• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream: The TV Series S2 |OT| I Know What You Did Last Season - Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Vote on next murder? It has to be the new girl zoe that everyone is falling over. Both emma and noah love her. She will die.

Still think killer is sherrifs son

The hotel guy is toast.

Jake did all sorts of shady things, I wouldn't put it past him to have assisted Piper in some capacity

I can't wait to finally have the killer show up legitimately in everyone's lives. Calling Emma and shit. That'll tell us a lot more about their motives at the very least. I was thinking about how the killer refers to Audrey as "killer". But they never specified if they meant as a "killer" for helping Piper...or a killer for "killing" Piper.

Vote on next murder? It has to be the new girl zoe that everyone is falling over. Both emma and noah love her. She will die.

Still think killer is sherrifs son
The chick from the prank that leads to that mask interrogation scene of Aubrey
So 2 doesn't waver my thinking Brook and Aubrey are/were together and Emma is in on the killings this season

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Hmmmm.
Seriously, who’s the killer this season on Scream? — Jennifer
My money is on Emma, but the suspicious return of her father does raise some questions for the Lakewood Five. The real question though is how far Audrey is willing to go to keep her secret — and you’ll be surprised by the answer.

Audrey is totally killing the hotel guy isn't she?

carlsojo

Crazy probably wrong theory: What if Emma didn't "leave" therapy, but escaped a mental institution? Her "father" could be a guy sent from the institution to bring her back.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Crazy probably wrong theory: What if Emma didn't "leave" therapy, but escaped a mental institution? Her "father" could be a guy sent from the institution to bring her back.

That would depend on whether if we see her mum interacting with him or not over the next few episodes XD

I wanted to like this show. Badly. Loved the Scream movies. But this is just so fucking stupid.

Couldn't continue after the first death scene in the first episode. So poorly made.

When it joined Netflix I decided to give the 2nd season a chance because it changed showrunners and the first episode was all right and had better set pieces (
and was more focused on Audrey, who seems like she would be a better protagonist
)... but when the cliffhanger was solved in less than a minute by
having that awful girl Emma just run out the door
I gave up again. Ugh

Sorry to bore you all with this long ass text, normally I wouldn't care about awful TV shows, but watching this shit made me want to see the first 2 movies again and I was reminded how awesome they were. Sidney was a bad-ass character and her friends were maybe more articulated than the regular 90's teenager but they still seemed like they could be real people. This show had so much potential...

Feels bad man

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I wanted to like this show. Badly. Loved the Scream movies. But this is just so fucking stupid.

Couldn't continue after the first death scene in the first episode. So poorly made.

When it joined Netflix I decided to give the 2nd season a chance because it changed showrunners and the first episode was all right and had better set pieces (
and was more focused on Audrey, who seems like she would be a better protagonist
)... but when the cliffhanger was solved in less than a minute by
having that awful girl Emma just run out the door
I gave up again. Ugh

Sorry to bore you all with this long ass text, normally I wouldn't care about awful TV shows, but watching this shit made me want to see the first 2 movies again and I was reminded how awesome they were. Sidney was an awesome character and her friends were maybe more articulated than the regular 90's teenager but they still seemed like they could be real people. This show had so much potential...

Feels bad man

I am confused by your post, did you skip the entire first season and jump to the second?

I am confused by your post, did you skip the entire first season and jump to the second?

Yes, I decided to see if the 2nd season improved on anything and if it did, I'd stick to it and search the wiki whenever I felt confused by past plot points. I liked 2x01 enough to even watch the last 2 episodes of the 1st season. But yeah, not sure if it's worth to continue watching this...

MikeDip

Yes, I decided to see if the 2nd season improved on anything and if it did, I'd stick to it and search the wiki whenever I felt confused by past plot points. I liked 2x01 enough to even watch the last 2 episodes of the 1st season. But yeah, not sure if it's worth to continue watching this...

That's... really dumb.

Go watch season 1

That's... really dumb.

Go watch season 1

I don't think that's dumb at all, people start TV shows in the middle all the time.

One example off the top of my head, I started watching Buffy after watching episodes from seasons 5 and 6 on cable, then going back to the 1st three seasons.

MikeDip

I don't think that's dumb at all, people start TV shows in the middle all the time.

One example off the top of my head, I started watching Buffy after watching episodes from seasons 5 and 6 on cable, then going back to the 1st three seasons.

It's dumb. Don't do that.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So the killer is one of the following

Kieran
Eli
Karen
Maggie
Sheriff Acosta

Everybody else was accounted for.

Angel_DvA

Really good episode, the killing was savage but I'm still waiting for the killer to kill with is knife, doesn't seems right this way but whatever, can't wait for next one.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Sticking with my prediction from Week 1 that the killer is Sheriff Acosta. He didn't want Emma's parents to tell her because that would have messed up the motel trap he set. He probably won't contact anybody from the FBI, he'll just brush it off so he can keep messing with them.

This episode was a return to form. Great to see the show bounce back after the dreadful episode last week. Brooke was hilarious this week, her and Noah make a good pair.

I'm starting to rethink how involved Audrey might have been in the killings last year. She was about to crack Noah's skull open to keep her secret, so now we know how far she's willing to go to keep things on the hush.

Caught the last two episodes there and they were both great. Also think the killer is the Sheriff or Tina. Everything else seems so obvious. Then again Audrey last season was obvious.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I've rewatched the episode today and one thing really stuck out to me...and it's the killer. In the first season the costume and mask looked cool (IMO). But that was kind of it. When people think of their favorite slashers, they think back to Robert Englund, Kane Hodder, Dick Warlock etc...people who brought something to the "role" they were playing. Every slasher villain is a blank nameless slate. Freddy was designed as a knife wielding hulk. But every great villain found an actor who brought something to it. Dane Farwell as Ghostface in Scream 1, 2 and 4 had this edge to him. The knife wiping with the gloved hand. That was not scripted. He came up with that.

Well in the first season this "Ghostface" was kind of bland. Not a "bad" villain but other than sliding a knife on a steel fence while walking towards a victim, it was very...point and shoot. Kind of lifeless. There was no "acting'. No subtle movements. No calling cards. Just...run while holding a knife. A basic job.

But in this season...they took what was kind of a standard slasher villain and gave him/her real personality. And it's pretty damn scary as hell. The kill in the last episode is pure absolute savagery. It made me feel real bad. The way the actor/stuntman moves in every scene with the killer is intimidating and creepy as all hell. I felt the same way during the scythe scene in Ep 1.

Episode 3 was awesome. It pains me to see Audrey at odds with Noah, they're supposed to be BFFs.

One trope that this show is dipping into that I'm not super happy about is how Audrey was totally poker faced through all of season 1 but now that the audience knows she was an accomplice of Piper she's acting way more paranoid and strange to her friends. It's a little cliche, but I'm finding myself not caring because Audrey's the best character anyway.

Joni

Episode 3 was awesome. It pains me to see Audrey at odds with Noah, they're supposed to be BFFs.

One trope that this show is dipping into that I'm not super happy about is how Audrey was totally poker faced through all of season 1 but now that the audience knows she was an accomplice of Piper she's acting way more paranoid and strange to her friends. It's a little cliche, but I'm finding myself not caring because Audrey's the best character anyway.
I think it is because she didn't really get what happened back then, and in the end thought she got away with it. Now she knows someone is out there to get her.

Ithil

Shockingly, this week focused less on Emma and was a step-up in quality. I could derive a mathematical formula from this.

I'm starting to rethink how involved Audrey might have been in the killings last year. She was about to crack Noah's skull open to keep her secret, so now we know how far she's willing to go to keep things on the hush.
Yeah after episode 2 I was thinking that Audrey hadn't actually killed anyone in season 1 and the killer who appeared in the same scene as Piper was the season 2 killer. If Audrey is prepared to bludgeon her best friend to death though, she must have killed someone previously.

Corpekata

Banned
Not really feeling it this season.

I know horror movie characters are dumb but holy shit at the motel guy. You were literally just intimidated into silence about talking about a serial killer's accomplice, and you enter a room coated in plastic, and all you can think is "kinky" ?

The cat needs to be let out of the bag already, all of the death and focus of the killer on Audrey is giving nothing for the rest to do really.

kirblar

Not really feeling it this season.

I know horror movie characters are dumb but holy shit at the motel guy. You were literally just intimidated into silence about talking about a serial killer's accomplice, and you enter a room coated in plastic, and all you can think is "kinky" ?

The cat needs to be let out of the bag already, all of the death and focus of the killer on Audrey is giving nothing for the rest to do really.
They got bumped to 14 eps. They have to space it out more.

strafer

So I thought about Wes Craven and the movies a lot today.

We are clearly not getting a Scream 5 and I doubt the cast wanna return without Wes. I know I wouldnt.

So it got me thinking, what if they reboot it to tie in with the TV Show?

holygeesus

Banned
The sheriff sure does have a strange beat to his behaviour. Can't work out if it is just the actor or more deliberate - I don't recall him being the same in Banshee. He seems to constantly talk the people being threatened, out of filing reports.

Just catched this on Netflix. I should have just watched 5 different horror movies instead.

But as week-to-week thing, I'm sure the experience would be a lot better. Looking forward to this!

Edit: oh its already on? lol

Jerrod

So I thought about Wes Craven and the movies a lot today.

We are clearly not getting a Scream 5 and I doubt the cast wanna return without Wes. I know I wouldnt.

So it got me thinking, what if they reboot it to tie in with the TV Show?
I doubt we ever get another movie, but I hope the show acknowledges the movies at some point. I was hoping Noah or somebody would have made a reference by now along the lines of "this is just like what happened in Woodsboro!" and then just leave it at that.

bitbydeath

I doubt we ever get another movie, but I hope the show acknowledges the movies at some point. I was hoping Noah or somebody would have made a reference by now along the lines of "this is just like what happened in Woodsboro!" and then just leave it at that.

Maybe at the end of the season he can say:
'it looks like we are finally out of the woods bro'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom