• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scorn: First person Giger-esque horror (Part 1 coming 2017, PC)

derFeef

Actually I did not like the reaction of the development team to the Eurogamer's playthrough of the Alpha demo.

This one:
https://twitter.com/scorn_game/status/915210369202876416

I mean: we all know it is an alpha demo. Yet, if something in the demo seems bad it is good to point it out. Heck, it is even useful to the development to receive criticism.

I myself played the alpha demo and got disappointed by some bad elements in the game, such as:
- Bad gunplay
- General slow pacing
- Static environment (very static, when I expected oozing walls, pulsating things and so on...)
- Insta-deaths

I can get over the cryptic puzzles... if they are fun. The ones in the demo are not fun.

Yet... I understand it is an alpha demo and as a backer I expect the game to get better with time.

Attacking people who criticizes the game is not very useful when you have to demonstrate your game is good.

It was a good response until it went personal. Weird.

My only gameplay issue with the backer demo is this instakill enemy that doesn't telegraph it will be one.
scorn_game_instakill_by_bondgeek-dbpddg0.gif

There could be more foley and environmental audio to sell how lived-in and otherworldly the place is.

I didn't have any issue with puzzles. There really is just one which is to go downstairs to get the left hand needle to then stick it into the machine to convert your orange key to a blue key. Right click to bring his right hand up, press the left to change the yellow lights to the left one, and make your new key.

I love the full body awareness and pressing Q to check your ammo. I love the animations of changing your guns.
scorn_game_full_body_awareness_by_bondgeek-dbpddlp.gif

scorn_game_changing_weapons_gif_by_bondgeek-dbpddj7.gif

Hope the developers can improve from here on out and take criticism on board, cause if Ian Higton doesn't like it and is confused, you sure as hell can bet the general audience at release time will have a similar reaction.

Scorn? You mean the atmospheric horror adventure developed by Ebb Software, set in a nightmarish universe of odd forms and somber tapestry?

I love Brandon Jones (and EZA). Every week I listen to the podcast and that line is burned in my memory with him reading it exactly like that.

Love it.

Castef

Banned
Hope the developers can improve from here on out and take criticism on board, cause if Ian Higton doesn't like it and is confused, you sure as hell can bet the general audience at release time will have a similar reaction.

Yep. Dismissing these feedbacks would be stupid.

Also, launching this kind of replies while the Kickstarter campaign is still running is not wise.

Top Bottom