• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Buck (Inhumass) full trailer leaks

X-Men get their powers from a gene, and they activate at random points throughout their life.

Inhumans are exposed to space mist that has the potential to activate powers.

What are inHumans? How do they differ from the myriad of other magical beings​ in the Marvel Universe.

They are an actual society with powerful beings and not some shitty band of freaks as the xmen.

Anyway you can't do justice to their greatness with some low tv budget and a very low qualified showrunner.

AndersK

Perlmutter and Buck behind the scenes:

1pksvo

Lightbreaker

Neo Member
Well..the trailer didn't work for me, I see the Inhumans as a low-tier Xmen copy. I'll definitely try out the first few episodes to make my mind up.

Something is telling that ABC/E4/SKY will order 24-26 episodes of this.

SpaceWolf

Banned
What are inHumans? How do they differ from the myriad of other magical beings in the Marvel Universe.

They're a gang of people who got like, experimented on some aliens ages ago, and now they have their own kingdom. There's a big mutant dog and a lady with crazy hair that throttles​ people and their king wears a mask for some reason.

It's amazing that AoS can actually be good in spite of the incompetence of Marvel TV.

Iron Fist was rubbish and this isn't looking to be much better under the same showrunner, but let's not start saying things we'll regret. Daredevil Season One still remains the best thing either Marvel department has ever put out.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Looks like a tv show.
Like I said in the other leak thread, it looks more like a TV show than any of the other Marvel TV shows.

What are inHumans? How do they differ from the myriad of other magical beings​ in the Marvel Universe.

Basically they have their own isolated society ruled by a royal family. Whenever a kid comes of age they get exposed to a substance called terrigen which essentially mutates them randomly, thanks to genetic experimentation by ancient aliens. What makes them different from the X-Men is the fact that they have their own weird society and a lot of family/royal drama, and there's usually a lot less emphasis on being accepted by the masses. It's less of "I just want to go to school and be a normal kid" and more of "is our society/nation even going to have dealings with the rest of the planet".

This has changed slightly in the MCU, with Inhumans starting to show up in the normal population like mutants, because Marvel doesn't have movie rights to the actual X-Men.

Iron Fist was rubbish and this isn't looking to be much better under the same showrunner, but let's not start saying things we'll regret. Daredevil Season One still remains the best thing either Marvel department has ever put out.

Netflix has been killing it despite Iron Fist. People actually watch those shows too unlike AoS which is amazing is still going with how bad it's ratings have been.

I meant lately. Luke Cage was okay. Iron Fist sucked. I liked Daredevil S2 but the consensus is that it's easily worst than the first. This looks terrible.

Right now, AoS is the exception.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Also, why does Attilan just look like it's a grey concrete parking garage?

Rootbeer

Banned
People spend countless hours ragging on Netflix Marvel quality when we have stuff like this coming out... was it all for nothing?

I feel bad for Inhumans. This is not the way to introduce it to the world if that trailer is any indication of the overall quality.

Not always, but quality TV can survive with middling ratings for longer than a bad show that everyone hates.

There are no hard and fast rules in the TV industry for what gets renewed and what doesn't.

It's all about money, it always has and always will. Only reason AoS has kept going with its poor ratings is because ABC has failed at getting anything better, they have had a streak of crappy shows and nothing to replace it with, and them wanting to push the Marvel narrative.

zulux21

i'm interested in this in general, and thus will still likely check it out.

but ugh.... I don't have high hopes.

the costume designer for medusa needs to be banned from doing costumes again >.<

TDLink

Awful.

I'm surprised with IMAX putting in money it looks so bad. Not only does it not look better than the Netflix stuff, it by far looks like the worst thing to come out of Marvel period.

Just watched The Defenders trailer again too, it's crazy how much of a night and day difference there is between that trailer and this one. Here it's like no one gave a shit. This seems so soulless. Just kinda existing as a thing.

Top Bottom