• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scifi - Bruce Campbell movie just started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecrofirt

I love the fake beards!

And I think I just noticed the first inconsistancy. Didn't they say they'd been in space for 40 years? That old man said he was young when they left, and then he later said he was only about 35 years old. Ruh Ruh!

totoro'd

Ecrofirt said:
I love the fake beards!

And I think I just noticed the first inconsistancy. Didn't they say they'd been in space for 40 years? That old man said he was young when they left, and then he later said he was only about 35 years old. Ruh Ruh!

:lol :lol

And I loved how, near the beginning, they brought one of the alien commanders a bowl of fingers to eat, and I was like, they have Wendy's in the future, rockin'

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I can't believe I've actually watched an hour and a half of this bullshit.

And why is everybody's voice redubbed? Do they not have any boom operators in the future?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
good thing that line was in the 10 minister I watched!

It probably was the worst thing I've ever seen.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
happyfunball said:
Lonestar, that was the only 5 seconds that made the rest of it worth watching (well not really worth it.....)

Campbell had a few other funny lines.
"What's 'television'?"
"None of your damn business!"

For example. But...yeah...why the hell did I actually watch that whole thing?

Complete and utter shit. I haven't laughed that hard at a movie since we rented Battlefield Earth in January. That final battle was hilarious. The aliens didn't move or shoot. They just slightly twisted their torsos and took shots.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
cubicle47b said:
Complete and utter shit. I haven't laughed that hard at a movie since we rented Battlefield Earth in January. That final battle was hilarious. The aliens didn't move or shoot. They just slightly twisted their torsos and took shots.

Don't forget the shots they kept reusing of aliens being stabbed (three or four times by my count), decapitated(at least twice), and having arms chopped off(also three times) and the decapitation scene at the start.

It's pretty damned sad when you can watch a movie immediately after watching Army of Darkness and think "Good lord, these are some of the worst special effects ever"

What about the same KILLER PILE OF WOOD that kept falling on people in that battle! HOW SCARY! Good God, I know this crap is low budget but please these people need to find some respect for themselves.

Pimpwerx

LOL! I thought I was the only one that saw that last night. We caught that early this morning at random, and it was...interesting. Really cheesy, but obviously intentional. Not a bad story overall though, and there was gratuitous ass shots of the astronaut chick. Is this the quality of all SciFi movies? They need bigger budgets. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom