• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Spicer resigns as White House Press Secretary

Tugatrix

giphy.gif

Goodbye, you made this administration somehow more tolerable, now no more funny press conferences

like hes still sean spicer but damn think about this guy right now.

took untold amounts of shit from the press for months, months. constantly was ON message only to have the president throw their messaging out the window and create another nightmare conference for spicer.

so trump sees Scaramucci on TV, his pal, defending him and likes it. now this guy is what, spicers boss? after all the shit spicer has gone through, trump hires some dude he just liked the look of on TV

loooooooooooooooooooool

Future

The book could be worth seven figures and Trump would have zero case. What's the point of working for Trump if you're not going to profit off of it.

You've seen movies. Powerful people shut people up. There would be consequences and let's face it, spicer has no balls.

You need a Bernie like old man that's forgotten about giving a fuck to risk this.

I like how this, and not the series of embarrassing lies the president has made him tell ever since assuming office, is what pushed him over the edge.

It could be there is no beef, just a convenient excuse to bounce when the opportunity presented itself.

Yeah, death by a thousand cuts. He was waiting for that "one more thing" to jump ship on. Fuck him, though. You support Trump, you're a monster. You don't get to wash your hands of it.

Rence Preibus was totally against the hiring of anthony scaramucci

Would not be surprised if he hands him a letter of resignation within the next 30 days

Iolo

Trump has been wanting to get rid of Spicer and Priebus for months imo, but he doesn't have the guts to fire anyone ... hiring Scaramucci is the perfect way around this: hire a guy instead!

KoopaTheCasual

I like how this, and not the series of embarrassing lies the president has made him tell ever since assuming office, is what pushed him over the edge.
This is my takeaway. Career seeking until the bitter end. None of the moral concerns phased Spicer but take away my potential promotion, "I'm furious."

Get fucked, Spicer.

Horns

After a 10 million dollar tell-all book deal.... probably not

Pretty sure everyone working for the Trump administration had to sign NDAs. I wouldnt be expecting a book with insider stories. All except Trump probably had to sign one.

Toxi

Banned
Yeah, honestly good for him. He's been getting ridiculed for a lot of stuff that he has no control over really. Now hes had enough and hes OUT.
No control over? He took the job. He was presumably getting paid a hefty amount for it. He spent time trying to defend the indefensible.

Spicer making one good decision this year doesn't erase the rest.

Tovarisc

Trump has been wanting to get rid of Spicer and Priebus for months imo, but he doesn't have the guts to fire anyone ... hiring Scaramucci is the perfect way around this: hire a guy instead!

It can also become problem for Trump if he fires them and they have any knowledge about shit that went down 2016 or can point people like Mueller to right direction. He can't afford to lose his closest people because of that risk.

------

jHeA5aR.png

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/888434893855830017

I think this and also Spicer being told to go out and say one thing in front of the press as being the president's stance on things and then be completely contradicted by a tweet five minutes later to make him look like a liar.

Top Bottom