• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scorpio.

Should statham be allowed to return to NeoGAF after his grandstanding account suicide in 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 63 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 49 26.5%
  • If he begs

Votes: 73 39.5%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It’s not about loyalty. It’s about me not respecting anyone who was dumb enough to believe the bullshit stories about Evilore. Leaving this place because of it and posting on REEE and pretending that place was normal human behaviour because they were too cowardly to do anything else.

It’s no secret that I’ve been a GAF member for a long time. At least 14 years. My original account was perm’d by the previous overzealous mods and once all the fuck heads left, I created a new one to help rebuild this place with the normal humans.

I know exactly what was going on that day. I was here.

People can make mistakes or get caught up in the general mood of a forum. I don't think that makes them irredeemable.

Papa

Banned
I think you take discussion forum loyalties too seriously. I mean, I like this place and all, but I always want to welcome more to the discussion. The current moderation policies are great for allowing discussion while not allowing people to totally shit up the place. A lot of people really just want to a good place to discuss games and other stuff and may have been caught up in the big movement to Era that happened. You seem to have registered right around when the site came back up, so unless you used to post from a different account, I feel like maybe you don't know how a lot of people may have felt on that day when everyone was jumping ship. Either way, I'm all for giving people second chances. A lot of people have woken up (no pun intended) to how toxic the intersectional brand of Social Justice actually is and it was far less apparent for many a couple of a years ago.

“Far less apparent back then” is what people who’ve been recently fed through the outrage woodchipper tell themselves for self-comfort. It was just as apparent back then as it is today, at least to people who were paying attention. Hell it was apparent to me when RiskyChris first started spreading the mind virus here in 2010.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
“Far less apparent back then” is what people who’ve been recently fed through the outrage woodchipper tell themselves for self-comfort. It was just as apparent back then as it is today, at least to people who were paying attention. Hell it was apparent to me when RiskyChris first started spreading the mind virus here in 2010.
Yeah, I love when they try to rewrite history.

I was there when this disease started. I was one of the voices who spoke up. “Why are you freaks bringing up sexism in every gaming thread? Stop it. Let’s talk about games.” Result: dogpiles and bans.

It was apparent to anyone with a brain.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It makes them weak-minded imbeciles.

I disagree. A mistake does not mean people cannot learn or change. To go through life with that mindset is a mistake.

I mean, you can take the "I told you so" approach if you want, but the fact of the matter is that a lot of people did not pay a great deal of attention, simply wanted to be "good people" and got caught up in what sounded like a good thing (social justice). It took quite a while for the masks to drop to the point that even people who didn't live and breath the culture war started to realize that maybe what they were being fed was actually just a bunch of poisonous garbage.

2010 was 10 years ago. A lot of people an change quite a bit in that amount of time. People grow up, graduate, get jobs, start families, buy homes, etc. when they may have been more impressionable as high school or college students or whatever. Even 3 years is plenty of time to start seeing things differently.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It wasn’t a mistake, it was a choice.

When their choice blows up in their face and they reluctantly come crawling back here, why should I care?

A conscious and deliberate choice can turn out to be a mistake, I don't know what you mean.

Papa

Banned
I disagree. A mistake does not mean people cannot learn or change. To go through life with that mindset is a mistake.

I mean, you can take the "I told you so" approach if you want, but the fact of the matter is that a lot of people did not pay a great deal of attention, simply wanted to be "good people" and got caught up in what sounded like a good thing (social justice). It took quite a while for the masks to drop to the point that even people who didn't live and breath the culture war started to realize that maybe what they were being fed was actually just a bunch of poisonous garbage.

Yeah, and if they admit they were wrong and swallow their medicine then we’re all good. But many of them can’t because they’ve been raised in a participation culture and can’t comprehend being wrong. People aren’t intrinsically equal — some have better intuition than others and those of us who saw Ree for what it was and stayed to rebuild GAF clearly do. It wasn’t a matter of masks slipping — if it were then none of us would’ve seen it in the first place.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Every society needs its sheep. What it doesn’t need is sheep that have been raised to think they’re wolves (e.g. legacyhero).

Honestly, I wanted to see him blend back in, but sadly, the damage was already done, it seems. The real question(s) that remain to be answered are: Do these people want to be here? Or are they only here because of an old grudge coupled with the fact that they have been banned by what was supposed to be "NeoGAF 2" or their new "Forum Home"?

