• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seagate 160GB Barracuda Hard Drive for $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that I have a 160GB in my system already that's not full, and another 200GB in there that I data hasn't even touched. I wonder if I should wait... I'll definitly consider it.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I still have over 100G's free on my current HD's... man I wish I had a use for this, great deal.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
Wasn't there a 200gb one earlier a couple of months ago? That was a far greater deal.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
nemo_seagull.gif

Just a small note, if you own a Tivo, these drives are absolutely perfect for them as they are highly recommended among Tivo owners. They extremely quiet and reliable. Great time to upgrade your Tivo for really cheap.

Marty Chinn said:
Just a small note, if you own a Tivo, these drives are absolutely perfect for them as they are highly recommended among Tivo owners. They extremely quiet and reliable. Great time to upgrade your Tivo for really cheap.

Why are they quiet? Is it just the fact that seagate makes a quiet harddrive or something?

Wow, what a great deal. Hmm, I'm using a laptop only and could use an extra HD. Anyone here ever use an enclosure? Thinking of taking advantage of this but I'm a little uneasy about the process of converting the drive to an external one...

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Mercury Fred said:
Wow, what a great deal. Hmm, I'm using a laptop only and could use an extra HD. Anyone here ever use an enclosure? Thinking of taking advantage of this but I'm a little uneasy about the process of converting the drive to an external one...

this is exactly what im doing..

im taking a maya class and thus need to constantly bring large files to the lab..

this plus a 20-30 enclosure is a great deal.. ive never done it though.

im thinking about this one:: http://www.dealsonic.com/plpmcousb20f.html

seems to have everything i need::

EMI Shield
FireWire
USB 2.0
Ball Bearing Fan
AntiShock

.. ive never heard of the brand though. :/

Ecrofirt

Everyone's sure this rebate'll take, right?

I'm looking for a HD to put in my Xbox, and this deal is too good to pass up.

Ecrofirt

Buddy, you've got to mail out the invoice for the rebate to work, right?

Does the invoice come with the package, or is it one of the order confirmation pages that'll be online when I buy it?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Ecrofirt said:
OK. I'm always so wary of these rebates. I'm afraid I'll get fucked over big time.

Even if the rebate somehow never came in, you still got a really good, quite hard drive for about $100 bucks. Definately not the end of the world...

Cloudy

Banned
WTF! On top of the awesome rebate they shipped it overnight even though I chose ground. Awesome is Outpost/Frys!!! :D

3phemeral

Wow, I had trouble with my first payment method and clairfied it on the 13th. Chose cheap ground shipping and it arrived on the 14th -- just enough time to fill out the rebate at get it post marked by the same day.

Cloudy

Banned
I would think you just have to have bought it between the specified dates. You have until 11/14 to post the rebate request though...

somnific

i ordered mine on wednesday and it arrived earlier this morning! very nice.

no need to rush on the rebate (although i've already mailed mine out) as the rebate only needs to be postmarked by 11/14/04. sooner the better though - these are the kind of things that always slip through the cracks ;)

3phemeral

Ah, I didn't realize it was 11/14, I read 10/14... the sooner, the better, though.... I need some money to replace the money I lost and that stupid overdraft fee. Thought I had more money in my account than I remembr :p Do'h!

Does anyone happen to have the old rebate form cached?

I ordered one of these a couple weeks ago, and the rebate form they posted NOW says it's only valid on orders made from 10/29 and later.

Fucking bait and switch (yeah, I know it's not the same thing, or even close, but I'm still calling it that)...

Cloudy

Banned
We just wanted to let you know we have received your rebate submission for a $50 Mail in Rebate with Purchase of Seagate 160GB ATA Hard Drive from Fry's Electronics or Outpost.com.

Your rebate tracking number is: xxxxxxxxx

To check your rebate status just click on

http://www.seagaterebates.com/promocenter/seagate/track.html

Please be sure to keep a copy of your tracking number for future reference.

Thank you for your purchase. We look forward to serving you again.

Sincerely,
Seagate

:D

alejob

I so want to get this, but I don't need the HD right now.
I just have my laptop. But I do plan to built a PC early next year. And I might use it for the HDLoader but I'm not sure. I'dont have a lot of money to spend either.

muncheese said:
Mister Zimbu - Hit me up on AIM, I got it. Screenname - muncheese

Just to let you know- I added you to my list a few hours ago and you haven't been logged on. I know not everyone stays on AIM 24/7-- just want to make sure nothing's wrong.

Justin85

Has anyone received their rebate yet? I got the confirmation on November 8th, but so far no rebate. Also, their rebate status site seems to be down.

Dang it, Fry's currently has a $50 rebate on the SATA hard drive I just ordered from Newegg (my hard drive crashed during the weekend), expires today though.

Oh wells...then again I'm not too thrilled on dealing with rebates for the most part...the OEM bare drive I got is at least still cheaper than Fry's retail =P

Ecrofirt

wtf, did anyone get their rebate?

I just checked the site today, and seagate says my rebate was invalid.

I did everything right. fucking cocksuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom