• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream: The TV Series S2 |OT| I Know What You Did Last Season - Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

So much for worrying about the main cast having plot armour.

Fantastic start to the season. Loved the intro at the theatre, was pretty tense and well shot too.

Jake was always the one with the weakest. Noah, Emma, Brooke and Audrey are a bit more protected than him and Kieran. Black girl, creepy horror kid on the other hand. They'll be dead in the second half I assume.

Jake was always the one with the weakest. Noah, Emma, Brooke and Audrey are a bit more protected than him and Kieran. Black girl, creepy horror kid on the other hand. They'll be dead in the second half I assume.

Yeah, I can agree with that. It did feel like he should have been offed in the first season but survived by the skin of his teeth.

Guess we know why he did now, but still nice to see them not mess around and take out a main cast member, even if it he was the weakest/most likely to be killed.

kai3345

Banned

Fantastic start to the season. Loved the intro at the theatre, was pretty tense and well shot too.

Jake was definitely the red-shirtiest of the original survivors. Not at all surprised that he was offed so early.

Corpekata

Banned

LOL you think killing Jake is a "so much for plot armor" moment? Dude shouldn't have made it out of season 1 in the first place.

The only actually suprising death in the show so far was Emma's season 1 boyfriend (at least compared to how early he died with so many others that seemed flagged for death like Jake).

kai3345

Banned
LOL you think killing Jake is a "so much for plot armor" moment? Dude shouldn't have made it out of season 1 in the first place.

The only actually suprising death in the show so far was Emma's season 1 boyfriend (at least compared to how early he died with so many others that seemed flagged for death like Jake).

lol that was definitely the best kill. so over the top lol

Xemnas89

I figured one of the survivors from season 1 would get axed first. It helps to create the illusion that no one is safe even though we probably wont see another season one death till after the halfway mark. Was a good premiere and they've built enough intrigue to keep things interesting.

Just watched the first episode - great start to the season. Audrey and Noah are still the best duo on TV. Wasn't surprised that Jake was the first to go - was kind of hoping they'd twist it up and kill Emma in the opening but it looks like she's gonna still be important this series - although based on her being on the podcast and her saying she's not a "final girl" I'm thinking maybe they're setting up a twist of her dying at some point.

EulaCapra

The Scream after show, Scream After Dark is hilarious. It's not just roundtable with actors and random viewers/celebrities with unimportant opinions and theories. It's like a 30-minute sketch show with a very game cast and hosted by Jeffery Self, who is basically a non-drag version of RuPaul's Drag Race shtick.

Season 2 predictions: Emma dies, Noah was always the secondary killer (even the showrunners admitted they were gonna make him be a killer in season 1), Audrey the "Sidney Prescott" all along. Season 1 did end with her and both season openers started with her after all.

kingkitty

Season 1 was kinda bad, but I'm a sucker for this type of show. New season is off to a good start. I'm really glad Jake died painfully.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is it possible to watch on Netflix yet?

Outside the US seems like it will be added weekly. In the US you can watch it on-demand on MTV.com and then sign in with your cable provider or check out MTV's schedule. They literally rerun it like everyday. But if you're waiting in the US for it to be on Netflix, it won't show up until after the season is over.

Ydelnae

It's good to have the show back, but the episode kind of felt disappointing. It had the most predictable death, the new characters seem to be too similar to the old characters and that season trailer at the end spoiled some key moments, I was pissed off.

I'm in the Emma dies this season camp, but who really needs to die soon is Emma's mother. I hate that character.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Making my predictions right now after seeing ep 1.

Stalker is sheriffs son. Sheriff does not know about this. Stalker is also s2 killer. Accomplice of stalker who later dies is that psychology teacher. Motive is something not shown yet and also the reason the sheriff and son left town but then came back.

Method stalker got audreys letters is they know piper and worked with her before in a different town.

Pink shirt girl who tutors emma will be next victim.

I have faith in my guess.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
They're not going to kill the only minority girl 3 eps in again. :p

She had a pink shirt on she is next.

EDIT: I'll be more clear. The way noah and her looked at eachother, they are going to be a thing. The s2 killer is going to copycat the s1 killer. First step, slaughter noahs new gf again. This is all given off due to that pink sweater

Angel_DvA

a good start, the Stalker/Killer going after Audrey was predictable and exactly what we talked about last year but it's very entertaining and has so much potential if doing right.

I really like the mix between text messages and calling, feels really up to date, the show has great references too but I still dislike that the killer isn't using his Buck only. Some actors are still terrible but it is what is is, the music playlist is better too, can't wait for ep 2.

Random shit you can see in the season trailer

Audrey kissing new chick Zoe
Audrey kissing Noah
Noah essentially is getting a threesome. Go Noah.
Emma kissing Ghostface unmasked
Kieran getting stabbed in the back

So theorizing on what happens in the trailer:

My guess is that Keiran being stabbed in the back is a dream sequence, where Emma dreams about him getting stabbed, then new guy takes off the mask and she makes out with him and then she wakes up and freaks out about what that means.

Razmos

Just watched the first episode of season 2. Jake's death was a bit dragged out, I was half expecting him to get away. At least we got that lovely skinny dipping scene. New guy seems pretty cute to pick up the slack I guess.

Zoe is cool so far too, and I just know that if she gets killed, it's going to involve the killer grabbing onto her hair as she tries to run lol. Gurl, you know the town you are in right? That's not a survivors hairdo

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I feel like i'm starting to hate Emma, ffs stop being a dick to your mom, tired of your relationship drama too. ಠ_ಠ Why'd they have to do that to Jake?

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Sort of disliked ep1. No classic first random kill at the being. Everything Leading to Jake's death was just poorly done. The capture, it being drawn out, etc. Here is a weapon to get out, just kidding. Just had zero flow.

Just finished the first season, lol open spoilers all over the place but that's what I get for coming into this thread. I blame only myself.

It was actually really good. I was a little meh on the tone at first but I felt the bowling alley episode, the ending to that and the rest was fucking great.

Kevin

Thought the premiere was fantastic. It's a shame that the ratings are so damn low. I feel like a lot of people don't like the same shows that I do though so I kind of expected this.

Just binged through the first season. Really good show. Also the first episode of season 2. I'm still not clear on why Rachel died or who killed her.

Also please don't kill Noah, he's the best.

Thought the premiere was fantastic. It's a shame that the ratings are so damn low. I feel like a lot of people don't like the same shows that I do though so I kind of expected this.

I don't know how true this is, but it's on Netflix in Canada and UK each week, and I hear the views are good there

My only nitpick with the first finale is that I thought Brooke's party could have seen a lot more bloodshed. It felt like this huge setup to multiple killings because of all the dumbassery, but only a handful of people died.

I also think the casting of Kieran is incredible, he reminds you of Skeet Ulrich, pretty boy but with eyes that suggest a dark side and demons in the closet, but ended up (for now) being really cool.

Unfortunately, Piper being the killer was far too predictable, they do a decent job of tossing around red herrings left and right but the evidence started to pile up pretty early and just kept worsening:

-random outsider comes to town and gets into everyone's shit, plays super nice with Emma
-the ultrasound revelation and Emma's mom saying "I don't even know if it was a boy or girl" (this was the major ringer)
-the stuff in the garage with Will, her being knocked out, etc. felt super fishy to me for some reason-- showing her in the presence of another Ghostface felt like they were trying too hard to take suspicion away from her

Fun show. Excited to burn through season 2. I'm waiting until it's all out because I like to binge these kinds of things, doing so for season 1 yesterday made it feel like this huge slasher epic. So again I should probably not even be in the thread lol as I've already seen one huge spoiler, but w/e

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I tried watching that other slasher tv show, called Slasher, and by god it's super boring compared to this charming cast. The self awareness does wonders for this show.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I tried watching that other slasher tv show, called Slasher, and by god it's super boring compared to this charming cast. The self awareness does wonders for this show.

I was thinking about watching that but decided against it when I realized Scream was coming back. It looked like something that I would have gotten maybe 2 or 3 episodes into and then dropped. Exact experience I had with the From Dusk Till Dawn tv series. It isn't bad or anything, just way more interesting shows on the air right now.

Do we know the exact extent of Audrey's involvement with Piper? Did she definitely dress up as ghost face and actually kill people? The stalker having all the letters seems like there was a third accomplice that Piper kept hidden as insurance. Or else Audrey's involvement was very minimal, perhaps even just that early contact by letter, maybe she sent Piper after that girl from the first episode and her gf but got out then. She couldn't ever say she knew it was Piper because she'd be dropped in it then too although without ever having done any 'killing' herself.

Also, anyone else feel like we're going to get major swerves with the new characters? They are all pretty similar to some of the older characters. The psych teacher giving Emma her number if she wants to reach out could give us a 'you fell for this shit again' moment if she turns out to be the killer/stalker.

I love this show, gives you so much to think about.

carlsojo

Do we know the exact extent of Audrey's involvement with Piper? Did she definitely dress up as ghost face and actually kill people? The stalker having all the letters seems like there was a third accomplice that Piper kept hidden as insurance. Or else Audrey's involvement was very minimal, perhaps even just that early contact by letter, maybe she sent Piper after that girl from the first episode and her gf but got out then. She couldn't ever say she knew it was Piper because she'd be dropped in it then too although without ever having done any 'killing' herself.

Also, anyone else feel like we're going to get major swerves with the new characters? They are all pretty similar to some of the older characters. The psych teacher giving Emma her number if she wants to reach out could give us a 'you fell for this shit again' moment if she turns out to be the killer/stalker.

I love this show, gives you so much to think about.

I don't think we have any specifics other than she knocked out Piper and dragged her away in front of Emmas boyfriend in season 1.

kai3345

Banned
I don't think we have any specifics other than she knocked out Piper and dragged her away in front of Emmas boyfriend in season 1.

we're not even completely sure that was Audrey.

I personally think it was Jake, which is why the new killer killed him and is messing with Audrey - they're out to get anyone involved in the original murders.

Joni

There was only one moment where Piper needed someone to help which is where she is attacked. She probably told Audrey that it was a joke. The other accomplice probably didn't do anything.

kirblar

we're not even completely sure that was Audrey.

I personally think it was Jake, which is why the new killer killed him and is messing with Audrey - they're out to get anyone involved in the original murders.
I think producers confirmed that specific instance in interviews- it's the only spot where it HAS to be Audrey based on the circumstances.

Razmos

I love how much speculation goes on in this thread. Considering I binge watched the first season on Netflix I missed out on all this (though had my own theories and figured out it was Piper quite early on)

Looking forward to where this goes. I think the show does a great job of making everything mysterious, they really know their audience.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
15 minutes until....I"m guessing a whole lot of exposition and not much else. Usually when they snuff someone, they hint the crap out of it on social media. So I'm thinking, we're getting stiffed on stiffs tonight.

kirblar

15 minutes until....I"m guessing a whole lot of exposition and not much else. Usually when they snuff someone, they hint the crap out of it on social media. So I'm thinking, we're getting stiffed on stiffs tonight.
From the first few ep descriptions, sounds like they're starting off slow (which is better than what they did in S1 with 3 off the bat and then a whole lotta nothing.)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Ok now that is just... how goddamn dumb are Emma and her mom?

"Let's go back there. Alone."
"k"

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Audrey is so damn jumpy at any accomplice mentions. Was she really THE one? And this is about revenge on the ONE accomplice. Or was there another accomplice she didn't know about. The mystery thickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom