• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ScreenJunkies' Andy Signore Accused of Sexual Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
He has the breadth of history to call from for experience. Its only natural that he knows how to stand on the right side of history
Yeah I'm sure he was on the equivalent of the alt-right 900 years ago, but a guy can learn from his mistakes.

CazTGG

Jesus, is no one a good person?

Ian McKellen is one of The Good Ones™.

look-sir-ian-mckellens-sign-at-womens-march-sums-up-message-of-protest-in-trump-era.jpg

Jesus, is no one a good person?

Ultimately folks should form their judgments of who to admire based on the stands they take as opposed to the intersection of the media y'all consume. That way when someone who plays video games/makes internet videos/talks about movies turns out to be a scumbag, you aren't let down quite so hard because in the end, everything else just a lot of internet noise about the shit we buy to fill shelf space and nothing more.

Are all the film industry related cases of harassment that are coming to light recently just a coincidence? Or is there a pattern going on here?

Its just a thousand times easier to corroborate a story about somebody being a creep than it was before. Sayings like "Keep this between us" that Andy kept repeating are slowly losing their effectiveness. Your victims having to see a similar story in a tabloid years later and then finding the proper address or phone number to say, "Hey, he did this to me too" are over. Your exposure is 1 Twitter @ or hashtag away and more victims are slowly starting to realize it.

The Ummah

Banned
Those pictures of the most recent message thread made me genuinely scrunch my face while I was reading it multiple times. Besides the creepy language, which he admitted TWICE he was a fucking creep ass, you have a wife and kid man. What the hell are you doing?

I've been following this thread all day, and it has been an emotional ride. Hope the women affected by his actions feel even a bit of relief having this in the open.

Fuck the HR department too, even though I'm imagining no investigation on any of them.

kmfdmpig

He's a huge Mel Gibson apologist. I mean, he's incredibly indebted to him but still...

I'm not a fan of Mel Gibson, the person, myself, but I can understand why RDJ is. He has a personal connection to Mel, a feeling of debt to him, and a firsthand understanding that someone can seize a chance at redemption and use it to better oneself. I don't think that makes RDJ a bad guy.

I'm not a fan of Mel Gibson, the person, myself, but I can understand why RDJ is. He has a personal connection to Mel, a feeling of debt to him, and a firsthand understanding that someone can seize a chance at redemption and use it to better oneself. I don't think that makes RDJ a bad guy.
Yep

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So get fucked, banned people and their defenders. ;) Lol j/k. I would though. Fuck you, I mean.
.... Sounds familiar

Reading the chat logs, I'm creeped out by the way he talks to women. Like, legit shook. The lols, the smilies, and the "this is our secret" thing. Wow.
As a teenage girl online 2 decades ago (damn I'm old xD) I had my share of such comments. At the time I handwaved them as just dorky/cringy, instead of creepy, because I was young and naive. But yeah, it's an incredibly common creeping tactic.

Seriously?

I could somewhat understand if he was a single, lonely awkward 30-something year old who was just overwhelmingly desperate for sex and attention from women, but he's married with a kid and he's still pulling this? That's pretty messed up.
Are you seriously shocked that married men can be total gross creeps? Do you think only single guys sexually harass/assault women?

Like, how can anyone still associate marital status with degree of creepiness? Guys, come on.

These dudes man.. Smh. There is zero reason to be a creep.

Hit the gym, act normal and women will throw themselves at you.
Read above. The guy was MARRIED

This asshole's move seems to be typing lol after every creepy comment to try and make it sound less creepy. Well it didn't work.
It did work... sort of. Some of the women coming forward have said "I didn't think much of it at the time", and I can definitely relate to that, having received similar comments when I was younger. But, with all the other testimonies and knowing what we know, then yes, you are correct that it (at least, no longer) works, and sure as shit works to make him look pathetic and insufferable.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
this is seriously a shitty thing hearing this news. i really enjoy screen junkies content...but to hear about this...i hope it doesn't travel any further than him, but nobody can be sure

PK Gaming

.... Sounds familiar

Are you seriously shocked that married men can be total gross creeps? Do you think only single guys sexually harass/assault women?

Like, how can anyone still associate marital status with degree of creepiness? Guys, come on.

A little, yeah. Granted, I know that married men can be gross scumbags as well (see Joss Whedon), but not to usually to this degree. His messages read like a desperate guy with warped values who's never made a real emotional connection with another woman before, which obviously isn't the case (or is it?). I guess i'm not used to the overlap.

Well fuck I liked their shit too... Sigh
.... Sounds familiar

As a teenage girl online 2 decades ago (damn I'm old xD) I had my share of such comments. At the time I handwaved them as just dorky/cringy, instead of creepy, because I was young and naive. But yeah, it's an incredibly common creeping tactic.

Read above. The guy was MARRIED

It did work... sort of. Some of the women coming forward have said "I didn't think much of it at the time", and I can definitely relate to that, having received similar comments when I was younger. But, with all the other testimonies and knowing what we know, then yes, you are correct that it (at least, no longer) works, and sure as shit works to make him look pathetic and insufferable.
I hate to admit I was guilty of that kind of shit when I was a teenager on the internet 15 years ago. Pretty disgusted now with my own behavior back then but I learned pretty quickly how awful I was being.
Clearly this asshole did not.

Ultimately folks should form their judgments of who to admire based on the stands they take as opposed to the intersection of the media y'all consume. That way when someone who plays video games/makes internet videos/talks about movies turns out to be a scumbag, you aren't let down quite so hard because in the end, everything else just a lot of internet noise about the shit we buy to fill shelf space and nothing more.
It's why I have no heroes.

So apparently over on reddit it's also getting revealed that Jon Bailey the voice over of the trailers as well was also perpetuated in harassment as well.

So apparently over on reddit it's also getting revealed that Jon Bailey the voice over of the trailers as well was also perpetuated in harassment as well.

I saw that as well. Disappointing if true. He's been trying to distance himself on twitter but in some odd ways. I am slightly skeptical of that post though because as far as I can recall, Jon lives on the other side of the country and records his material remotely. So him being notorious "around the office" seems at odds with that. I could be totally mistaken though.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I saw that as well. Disappointing if true. He's been trying to distance himself on twitter but in some odd ways. I am slightly skeptical of that post though because as far as I can recall, Jon lives on the other side of the country and records his material remotely. So him being notorious "around the office" seems at odds with that. I could be totally mistaken though.

Yeah, he doesn't actually work in the same spot as screen junkies HQ for voice overs and other things he does for them.

Goodstyle

Is it literally just some rando on reddit saying he's "notorious around the office"?

SeanTSC

Man, these emails are gross, really really gross. They remind me of the shitty way that I talked to women online when I was in my late teens and early twenties, at the dawn of MMOs, while being a very sad and lonely person. That kind of shit is not okay and I am so glad that I grew out of it. It's really horrible behavior to treat women like they're a potential fuck first and a human being second. Doubly so if you're married with kids and in any sort of position of power over them, financial or otherwise.

And geez, I've watched Honest Trailers for a long time, but only gotten into watching Movie Fights over the past month or so. I'm not sure that I can keep going back through the archive now without wondering how Andy was treating a woman every time she was on the show and actually being able to sit through an episode.

Stealth Edit: Oh god damn it. I hope not.

Goodstyle

Checked Jon's twitter, his only response to the claims against him is liking a comment someone else made in response saying "well if someone on reddit says so, it must be true".

I'm guessing he's denying it, although someone noted it was a very detailed accusation.

JCG

Checked Jon's twitter, his only response to the claims against him is liking a comment someone else made in response saying "well if someone on reddit says so, it must be true".

I'm guessing he's denying it, although someone noted it was a very detailed accusation.

I think the main difference, at least so far, is that there are multiple and credible personal stories about Signore actually harassing his co-workers and using his power over them in ways that are clearly not appropriate. So far, what I'm hearing about Bailey sounds like a third party saw him saying some sexist things, which apparently do qualify as gross, but exactly what happened would need to be corroborated by those directly affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom