• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Dir. Wright, Cera, Kendrick, Evans, Schwartzman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cornballer said:
So excited about this. :DIs that officially confirmed anywhere?
It had a good run. I bumped it one last time today w/ the photo from the OP.

Yep, UK release is confirmed for August 27th, and Edgar has said on Twitter that he will "see us sometime in August".

I assume US will be a week before UK, so end of August sounds about right. I'm sure US rls will be confirmed soon.

KingHenrik30 said:
Clearly, because the new cool thing is to hate Michael Cera
I really like Cera, but a lot of his criticism is somewhat founded. He played the same character in a lot of his movies. After Youth in Revolt has he changed that.

Boonoo

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Cast looks good except for Knives, something's just off about her. Maybe it's the hair? It was red in the book, and I don't like it being the same color as Ramona's.

Maybe that shot is from when Knives is trying to copy Ramona's hair. It looks like she has the two color thing going on.

I just read through the 5 books recently; it'll be interesting to see how it's adapted. The fights are really the smallest part of things.

ezekial45 said:
Tell me about it. I was geeking out when i first saw that pic.

Looked better than i imagined.

It's addicting. I just keep looking at it...and it's just one frame of this movie! :lol

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Count me in as being nervous about Cera. His look is close but a little off (why the curly hair? - I know it's Cera but it still seems like make-up department could change it) plus I have not seen Cera in any role that I can think of where he's acted the role of confidence that seems required of Scott Pilgrim. Believe me I'd love nothing more than to have these worries put to rest, and I hope they will, but until I see more I'm just approaching this with slight skepticism.

Trailer nao though...

Jenga

Banned
Weenerz said:
Michael Cera, ugh.
I'm really, really tired of this guy. Not commenting on the quality of his acting, it's just...I've seen this guy way too many fucking times in the past year. He's becoming the new Shia Lebouf.

Blackhead

Redarse
Jenga said:
I'm really, really tired of this guy. Not commenting on the quality of his acting, it's just...I've seen this guy way too many fucking times in the past year. He's becoming the new Shia Lebouf.
It got so bad that while watching Adventureland I couldn't stop wondering why Michael Cera passed on the role.
He was never even linked with the project but I'm guessing that's his double yet hired for the lead.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Charred Greyface said:
It got so bad that while watching Adventureland I couldn't stop wondering why Michael Cera passed on the role.
He was never even linked with the project but I'm guessing that's his double yet hired for the lead.

You mean Zombieland right? :lol I was thinkin the same thing during the movie..

7Th

The cast would be so fucking perfect if it wasn't for Cera.

I don't dislike the guy, but he doesn't look like Scott at all. Scott may be silly and lazy but he is also very energetic, Cera is anything but energetic.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Charred Greyface said:
And I haven't seen Zombieland. :lol Poor dude. Isn't he older than Cera?
And I think he's been acting longer than him too.

Then again, who really knows how old Michael Cera is.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
7Th said:

I don't dislike the guy, but he doesn't look like Scott at all. Scott may be silly and lazy but he is also very energetic, Cera is anything but energetic.
couldnt he just... y'know. act energetic?

and ive started reading the books, and theyre pretty sweet. especially since i live in toronto

7Th said:

Check out Clark and Michael sometime. Or anything. Shit, watch the clips he made with the Jersey Shore people they aired tonight. Dude was on FIYAH. Cera is going to rock fucking faces off and I am going to laugh at all the haters when they stumble in like "Oh hey, I guess he wasn't that --" "A HA HA HA HA HA HA" "--wasn't that--" "HA HA HA HA HA"

And so on.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
wow it even mentions lees palace. i guess scott lives around where i do.

i think cera lives around here too. or thats what ive heard. so he definitely knows scotts turf pretty well.

i just went to a battle of the bands at lees palace last night.

this comic is cool.

and my roommate is totally a closeted homosexual. so it all works out.

-COOLIO- said:
wow it even mentions lees palace. i guess scott lives around where i do.

i think cera lives around here too. or thats what ive heard. so he definitely knows scotts turf pretty well.

i just went to a battle of the bands at lees palace last night.

this comic is cool.

and my roommate is totally a closeted homosexual. so it all works out.

Order something from Amazon and see what happens!!

Blader

BenjaminBirdie said:
Check out Clark and Michael sometime. Or anything. Shit, watch the clips he made with the Jersey Shore people they aired tonight. Dude was on FIYAH. Cera is going to rock fucking faces off and I am going to laugh at all the haters when they stumble in like "Oh hey, I guess he wasn't that --" "A HA HA HA HA HA HA" "--wasn't that--" "HA HA HA HA HA"

And so on.

I just can't see Cera saying something like "This is my totally gay roommate" with the same kind of energy I imagine Scott saying it with.

That is a pretty bad-ass photo.

I really like Edgar Wright's films, and Cera's ok. I wish he'd do more than the awkward teen stuff that he currently does (though Youth in Revolt and this one hopefully change that). I haven't read the books, but I hear good things, so I'm gonna check them out.

I wish people would shut up about Cera as Scott. I trust Edgar Wright and Brian O'Malley. I've seen him act like a prick, in character as Scott Pilgrim, during the behind the scenes footage Wright has posted. He's perfect. The only person better then Cera they could have cast is me.

Ceres

Banned
WordAssassin said:
I wish people would shut up about Cera as Scott. I trust Edgar Wright and Brian O'Malley. I've seen him act like a prick, in character as Scott Pilgrim, during the behind the scenes footage Wright has posted. He's perfect. The only person better then Cera they could have cast is me.

And there's the gag they filmed of him getting fired from Knocked Up after going at it with Judd Apatow.

WordAssassin said:

LINK??!

I checked his site but it doesn't seem like there anywhere.

Kronotech

I have never heard of this book before but from the sounds of it, Cera would be great. I loved him on Conan last night so he sealed the deal for me. Ok that's a lie but I did like him on Conan last night.

This movie looks epic.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Combichristoffersen said:
Read the first book yesterday. Quite liked it. The movie should be interesting.
It gets WAY better.

Charred Greyface said:
The film is only covering books 1-5 right? Does that mean there will be a sequel if the film does well?
The film covers all six books. Sounds to me like it will be too crammed with battles and lacking in character and plot development (and the leaked draft of the script certainly was), but we'll see.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
just finished book 3.

honest eds. wow. ive been to the store but i didnt get that joke at all. i still laughed from teh wierdness though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom