• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sears, Kmart drop 31 Trump Home items from their online shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exile20

Major U.S. retailers Sears and Kmart this week removed 31 Trump Home items from their online product offerings to focus on more profitable items, a spokesman said on Saturday.

The decision follows retailer Nordstrom Inc's announcement this week it had decided to stop carrying Ivanka Trump's apparel because of declining sales, prompting President Donald Trump to take to Twitter to defend his daughter. White House spokesman Sean Spicer characterized the Nordstrom move as a "direct attack" on the president's policies.

Neither Sears nor Kmart carried the Trump Home products in their retail stores, a Sears Holdings Corp spokesman said. Kmart is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings.

The Trump Home collection includes lines of furniture, lighting, bedding, mirrors and chandeliers, some from makers who supply the items to Trump hotels, according to the collection's website.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-se...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Maybe the Trump brand is taking a hard hit? People are speaking with their money.

Great news but he would just invite more delegates to his golf clubs etc and make a shitload of profit that way . Either way he will leave office a lot richer then when he left .

Chumly

I probably wouldn't use sears and Kmart as a barometer of whether or not something is selling...... just saying...

Incoming Twitter rant in 3...2....1...That being said, I'm still kind of amazed Kmart and Sears are actually still in business in 2017, especially K-Mart, which is like Walmart's red headed second cousin who nobody talks about because he sells meth and bicycles and can't stay out of jail.

Nobility

Banned
Sears is dying anyway
in Canada

I'm sure we'll see a tweet from a powerful Twitter account confirming that.

Great news but he would just invite more delegates to his golf clubs etc and make a shitload of profit that way . Either way he will leave office a lot richer then when he left .
You're probably right but there's no reason we cant enjoy the small victories. Like every time he gets mad and flustered on Twitter.

Onaco

Shit now I have to go out of my way to find a Kmart. Last I was in there they tried locking up DVDs behind glass counter cases because they eliminated everything from their electronics department worth actual value.

RS4-

I didn't even know there was a Trump Home collection.

You don't fit the racist white demographic.

Don't think I've actually stepped into Sears with all the time I've spent on the US. Kmart on the other hand, last time I've been inside one, was when Diablo came out lol.

FyreWulff

IIRC Kmart/Sears has trouble getting most toy companies to send them anything for fear the freight will just end up in the hands of a liquidator

Sears owns Kmart?

From a 2004 Motley Fool article:

While one analyst has likened the merger to tying two drunks together in hopes they'll be able to walk a straight line, the general view is that the new company will be a stronger competitor to take on the likes of Target and Wal-Mart.

rmt92

Technically Kmart bought Sears.

It's also run by some dumbass libertarian that is pretty much just using KmartSears as a hedge fund.

Sears Holdings Company is a giant piece of shit and yes I'm fucking salty as shit. I worked for that company for nearly 4 years. I worked at a Kmart and they treat their store level managers like shit and it certainly falls down the ladder. It is not a good atmosphere. They pump no money into their stores but seemingly expect Target level sales and performance from their employees.

Not to mention I was paid 7.25 for 3.5 years before I finally threatened to quit and was given a glorious 50 cent raise.

Not longer after I was HIRED at 9.50 at target with way less responsibility.

I was just in a K-Mart not too long ago after having never been to one for like a decade. It was like taking a time machine back to the 90s.

Armaros

Sears Holdings Company is a giant piece of shit and yes I'm fucking salty as shit. I worked for that company for nearly 4 years. I worked at a Kmart and they treat their store level managers like shit and it certainly falls down the ladder. It is not a good atmosphere. They pump no money into their stores but seemingly expect Target level sales and performance from their employees.

Not to mention I was paid 7.25 for 3.5 years before I finally threatened to quit and was given a glorious 50 cent raise.

Not longer after I was HIRED at 9.50 at target with way less responsibility.

What happens when the CEO is the biggest shareholder and has delusions of grandeur of making Sears the next Amazon while siphoning as much shareholder money for himself.

(also has zero background in running Retail)

Hollycat

I haven't seen a Kmart since 2001. And the last time I was in a sears the place looked like a 99c store.

I thought trumps ties and stuff were expensive

FyreWulff

I haven't seen a Kmart since 2001. And the last time I was in a sears the place looked like a 99c store.

I thought trumps ties and stuff were expensive

We have one down here in South Omaha. It's like stepping into a time portal back to the 90s.

And we have no idea how it keeps getting spared when they announce closed stores.

No one wants to buy that shit. Let his supporters use their dollars to hold up his business. Maybe if Trump hides his merch in a storage garage his supporters might bid in it.

I was just in a K-Mart not too long ago after having never been to one for like a decade. It was like taking a time machine back to the 90s.

My Kmart closed years ago, dunno how well the Sears is doing

b47.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom