• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

I disagree I think the looks attractive in any circumstance even the "bad" picture that someone posted of her. But hey I think I have lower standards than 90 percent of Gaf.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think i'm the odd one out, I thought mew looked hotter in this film than she normally does. Hot as hell regardless anyway :lol

I'm really enjoying the nice collection of special features from this movie. This is the first movie in a very long time (perhaps ever) that I've had an interest in the special features. The bloopers were hilarious, and for whatever reason, I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim VS. The Animation a lot more the second time. Regardless, I'm loving this Blu-Ray.

evlcookie said:
I think i'm the odd one out, I thought mew looked hotter in this film than she normally does. Hot as hell regardless anyway :lol

I think she looks great in both the movie and real life.

MNC

Akim said:
He is pretty much a douche. Go read the posts he makes on his website/forum.
Used to read his tweets and they were devoid of punctuation and the likes so they seemed pretty emotionless yeah

Altazor

I dunno if BLOM (BLOMMMMMMM, lol) is a douche or not, but he seems like he's pretty much burnt out of this whole SP thingie. I mean, he has devoted the series more than 6 years of his life, I'm pretty sure he wants to move on (artistically, I mean. I'm pretty sure he's happy as fuck regarding the huge-ass paycheck he's getting).

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Scullibundo said:
Saw a guy ask him if he was going to be at Comic Con and O'malley gave him the coldest goddamn stare ever, before scoffing and shoving the dude's poster over to Cera.

You might think a fat, ugly, Canadian author of hipster harem Mary Sue wish fulfillment faux-manga making it big would leave intact some sense of modesty. But I guess instead it just means that people can't freely punch him in the face for being a douchelord anymore.

A friend of mine met BLOM and said he was a great guy. Apparently he stuck around to sign copies of the 6th volume long past the time alloted and would talk with each person.

I've also heard the opposite and that he hates Toronto.

*shrugs*

MNC

Eh, he's a human. Can't he have different kinds of emotions? I think Altazor's pretty much right. He was probably bummed out at the time of signing.

Scullibundo said:
Saw a guy ask him if he was going to be at Comic Con and O'malley gave him the coldest goddamn stare ever, before scoffing and shoving the dude's poster over to Cera.

Fat, ugly, antisocial nerds tend to act like assholes? News to me.

Is that sequel stuff true? Sounds kinda stupid.

If they did something like that I would probably prefer a little less "out-there" of a plot and find a way to get in a lot of that content from books 1-6 that didn't make it into the movie. One of the weakest aspects of the movie is that it took place over a few days rather than over a year's worth of development for the characters and Scott and Ramona's relationship.

Though I'm not sure who would greenlight a sequel and how much it could bring to the table if there's a chance of O'Malley not being involved, I'd probably still watch the fuck out if it.

jediyoshi

MNC said:
Eh, he's a human. Can't he have different kinds of emotions? I think Altazor's pretty much right. He was probably bummed out at the time of signing.

Apparently he's either a cool bro or a dick. Internet logic is infallible!

And how did I ever miss the heart shaped bokeh. Greatest little touch in a movie ever

EYEL1NER

I just saw this movie on BluRay and I have to say, I loved it. I can understand why people didn't and don't, my wife was sitting there looking at me funny whenever I'd crack up or telling me she was bored. But I thought this movie was amazing.

Zeliard

Brian Lee O'Malley has always come across like an utter, humorless douche in every single interview I've seen him in, written or otherwise. Just a generally shitty person.

jett

D-Member
Zeliard said:
Brian Lee O'Malley has always come across like an utter douche in every single interview I've seen him in, written or otherwise. Just a generally shitty person.

That's exactly how he came across to me in the recent panel with Guillermo del Toro, like some antisocial douche.

jediyoshi

Flying_Phoenix said:
They "uglied" a lot of people in this film to make it more realistic. Most people who fall into Scott Pilgrims demographic aren't pretty boys and hot chicks.

I think Stills' and Pine's wigs helped them out a bunch. Also, sideburns make everything better.

RetroMG

EYEL1NER said:
I just saw this movie on BluRay and I have to say, I loved it. I can understand why people didn't and don't, my wife was sitting there looking at me funny whenever I'd crack up or telling me she was bored. But I thought this movie was amazing.

My wife walked out of the movie theater and said, "That was a funny movie, I liked it, and I see why you want to own it, but frankly, I don't feel like I'll need to watch it ever again."

(To be fair, I said something similar to her about Inception. It was an amazing movie, but I don't think I'd be willing to sit and carefully watch it again. It was too dense.)

Peff

Wow, this premiered here yesterday and it's only being shown in a couple of cities. There is literally no way for more than half of the country to watch it in a theatre :-/ *sigh* Blu-ray it is, I guess. Being Universal, I assume the US BR is region-free, isn't it?

Medalion

Banned
I never saw this movie in theatres, had no interest whatsoever... Saw some trailers of it on an hd movie channel, looks interesting... I am gunna check this one out asap now

jett

D-Member
I gave it another watch on blu-ray last night. The fight with Gideon is so much better done than anything else in the movie it's ridiculous, seriously. If only the entire film kept that level of awesomeness.* I did like it better the second time around tbh.

Then again it might be the Schwartzmnn factor.

razielim

Bought it yesterday on recommendation by a friend and is now among my favorites for the year. Movie was super unique and just insanely fun.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Medalion said:
I never saw this movie in theatres, had no interest whatsoever... Saw some trailers of it on an hd movie channel, looks interesting... I am gunna check this one out asap now
I think you'll like it.

After a few views, I don't like Ramona as a character.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
the only thing i dont like about the film is unavoidable, its missing some of the dates scott and ramona went on in book 2, there was quite the gap between bf 1 and bf 2 and alot of interaction between the two that couldve fit in nicely with how they did the film....guess somethings gotta get cut though.

and people saying ramona isnt cute are retarded shes a doll in this movie, yes knives is hot ....so i dont see a problem 2 hot babes.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
DonasaurusRex said:
the only thing i dont like about the film is unavoidable, its missing some of the dates scott and ramona went on in book 2, there was quite the gap between bf 1 and bf 2 and alot of interaction between the two that couldve fit in nicely with how they did the film....guess somethings gotta get cut though.

and people saying ramona isnt cute are retarded shes a doll in this movie, yes knives is hot ....so i dont see a problem 2 hot babes.
I read the first book and their first date was a lot more charming. I don't remember Scott explaining his x-man patch either. I know they had to rush the movie but we didn't get much Ramona and Scott interaction. More time was spent on Knives than Ramona. Also Ramona was kinda a b'.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Vox-Pop said:
I read the first book and their first date was a lot more charming. I don't remember Scott explaining his x-man patch either. I know they had to rush the movie but we didn't get much Ramona and Scott interaction. More time was spent on Knives than Ramona. Also Ramona was kinda a b'.

yeah she is pretty cold at times but in a way it brings scott closer to her doesnt seem to turn him away least not by book 2. Even then shes truly into him by the time she comes over for dinner at his place and eats dinner with the band. The story how the first band formed was cool too, and i would argue that shoulda been in the movie but oh well what ya gonna do.

butter_stick said:
Ramona doesn't have a character to like or dislike.

But she's hot so smh.

Ramona's character was very fleshed out for the film. She's just a very bitter and cynical person.

I don't understand how Scott's suppose to be the so called asshole when Ramona doesn't try to do much to comfort Scott. I mean yeah he acts like a dick at times but he has 7 evil exes trying to kill him.

I dunno, comics Ramona I could at least see that she enjoyed being with Scott on occasion, and they had some happy times. In the movie it's like...OK, she's hot, but why do you love her, again?

Medalion

Banned
I just finished the bluray

That has to be the most thoroughly geekishly entertaining movies i have seen in ages

I feel bad for missing out

ezekial45

Banned
Medalion said:
I just finished the bluray

That has to be the most thoroughly geekishly entertaining movies i have seen in ages

I feel bad for missing out

"Everyone who didn't see this movie is a motherfucker."
- Guillermo Del Toro.

smokeymicpot said:
Finally got my blu today its so awesome. Might be my favorite movie of the year.

Picked up mine today too. Looks so gorgeous on BRD. Also, the O'Malley/Wright commentary is just as much about how the comic was made as the movie was. Really fascinating stuff for fans of the comic.

I take back my previous response hatin' on this movie. It's just that i watched it in a disturbing environment.

I watched the movie twice yesterday, once by myself and another with my friends. Enjoyed it both times!

BenjaminBirdie said:
Picked up mine today too. Looks so gorgeous on BRD. Also, the O'Malley/Wright commentary is just as much about how the comic was made as the movie was. Really fascinating stuff for fans of the comic.

No, the movie doesn't looks gorgeous. Probably the worst looking blu ray from all my collection.

I feel bad for missing this in the theaters. Also I haven't bought a movie soundtrack in a long time but I bought this one. Love Beck's songs for this one, they feel like stuff he might have written 15 years ago, almost like a lost ep from him.

I know this bombed but I sincerely hope people keep funding Edgar Wright movies cause I want to see more from this guy. He's got real talent.

Seth C

BenjaminBirdie said:

You think so? I thought it looks mediocre. I wish it was more colorful. It was when I saw it in the theater (twice) but the Blu just looks toned down.

ezekial45

Banned
wayward archer said:
I feel bad for missing this in the theaters. Also I haven't bought a movie soundtrack in a long time but I bought this one. Love Beck's songs for this one, they feel like stuff he might have written 15 years ago, almost like a lost ep from him.

I know this bombed but I sincerely hope people keep funding Edgar Wright movies cause I want to see more from this guy. He's got real talent.

He'll be just fine. Regardless of how it did in theaters, they made a great movie and they'll be have no problems finding work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom