• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Secret' Wii pages found; WiiMusic = WiiParty and FE-artwork

Xrenity

Seems like Nintendo has been holding out on us. Reader DakotaTrotter599 was doing some snooping round the official Nintendo website for the Wii, and made some pretty interesting finds. There are not one, not two, but three hidden pages to find at the official Wii site. I went to the site myself to double check, and the pages DakotaTrotter599 sent in are not clickable selections on the current site.

First up is an alternate Wii Software page, this one including Fire Emblem Wii and Wii Music placeholders. Next is a page for the Wii Wi-fi which offers some information on the service. Last, there is a link at the top of the Wii Wi-fi page for a Virtual Console page, but the link is currently inactive. Some really nice detective work done here! While most of the info has been seen before, I never knew these pages existed. Hopefully these are new to you guys as well!
http://gonintendo.com/?p=3797

http://wii.nintendo.com/games.html
http://wii.nintendo.com/wifi.html
fea_gamepg_fire.png

The WiFi page also seems to be calling SSBB 'Super Smash Bros. Dojo'.

GAF-detectives, can you find more secret pages on this site on the interweb!?

Amir0x

Banned
Xrenity said:

Nintendo said:
Nintendo has your online safety in mind. Thanks to our unique Friend Code system, you can control whom you play with online. Playing online is a great way to connect and reconnect people you want to play games with!

Unique in its ability to be shitty and horrendous, you dumb ****s! Arrrgh.

Xrenity said:

Ah yes, yes... Fire Emblem Wii... yes, that soothes the soul and calms... all is well in the world again...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Fire Emblem PoR is so frustratingly difficult to beat without losing any characters.

Bah.

Bo130

According to the information I got, it is. It's one of the two main characters, the other being Sothe,

4202.jpg

^^still old artwork, I know

EDIT: And yes, the Wi-Fi page has been taken down.

Amir0x said:
Unique in its ability to be shitty and horrendous, you dumb ****s! Arrrgh.

Ah yes, yes... Fire Emblem Wii... yes, that soothes the soul and calms... all is well in the world again...

Its okay Ami, I know lots of people who are e-mailing NOA to stop them from using shitty friend codes in Smash Bros. Brawl. We should start a campaign.

WiFi page talks about Friend Codes. Hopefully this time it's one per username, rather than individual ones per game. Wouldn't it be interesting though if the Wii Remote did work as a camera of sorts, and could just scan in the UPC on the back of the game package? Insta-friend codes!

Amir0x

Banned
Bo130 said:

I still see it. For those that can't see it, here was the text:

BE CONNECTED

From your living room to the world, the built in Wi-Fi capabilities of Wii let you play games against friends and family around the world! If you have a wireless broadband connection, Wii is ready to connect right out of the box. And best of all, it's free to connect via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and take on all comers!

HOW IT WORKS

The ability to play games online is built into Wii. All you need is a broadband Internet connection and a wireless router. After you follow an intuitive setup process, you'll be ready to play games online in no time.

FREE

Nintendo does not charge a fee for people to play via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, Nintendo's online service. Just put a game into the system and connect. Soon you'll play against your friends around the world!

FUN

Join the Nintendo worldwide community! Play the coolest titles around with gamers from around the world via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Whether you're thrashing with your friends in Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam or hammering the competition in Smash Bros. Dojo, Wii opens up a world of fun through online play!

SAFE

Nintendo has your online safety in mind. Thanks to our unique Friend Code system, you can control whom you play with online. Playing online is a great way to connect and reconnect people you want to play games with!

TheKingsCrown said:
Its okay Ami, I know lots of people who are e-mailing NOA to stop them from using shitty friend codes in Smash Bros. Brawl. We should start a campaign.

I must just focus on the potentially amazing single player games to keep my mind off this service :(

ethelred

Bo130 said:
According to the information I got, it is. It's one of the two main characters, the other being Sothe,

http://n-touch.dk/images/spilarkiv/10390/artwork/4202.jpg

Yeah, I know the one character is Sothe, but the girl barely resembles Ilyana and her eye color is completely different. I seriously doubt it's her, and I haven't seen any ofificial information to suggest that it is.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm new to this world of eternal anguish. What do we mean by friend codes? Is it the Wii version of the DS friend codes?

Amir0x

Banned
TheTrin said:
I'm new to this world of eternal anguish. What do we mean by friend codes? Is it the Wii version of the DS friend codes?

That's what Nintendo keeps suggesting, saying it will be "just like DS" with the friend codes... but I'm sure (god I'm hoping to death) there's more to this system that makes it easier and less of a disgusting barrier to an enjoyable online experience.

oh ffs friend codes. We all knew it was going to happen but it's still fupping retarded on Nintendo's part. NOBODY LIKES THEM NOBODY ARGH!

John Harker

BE CONNECTED

From your living room to the world, the built in Wi-Fi capabilities of Wii let you play games against friends and family around the world! If you have a wireless broadband connection, Wii is ready to connect right out of the box. And best of all, it's free to connect via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and take on all comers!

HOW IT WORKS

The ability to play games online is built into Wii. All you need is a broadband Internet connection and a wireless router. After you follow an intuitive setup process, you'll be ready to play games online in no time.

FREE

Nintendo does not charge a fee for people to play via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, Nintendo's online service. Just put a game into the system and connect. Soon you'll play against your friends around the world!

FUN

Join the Nintendo worldwide community! Play the coolest titles around with gamers from around the world via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Whether you're thrashing with your friends in Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam or hammering the competition in Smash Bros. Dojo, Wii opens up a world of fun through online play!

SAFE

So does this confirm that Tony Hawk: DHJ will launch with free online play?
Thats the firstr game that had mention of online play at launch, no?

I bet this was taken down beacuse of SSBB - since it may "not" be online now.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
John Harker said:
So does this confirm that Tony Hawk: DHJ will launch with free online play?
Thats the firstr game that had mention of online play at launch, no?

I bet this was taken down beacuse of SSBB - since it may "not" be online now.
?

threeball

Banned
**** friend codes. I am serious.

I would like to be able to play all game modes and however the **** I want to online without them. Example: Metroid Prime: Hunters. I want to be able to play Prime Hunter mode without having to log onto a ****ing message board or chat room each time I want to play it. Sure, there is a random opponent option, but its very limited. The random opponent option should have all the features the friend code options do.

Nintendo needs to realize that the internet will NEVER be safe. No matter what they do. They are being WAYYYYYY too conservative here, and I think that is going to hurt them in the long run. The number of Wi-Fi Nintendo games I own is 4, and the number of Wi-Fi Nintendo games I continue to play is 0 because their online sucks.

All they need to do is put a disclaimer on the game package and in the game and they are fine and don't have to worry. If some 12 year old little boy ends up getting kidnapped by some pedophile, than its the boy's fault for being such a dumbass to tell the pedophile is personal information.

Nintendo needs to get it in their heads- this isn't how online gaming works.

Amir0x

Banned
threeball said:
If some 12 year old little boy ends up getting kidnapped by some pedophile, than its the boy's fault for being such a dumbass to tell the pedophile is personal information.

you're totally right, but it's funny how you wrote this

I can imagine the press conference for the missing boy after the amber alert went out. "You guys, don't look too hard for that boy... he's a total ****ing dumbass for giving the pedophile his personal information." :lol

threeball

Banned
I've been a Nintendo fan all my love but there are too many times you got to wonder what the **** they are thinking.

Watch SSB:Brawl be nerfed by only 2 players online, or not implementing the inevitable 8 player local support. SSB is big enough now to be able to include 8 player battles. and it should have been included in Melee. It could handle 6 easily(wire frames).

Watch Pokemon Diamond/Pearl be screwed over heavily by friend codes, and the random battle option suck ass. 3 on 3, any pokemon goes, no sleep clause! Therefore you would face nothing but 3 Mewtwo teams and the like.

Star Fox Command has the potential to be the best Wi-Fi game to date, but lets just hope they don't include something cheap and boring that it makes the game a dozer to play. Example: Snaking in Mario Kart, and Alt Form Health Pickup in Hunters.

Those are just some examples of how I am expecting to be let down.

Jiggy

threeball said:
Watch Pokemon Diamond/Pearl be screwed over heavily by friend codes, and the random battle option suck ass. 3 on 3, any pokemon goes, no sleep clause! Therefore you would face nothing but 3 Mewtwo teams and the like.
Nintendo's Pokemon tournament standard has always been no legendaries (above the level of the birds, etc.), no two of the same Pokemon, no two of the same held item, sleep clause on, no Selfdestruct or Explosion as last move. I somehow don't see that changing.

Pellham

Banned
Bo130 said:

4202.jpg

The characters' names have not been announced officially anywhere. Some fansite just assumed who they were.

AndoCalrissian said:
WiFi page talks about Friend Codes. Hopefully this time it's one per username, rather than individual ones per game. Wouldn't it be interesting though if the Wii Remote did work as a camera of sorts, and could just scan in the UPC on the back of the game package? Insta-friend codes!

UPC codes do not vary among multiple copies of the same product.

I still don't see why They can't just force underage users to use friend codes and let the adults be rid of them...

Super Smash Bros Dojo refers to their website for the game apparently:

title.jpg

Zeed

Banned
They really need to make friend codes bind with the system hardware, rather than the needlessly complicated and very horrendous "different friend code for every game LOL" system. That's all I ask.

Pellham said:
I won't believe it until IS comes out and announces it. Until then you guys can keep assuming all you want. :)
I'll wager a ban with you that that is Sothe. You up for it?

John Harker said:
Why do people want that to be Sothe so bad?

What does he do, he sucks anyway.
I'm pretty sure IS always deliberately neuter the character that will become the hero of the next (plot-wise) FE game.

Pellham

Banned
Zyid said:
Come on Pellham, put your account where your mouth is.

:lol What is with you people? Just accept the fact that the characters' names haven't been officially announced yet.

Zeed

Banned
Pellham said:
:lol What is with you people? Just accept the fact that the characters' names haven't been officially announced yet.
Are you going to accept the wager, or are you just here to troll?

John Harker

Mr. Pointy said:
I'm pretty sure IS always deliberately neuter the character that will become the hero of the next (plot-wise) FE game.

Ahh, alright. PoR is the only one I've played - and I haven't beaten it yet. Its damn hard to play through without losing a character.

I have Sothe though - and I can't see a reason to use him over Volke anyway. And he doesn't seem like he's very intergal, plot-wise

Top Bottom