• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scrolls |OT| Mojang's amazing unique TCG, out of beta and an all new low price!

yasu151

Squiddy! I have managed to build the OrderTempo build you recommended. It's a lot of fun for quick rounds, and I find myself playing this for 5-10 min spurts to continue raising gold. Against AI, I can win just about every easy game I play, half of the battles against a medium AI, and maaaaybe 1/5 against hard AI. I mix it up, though still play this deck the most to continue raising gold. I don't much like playing against people, though maybe that'll come with time.

Currently, I'm in the process of building the Necrogeddon deck you recommended. The cards are costly, but I have 38/50 of the cards thus far, and the collection of them makes the gold grind more enjoyable. Though I don't have as much time to game as I'd like, this is almost exclusively what I've played on the tablet for the past 3 weeks.

I love watching netflix in a comfy chair while casually playing through rounds.

The cheapest, competitive deck you can go for at the moment is something like growth aggro, which I believe there's a lot of builds for over at scrolldier.com
They don't use a lot of Rares, tend to be quick, and have a high win percentage.

You should still work towards building decent decks in the other resources, because the meta will inevitably shift against Growth aggro, but for now I'd recommend going growth.

yasu151

I'll definitely give it a look. I'm a slow learner, so it takes awhile for me to learn the in's and out's of how scrolls harmonize. However, it simply enjoy this game. Whether winning or losing, I keep comin' back to it.

Ribbon

I played a ton of this summer 2013 but quit because I was fed up with how powerful Decay was. I originally had a growth order deck but switched to decay to keep up and just grew tired of it. The most fun I had with it was when they were testing totems with 6 or 4 health, those games were quicker and more enjoyable.

rusticdog

Neo Member
The cheapest, competitive deck you can go for at the moment is something like growth aggro, which I believe there's a lot of builds for over at scrolldier.com
They don't use a lot of Rares, tend to be quick, and have a high win percentage.

You should still work towards building decent decks in the other resources, because the meta will inevitably shift against Growth aggro, but for now I'd recommend going growth.

This. With the Daily Trials, an aggressive Growth deck is often the answer for those, as well as many of the regular Trials, so it's something of an early investment. At current Black Market prices you're looking at around 12k to build.

I played a ton of this summer 2013 but quit because I was fed up with how powerful Decay was. I originally had a growth order deck but switched to decay to keep up and just grew tired of it. The most fun I had with it was when they were testing totems with 6 or 4 health, those games were quicker and more enjoyable.
You'll be happy to know that Decay is the weak underdog, and Growth stands on top :p

Card Boy

Banned
The best Humble Bundle is up. Scrolls for $1 or the digital Deluxe for $12!
(plus you get other games)

qiS5BOV.png

VTlrAJC.png

The Scrolls Humble Bundle Deluxe Pack includes two exclusive player avatars. You also get two brand new decks with 50 scrolls each: "The Longnose Brigade," packed with nasty gravelocks, and "Way of the Knight" with a focus on powerful knights.

I finally played this tonight after getting it in the Humble Bundle, and thought it was fun. Is there a reason the thread for it is basically dead? Also are you expected to concede if you start losing? Had someone send me a GG message so I thought he was going to concede but then he attacked and killed three of my creatures. I guess he expected me to give up? I did end up losing the game, but that was after another six or seven turns.

rusticdog

Neo Member
I finally played this tonight after getting it in the Humble Bundle, and thought it was fun. Is there a reason the thread for it is basically dead? Also are you expected to concede if you start losing? Had someone send me a GG message so I thought he was going to concede but then he attacked and killed three of my creatures. I guess he expected me to give up? I did end up losing the game, but that was after another six or seven turns.

When you start losing, no. Plenty of decks have viable comebacks and as you learn the game more you'll figure out when you're done. Even then you don't have to concede, some players do, some don't. 6-7 turns early though isn't what you'll get from most players, it's generally a last turn thing.

As for the thread, not many GAF players I assume, then again not many players full stop. Retention is something the Scrolls team doesn't excel at.

Here's a question for anyone who played the game early, liked it, but hasn't bothered to come back into it

What would it take you to get back in Scrolls ?

yasu151

is this game any good?

