• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://www.edgarwrighthere.com/2011/03/07/march-6th-2011-tokyo-last-day-in-japan/

Blog post of their last day in Tokyo.

Pictures in the link.

5505660034_319ba59e32_z.jpg

5505660638_c7fab13f88_z.jpg

Like a Boss

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
petethepanda said:
I doubt they'd dub over a commentary track (unless the guys actually speak Japanese), it'll probably be subtitled.
It sounded like Shinya Arino would be providing an additional commentary track. Is this not really the case? Or are you saying he'd be recording it in English for some reason?

undrtakr900

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU.....

So my Scott Pilgrim BluRay/DVD combo set came yesterday but I can't watch the special features because they are BluRay exclusive and I don't have a BR Player :mad:

I thought it would be included with the dvd version just, you know, in lower res. Instead the dvd just has your basic deleted scenes/bloopers but the best stuff: "Making of..." or "Animations", the main reason I bought it, are BR exclusive.

*sigh* I guess its time to upgrade anyone know a cheap(in price not quality) Bluray Player I could get?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
XiaNaphryz said:
It sounded like Shinya Arino would be providing an additional commentary track. Is this not really the case? Or are you saying he'd be recording it in English for some reason?
He'll be speaking in Japanese, no doubt. The question is whether us English-speakers will get a subtitle track.. There's no reason to assume so, yet. Hopefully someone can fansub it, if not..

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
BocoDragon said:
He'll be speaking in Japanese, no doubt. The question is whether us English-speakers will get a subtitle track.. There's no reason to assume so, yet. Hopefully someone can fansub it, if not..
That's what I thought. No idea what that other guy was referring to.

undrtakr900

undrtakr900 said:
Okay just placed my order =)
33y0t9x.jpg
Okay I just finished reading Scott Pilgrim Vol. 1 and it was awesome! Their facial expression are hilarious especially when their eyes turn into smiley faces. Going to go buy the whole box set now =)

oatmeal

Banned
undrtakr900 said:
Okay I just finished reading Scott Pilgrim Vol. 1 and it was awesome! Their facial expression are hilarious especially when their eyes turn into smiley faces. Going to go buy the whole box set now =)

It's worth it to just order all of them, they read so fast.

undrtakr900

oatmeal said:
It's worth it to just order all of them, they read so fast.
Yeah I noticed that lol, as soon as I was getting into the book it was over. But I'm going to get the boxset, since it comes in a nice box to hold them all and I get a free poster with it.

big ander

Seraphis Cain said:
Brie Larson's gonna be on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson here in a few minutes. Should be good. :D
Thanks for the heads up, was actually looking for something late-night to watch. Perfect timing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
big ander said:
Thanks for the heads up, was actually looking for something late-night to watch. Perfect timing.

No problem. Figured some of the people in this thread would like to know.

She's up after these commercials. Woo! :D

alterno69

Banned
BOught the BD last week and just saw it yesterday with my wife, she loved it more than i did but i really liked it, really original and funny film, charming really.
I think it helps that i love M. Cera.

Firestorm

CBC is the best

XdC6w.png

fyi:
Plumtree's second album, Predicts the Future, was recorded in 1997 with Laurence Currie at Idea of East studios in Halifax. Released in 1998, the CD propelled Plumtree onto the covers of weekly magazines, including Canada's music monthly, Exclaim!, as well as to the #1 spot on the national college radio chart, Earshot. Videos for the singles "Scott Pilgrim", "Go", and "You Just Don't Exist" received regular airplay on MuchMusic. ("Scott Pilgrim" went on to inspire the popular graphic novel series, Scott Pilgrim, by Bryan Lee O'Malley).

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Nappuccino said:
Ramona... Knives could arguably be cuter though.
It's the reverse for me. Knives is cute... but Ramona on film doesn't come together like she should.

The comic character was cute, Mary Elizabeth Winstead was cute... but on screen it looks like a pudgy hipster girl with a bad wig *shrugs*

Harry Potter said:
She's got some battle scars dude. I'd take Anna Kendrick. I'd like to spin her on my dick like a Harlem Globetrotter would a basketball.

lmao maybe it's because I'm drunk, but this post made me rofl.

edit: too many acronyms. my bad.

BocoDragon said:
It's the reverse for me. Knives is cute... but Ramona on film doesn't come together like she should.

The comic character was cute, Mary Elizabeth Winstead was cute... but on screen it looks like a pudgy hipster girl with a bad wig *shrugs*

either one, i can't ogle at them. too young....

should have read the comic before watching the movie...

Suairyu

Banned
Mt Heart Attack said:
And it shows. Seriously, being 17 was pretty much the whole point of Knives character and they pick a 25 year old to portray her? Whatever. Besides she wasn't even that cute:/
In schoolgirl uniform with ponytail she passed for 17 quite well. Once the haircut happened, not so much.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
BocoDragon said:

Exactly! I was so excited when I heard MEW was cast as Ramona (God, what a beautiful woman, and the eyes are perfect for the role) but somehow it didn't come together at all. : /

She looks much better in everything else I've seen her in.

Suairyu said:
In schoolgirl uniform with ponytail she passed for 17 quite well. Once the haircut happened, not so much.
To think they already had the right actress for that character in the cast, at least from an aesthetic standpoint.

010SVW_Chantelle_Chung_001.jpg

Right age and damn cute.

Talon

Mt Heart Attack said:
And it shows. Seriously, being 17 was pretty much the whole point of Knives character and they pick a 25 year old to portray her? Whatever. Besides she wasn't even that cute:/
I have news for you.

James Marsden doesn't shoot beams from his eyes.

Finally got around to seeing this. Wow.

Cera as Scott makes him a pretty different character than in the books, but that is not really a negative for this movie. It really is its own thing in the best possible way. Loved every minute.

jgminto

Fanatic about this movie. The atmosphere, the characters, the music! It creates such an amazing package that has become one of my all-time favourite movies.

devenger

My favorite part of this movie is the lack of explanation for the weirdness. So many projects are deemed "unfilmable", and comic book movies always have to start with a looong introduction / origin story process. Pilgrim just says go with it and dares you to keep up. That alone makes this movie really enjoyable.

Gvaz

Banned
Salaadin said:
Stop posting on gaf and just watch it.
I had to skip the first half hour because it was just so awkward and bad.

The part with the band was just "what the fuck" like that girl said too

still awkward though, also wtf with teh sitcom music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom