• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJA Press Conference 2015 dated for September 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sony where really wanting to get more western attention, wouldn't it be smarter to prerecord an English voice over that talks about the games? These things are scripted what they are going to say. Just have person talk about all the games and release a true English Japan conference. That way the western people in attendance can wear an ear bud and get the data and they can play it over a western stream.

BadWolf

If Sony where really wanting to get more western attention, wouldn't it be smarter to prerecord an English voice over that talks about the games? These things are scripted what they are going to say. Just have person talk about all the games and release a true English Japan conference. That way the western people in attendance can wear an ear bud and get the data and they can play it over a western stream.

This event is aimed primarily at Japan/Asia.

DNAbro

Even though I won't be able to watch live, I will do some Bold Predictions
-Persona 5 Worldwide launch December 8th(except Europe, because fuck you Europe)
-DanganRonpa 1 VR launch title in Japan for Morpheus
-DanganRonpa 3 is also a Morpheus game(The creator said that it will come out in an unexpected way)
-Level 5 will show their new game, will blow everyone pants off. Release date 2016 worldwide
-Some TLG stuff
-Gravity Rush 1HD+2 packaged together for PS4. It looks amazing but doesn't blow everyone pants off
-The Yakuza team are working on Shenmue 3, makes Yu Suzuki's version non canon. It is also a Miku spinoff
-Dragon Quest guy comes out, shows pretty DQ 11 stuff
-Bandai Namco comes out on stage to reveal they are changing their name back to Namco Bandai like it should be
-Bloodborne expansion is about an evil forest, launching in late October/November
-Shu comes out, reveals new AAA game from Japan studio. It is a rhythm gaming starring every character to star in a PlayStation game ever.

pretty sure he said Danganronpa 3 would be a vita game.

It just says "Have you finished your summer vacation homework yet?" Lots of people are responding they can't because of PS4/Vita/Sony. :p

Not sure if it's indicating anything Boku no Natsuyasumi related, but Millennium Kitchen has been super quiet since Attack of the Friday Monsters, and the time feels right for a new entry. :3

I think thats a pretty obvious nod to the My summer vacation series :p

salromano

PERSONA 5 RELEASE DATE

DECEMBER, WORLDWIDE SIMULTANEOUS

Also Danganronpa 3 please.

At this point, if Atlus is serious about their 2015 assertions, it pretty much has to be. =P

I think thats a pretty obvious nod to the My summer vacation series :p

Or maybe good guy Sony just wants to make sure everyone has their studies in order and isn't spending their whole vacation neglecting whatever work they may have to do. =)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
They might be but even still. That accounts for one of the three games. Could count as either photorealistic or the open world. .Hack could be one of any of those three.

Considering the scale, i would not say .hack would be photo-realistic. I think it'll be an open world MMO with super anime style like the ad says and FF7 would be the stylized photo-realistic(by comparison) one.

Have they been staffing up to work on 3 projects a time for a while i wonder

DJIzana

Considering the scale, i would not say .hack would be photo-realistic. I think it'll be an open world MMO with super anime style like the ad says and FF7 would be the stylized photo-realistic(by comparison) one.

Have they been staffing up to work on 3 projects a time for a while i wonder

Well, in the end, we'll have to just wait and see. Either way, they have been officially teasing more out of a .Hack announcement than anything FF7. That G-Bike statement is the only thing OFFICIAL we actually have.

Just gimme a P5 release date. They can sit on their asses the rest of the conference for all I care lol

Confirmation of GR2 would be nice tho.

BumRush

Has Verendus banned himself from conference / hype threads? I keep waiting to see him in the TGS, PGW or PSX threads and...nothing...

wmlk

Or maybe good guy Sony just wants to make sure everyone has their studies in order and isn't spending their whole vacation neglecting whatever work they may have to do. =)

Honestly, it just reads like a line you'd hear in Summer Lesson or something. Probably a dumb tease.

Inuhanyou

FF7 would have been the greatest reveal of all time if we had not known about it.

After what happened at E3 no hints/leaks would be welcome. Still mad about FF7.

FF7 was such a big reveal that even after being leaked people thought it was a joke. Hardly anyone took it as confirmation......it gave us more hope though.

I don't think we will see a game top FF7R reveal + reactions (even more legendary when accounting the PSX trolling)

ViciousDS

Banned
Has Verendus banned himself from conference / hype threads? I keep waiting to see him in the TGS, PGW or PSX threads and...nothing...

there's a reason why.....dude bet like 15 Whiny Bataista Avatars against GAF on TLG and lost......that thread was glorious!

FF7 was such a big reveal that even after being leaked people thought it was a joke. Hardly anyone took it as confirmation......it gave us more hope though.

I don't think we will see a game top FF7R reveal + reactions (even more legendary when accounting the PSX trolling)

He also bet against the TLG crew on it never being at E3.....it was two negatives.

that being said......its still fun to watch other peoples reactions to him popping in :)

labaronx

Gravity rush sequel remaster gameplay
Attack on titan ps4 gameplay
Hot shots golf ps4

Attack on titan could be really good or really bad

But if its a cross of shadow of the collosus and monster hunter im all in

Id rather have him come in after the conference to give us some more details and insights on the games he knows about.

I actually wouldnt mind him dropping in at any moment tho >>

Inuhanyou

Did anyone actually believe the rumors? It's always rumored. It was still one of the greatest reveals of all time and the reactions are priceless.

I did, cause i usually trust Siliconera's reporting...

I kinda was hoping it wasn't real though, just because of the trepidation that automatically comes with reviving a decades old IP that has had speculation and debate surrounding it since.

Is Gavin Moore still in Sony... nothing since Puppeteer.

Last I heard from him, he mentioned something about working on a smaller, digital-only title because the market for AA games isn't there anymore. Puppeteer really didn't work out for him commercially.

Of course, if it was a launch title for the PS4 instead of a PS3 game released at the tail-end of that system's life cycle, things might have panned out differently. It's a brilliant game that deserved so much better.

Verendus

Banned
there's a reason why.....dude bet like 15 Whiny Bataista Avatars against GAF on TLG and lost......that thread was glorious!
I never lose!

Also, how dare you throw shade at Brotista?! You can't appreciate good things. You're probably a Daniel Bryan fan! Plus, I don't always see these threads. There shouldn't be some kind of expectation either. What am I, your resident jobber now? I don't live on GAF. I live on Earf.

I DO WHAT I WANT GODDAMMIT!

Begaria

I did, cause i usually trust Siliconera's reporting...

I kinda was hoping it wasn't real though, just because of the trepidation that automatically comes with reviving a decades old IP that has had speculation and debate surrounding it since.

Multiple independent sources said it was happening. I believed it.

Fair enough. I've seen too many "cried wolf" tales to have believed it until it was actually happening.

edit:

No, but do what we want tho :(

Yea didn't take any of those websites seriously because EVERY year since like 2010 there's been rumors about a remake. The reveal was a classic moment on gaming.

Also yaay TGS this is honestly my personal E3 moment. Although this e3 was exceptional well done.

RyoonZ

Banned
I never lose!

Also, how dare you throw shade at Brotista?! You can't appreciate good things. You're probably a Daniel Bryan fan! Plus, I don't always see these threads. There shouldn't be some kind of expectation either. What am I, your resident jobber now? I don't live on GAF. I live on Earf.

It's time for JRPG yeah?

Verendus

Banned
Leave the man to his wrestling shenanigans.
Why do you have to say it like that? :(

Guess it's time to make my first thread in OT titled, "Are you ashamed of being a Batista fan in public?"

But hey, FFXV fans, am I right? Hopefully something to look forward to there, eh? Maybe they'll show that trailer from last month again. I didn't see it last time, so I'm really excited to get the chance to see it.

Philippo

Guess it's time to make my first thread in OT titled, "Are you ashamed of being a Batista fan in public?"

But hey, FFXV fans, am I right? Hopefully something to look forward to there, eh? Maybe they'll show that trailer from last month again. I didn't see it last time, so I'm really excited to get the chance to see it.

Yo don't try to be funny mister, we have already enough 100 pages threads without another "is ffxv doomed?".

And, since this is the current trend, your thread should be called "Am i the only one not afraid of being a Batista fan in public?"

btw i only ever saw hin in Guardians of the Galaxy lol

ViciousDS

Banned
I never lose!

HAHAHAHA, I knew I would get you to come out!

Much love Verendus, threads are always entertaining wherever you post! Hope to see just some light inside the Sony Conferences threads.....would be glorious to watch the pre and post meltdowns!

Sick-son-of-a-bitch.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Either way, fuck Siliconera for not waiting one more goddamn day.