I don't see any buzz on the net

I've been playing it for a couple of months, and it's still a go-to game for me. I occasionally go against others in quickmatch, or plunk away at AI on medium or hard. Every day, they post three trials (easy, medium & hard) which award more gold than normal matches, so at the very least you get something refreshing to try your hand against. And, as everyone has stated, I haven't spend any funds beyond the additional purchase. It's quite challenging, and great for either a 10-min match or something longer.

Card Boy

Banned
echoesiscoming_small.png

60 brand new scrolls

With Echoes finally live, you’ll have 60 brand new scrolls to earn and put in your decks. Whether you find them, open an Explorer’s pack, or buy them on the black market, getting up to speed is easier than ever.

Ranked resets

As usual, the release of Echoes means we’ll reset the ranked ladder – but that’s not all! We’ve set it up to automatically reset every two months, hopefully creating an active and dynamic ladder. As with every previous season, the top 25 players receive the special feathered avatar head.

Ranked rewards

We’ve adding special avatar parts that are rewarded at the end of every week to the top 50 people on the ladder – the higher up you are, the more parts you’ll get. Time to show everyone you’re the best.

Custom matches

You can now play matches with custom rules against the AI or your friends. Finding great custom matches created by others is easy, and we’re letting you choose between popular or recent rulesets. Creating new ones is admittedly a little involved – somewhat akin to coding – but we’re certain you’ll create amazing things!

Replays

You can now replay your matches, perhaps revelling in the glory of a recent victory. Better still, you can watch others as they no doubt fail to catch up with you on the ladder. Be aware that for now, replays are only saved for a limited time (around 9 days). Replays follow the same rules as your spectator settings. If you played a match with spectators allowed, that also means that others can replay the match later on.

Gold! Scrolls! Stuff!

Rewards for playing matches are more generous than ever. The gold rewards have been raised significantly, and playing against the AI or in matchmaking multiplayer makes you eligible for random scroll drops.

Wild Judgement

Judgement has truly found its way into the wild. Sacrifices for Wild are now entirely unlocked, meaning you’re free to mix and match your deck from the different factions. We’ve also lowered idol health slightly for a faster, punchier game mode. It’s fun!

More enchantment shininess

After a long and arduous journey, we’ve finally arrived where we always meant to be: At a place where enchantments are clearly visible regardless of the battle background. Huzzah!

New preconstructed decks

We’re adding two new preconstructed decks to the store. There’s a lot of them by now.

Lots of good changes coming to Scrolls. Coming June 9th.

rusticdog

Neo Member
A lot of the new scrolls are already below store price in the black market, though I'd expect that to balance out soon....the gold reward increases are pretty massive as well.

Judgement is...different...I'm losing more than winning right now, but then the reward lift helps. Having access to Wild at all times changes a lot though, I'm taking a lot more time in my turns trying to figure things out :)

rusticdog

Neo Member
So no new development after the last set just released, just balance patches, then sounds like servers being unplugged in a year.
https://scrolls.com/2015/06/its-been-a-blast-automaton

There's so many DCGs out there now it was always going to consolidate. Shame Scrolls is one of them, as that really had some flavour the others don't

Hi everyone,

After much deliberation, we’ve come to an important decision that we’d like to share: Echoes will be the last major content patch for Scrolls. We won’t be adding features or sets from now on, though we are planning to keep a close eye on game balance.

Scrolls will still be available to purchase for the time being, and our servers will run until at least July 1st, 2016. All future proceeds will go towards keeping Scrolls playable for as long as possible.

The launch of the Scrolls beta was a great success. Tens of thousands of players battled daily, and many of them remain active today. Unfortunately, the game has reached a point where it can no longer sustain continuous development.

We’ve had a great time working on Scrolls, and appreciate every last player who’s downloaded our game. Extra big thanks to the most dedicated members of our community; some of you have logged in almost every day since release and dedicated a large portion of your time to dominating the leaderboards and taking care of new players. We salute you, honourable scrolldiers.

We will do our best to answer any questions you might have on the standard channels.

Thanks for reading, everybody.

The Scrolls team <3

Card Boy

Banned
Not sure if the game is shutting down in 2 weeks but here is a key if anyone wants to try it. It is an amazing TCG and one that shall be missed. It should of being F2P from the get go and Hearthstone killed this game as soon as it was announced after Scrolls.

edit: key taken

Top Bottom