I've seen some come back, admit things and blend in again quite well. Legacyzero seemed to use his former status(post count and length of time as member?) as some kind of podium to act better than others, when he came back. That was the vibe I got.

Papa

Banned
Honestly, I wanted to see him blend back in, but sadly, the damage was already done, it seems. The real question(s) that remain to be answered are: Do these people want to be here? Or are they only here because of an old grudge coupled with the fact that they have been banned by what was supposed to be "NeoGAF 2" or their new "Forum Home"?

I've seen some come back, admit things and blend in again quite well. Legacyzero seemed to use his former status(post count and length of time as member?) as some kind of podium to act better than others, when he came back. That was the vibe I got.

He was never going to blend in because he was a narcissist. His inability to apologise for past actions and attempts at fighting fire with fire in his welcome back roast were evidence of that. He simply couldn’t understand that he’d done anything wrong or participated in the pile on that caused a lot of hurt for EL who had graciously decided to give him another chance.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
He was never going to blend in because he was a narcissist. His inability to apologise for past actions and attempts at fighting fire with fire in his welcome back roast were evidence of that. He simply couldn’t understand that he’d done anything wrong or participated in the pile on that caused a lot of hurt for EL who had graciously decided to give him another chance.

Yup. I can say I'm 1:1 with that.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, that was a shame. I voted to give him another chance and don't regret it, but it's too bad he came back acting all superior to everyone that's been here in his absence.

Papa

Banned
Yeah, that was a shame. I voted to give him another chance and don't regret it, but it's too bad he came back acting all superior to everyone that's been here in his absence.

I also voted for him to get another chance. Statham too whose flameout post was nowhere near as bad as legacyhero’s. I’ll almost always vote for a second chance but it’s up to them to take it and integrate back into rational society.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How do you wake that which is already woke?
giphy.gif

DESTROYA

Never new them so I’m pretty indifferent but if you do put them on a short leash.
Im still up for the scarlet letter idea, mark them so everyone knows who they are.

Rat Rage

First of all: I votes yes. People can make mistakes. They deserve a second chance.

It makes them weak-minded imbeciles.

I don't agree with your statement. Leaving Neogaf was not a weak-minded decision. In late 2017 MANY people left Neogaf. Many good, old time posters. Some probably even left earlier than that. Why?`Because at the end of old Gaf (2017) this place was as or even worse than Resetera is today. There were multiple reasons why this was (lot's of shit happend behind closed doors at oldgaf), but let's not re-discuss that.

I believe all parties (users who left Gaf as well as Evilore himself) learned something from this drama. Maybe this drama was even needed to resurrect the "OLD GAF SPIRIT". Think about it. Sometimes bad things need to happen in order for new good things to happen. During times like that we all grow (hopefully for the better).

So, I myself, WELCOME all "sane" Resetera refugees! That in itself is not hard, because the chances are very high that if you get banned from Resetera, you are sane -- because people in charge of Resetera are obnoxiously hysteric, close-minded, dumb (and often times just logically inconsitent) assholes.

Last edited:
I also voted for him to get another chance. Statham too whose flameout post was nowhere near as bad as legacyhero’s. I’ll almost always vote for a second chance but it’s up to them to take it and integrate back into rational society.
Are you saying your tolerant? Intelligent.

Yeah, and if they admit they were wrong and swallow their medicine then we’re all good. But many of them can’t because they’ve been raised in a participation culture and can’t comprehend being wrong. People aren’t intrinsically equal — some have better intuition than others and those of us who saw Ree for what it was and stayed to rebuild GAF clearly do. It wasn’t a matter of masks slipping — if it were then none of us would’ve seen it in the first place.
93f.jpg

Last edited:

Sleepydays

Banned
I disagree. A mistake does not mean people cannot learn or change.

You have know way of knowing he's realized his 'mistake', or that he's learned or changed. It certainly appears he was perfectly happy at resetera until they banned him, and returning here is his silver medal. I know nothing about him but I'm happy to fuck him and the others that left in the manner they did.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I don’t like allowing people back here who fucked off to REEE and only crawled back because they got permed over there. I think it’s pathetic on their part and weak on our part.

Letting these sheep back will lower the quality of this place.

That’s my two cents.
I got swept up and left during Era's launch. I still browsed GAF and posted from time to time, but the majority of my time was spent on Era until I was permanently banned.

Now granted I went to Era without making a scene, but should I have not been allowed back?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
But this guy came back under an alt...ULTIMATELY it is up to THE MODS to enforce rules.

Top Bottom