for TW101...

Don't forget Bayonetta 2 if you fancy Platinum Games.

Nintendo has 2 exclusives on Wii U and one of them was a sequel from the greatest character action games last gen.

hideous art direction. gameplay will be good, no surprises there. i think the biggest surprise will be the bomba levels. will it do worse than anarchy and 101?

the chance is high.

No one cares about the bomba levels.

Kamiya games are all about that tasty crow the early haters end up eating.

Fredrik

Only time I'm excited after seeing a CG trailer is when Platinum is the developer, because that's the only time I know I don't have to worry about the gameplay not being awesome. Can't wait!

Top Bottom