Some Nobody

If Siliconera is trustworthy, where the fuck is my Front Mission 6?

Also: I'm not sure if I can get an answer to this, but might we see Parasite Eve here Verendus?

Verendus

Banned
HAHAHAHA, I knew I would get you to come out!

Much love Verendus, threads are always entertaining wherever you post! Hope to see just some light inside the Sony Conferences threads.....would be glorious to watch the pre and post meltdowns!
I think people are generally becoming more positive about things now. It probably helps that Japanese companies are slowly becoming more prominent, because a lot of the negativity seems to surround them in Sony threads. There's a lot of unexpected stuff happening, and we're finally getting out of the early point of the generation. I think Square Enix has somewhat proven their point (obviously they have to release games and they have to be good too), so the next one up now is Sega. With the restructurings out of the way, and them getting a little more organised, they'll surprise people too moving forward. Their projects have gotten underway so there's good stuff to look forward to in the coming years.

If I was to categorise it, it'd be:

2014/2015 = Early
2016/2017 = Mid
Mid-2018 onwards = Late

The middle is always when good things start happening more consistently. Plus, believe me, there are plenty of surprises over the coming years. I think it's a good thing for people to hope for things. Nothing wrong with never say never, because well, it's going to be put to good use in the coming years.

It's like that Michael Jackson song. I'm going to rock your world.

Get it? Because you'll be shook, like an earthquake, the world will shake. Yeah, whatever. You're a terrible audience.

If Siliconera is trustworthy, where the fuck is my Front Mission 6?

Also: I'm not sure if I can get an answer to this, but might we see Parasite Eve here Verendus?
I dunno.

I've been really busy lately and my hands are pretty full to be dossing around elsewhere, so I don't know what SE is planning for TGS or whatever. But hey, that FFXV trailer? There's that, right?

BadWolf

I think people are generally becoming more positive about things now. It probably helps that Japanese companies are slowly becoming more prominent, because a lot of the negativity seems to surround them in Sony threads. There's a lot of unexpected stuff happening, and we're finally getting out of the early point of the generation. I think Square Enix has somewhat proven their point (obviously they have to release games and they have to be good too), so the next one up now is Sega. With the restructurings out of the way, and them getting a little more organised, they'll surprise people too moving forward. Their projects have gotten underway so there's good stuff to look forward to in the coming years.

If I was to categorise it, it'd be:

2014/2015 = Early
2016/2017 = Mid
Mid-2018 onwards = Late

The middle is always when good things start happening more consistently. Plus, believe me, there are plenty of surprises over the coming years. I think it's a good thing for people to hope for things. Nothing wrong with never say never, because well, it's going to be put to good use in the coming years.

It's like that Michael Jackson song. I'm going to rock your world.

Get it? Because you'll be shook, like an earthquake, the world will shake. Yeah, whatever. You're a terrible audience.

I dunno.

I've been really busy lately and my hands are pretty full to be dossing around elsewhere, so I don't know what SE is planning for TGS or whatever. But hey, that FFXV trailer? There's that, right?

Love your posts man, you always get me more hyped for this gen :)

Verendus

Banned
Love your posts man, you always get me more hyped for this gen :)
It's worth getting hyped for though, right?

You got MGSV (crap game, I kid), Uncharted, Mass Effect, FF7 Remake, and a bunch of other stuff. The smaller audiences aren't being neglected either so you've got plenty of Japanese games like Shenmue or niche JRPGs, and then there's a bunch of other stuff incoming.

The only bad thing is early announcements.

Remember Rime? That game? From 2013?!

There's honestly like a dozen games which were announced over two years ago, and haven't released. I think this is also why early generation is frustrating for a lot of people. You get games announced, and many times, it's when they're too early, and it makes matters worse. But since you've seen them for so long already, you want to see more new stuff, but that's not always possible since then you'd just have lots of early announcements.

This is why the middle of the generation is always better. Everyone has to make sacrifices in the early part with things that are just really far away.

But wow, is it going to suck if these games end up being disappointing. All my faith is on Uncharted 4 now. It's going to make me feel good again. I balee in Nathaniel Drake. He's not the hero I deserve, but the hero I need.

Edit:

Oh right, there's Persona 5 at the end of the year. I'm curious to play that too. Hoping it's as good as everyone says it is.

Also, Zero Escape 3 is coming too. Excited for that too, even though I've only played the first game in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom