• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Secret' Wii pages found; WiiMusic = WiiParty and FE-artwork

John Harker said:
Ahh, alright. PoR is the only one I've played - and I haven't beaten it yet. Its damn hard to play through without losing a character.

I have Sothe though - and I can't see a reason to use him over Volke anyway. And he doesn't seem like he's very intergal, plot-wise
Yeah, you pretty much never have to use him. Even if you use him and he dies, he simply runs away (making it likely IS planned FEWii's basic story out beforehand). I do want to run through the game where I unlock all his supports, though, as I'm betting IS put a bunch of foreshadowing in there.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I thought Nintendo Power confirmed that the dude was Sothe and that fire emblem wii is the sequel to path of radiance.

So... do you think Ike will get to fight the Black Knight in FEWii again or
will he and Nasir be under a pile of rubble
?

Pellham

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
Yeah, you pretty much never have to use him. Even if you use him and he dies, he simply runs away (making it likely IS planned FEWii's basic story out beforehand). I do want to run through the game where I unlock all his supports, though, as I'm betting IS put a bunch of foreshadowing in there.

What happens when Ilyana dies? (I've never bothered to kill her off and my GC power adapter is missing right now, so I can't play the game)

So... do you think Ike will get to fight the Black Knight in FEWii again or will he and Nasir be under a pile of rubble?

Obviously too early to speculate since all we have is 2 pieces of artwork, but my sincere hope is that Ike is not even in the game, and if he is, he just appears in cut-scenes.

Neomoto

So why does the link for Wii Music say Wii Party? Maybe they'll have another compilation under wraps? Some minigames, pool, darts etc maybe? Doesn't sound bad actually :) Even if my examples are not in the game they can do a lot off stuff with "Wii Party" and it would make sence considering the directing that Nintendo is pushing with the Wii

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
There are a bunch of compilations being considered.

WiiShooting
Duck Hunt, Cloud Shooting, *Hogans Alley?, *Gumshoe?

WiiParty
Remote Maze, *Roll-O-Rama?

WiiSports
Tennis, Baseball, Golf, *Ping Pong

WiiExtremeSports
Pilotwings, *WaveRace, *Excitebike

WiiMusic
Conductor, Drummer, Guitar,

We will see what happens

bachikarn

Shikamaru Ninja said:

WiiShooting

WiiParty

WiiSports

WiiExtremeSports

WiiMusic

We will see what happens

What do the *'s mean?

Emotions

Shikamaru Ninja said:

WiiShooting

WiiParty

WiiSports

WiiExtremeSports

WiiMusic

We will see what happens

I'd rather get Pilotwings, Waverace and Excitebike as full fledged games with tons of options. I'm afraid if they put them in these ExtremeSports package they will be dumbed down versions (lacking features).
I don't want them to fall into the Wiisports simplicity (not that they're bad or something) but they should separate them and make new games with the concepts. I would have said the same if they made Mario Golf, Tennis and Baseball into Wiisports.

Rocked

Just because it mentions friend codes, it doesn't mean it'll be exactly the same system as the DS. It could still have friends lists and things.

KINGMOKU

I refuse to believe this information on friend codes for the Wii. It is not real, just a ruse for the real online network.

Damn it.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I think if they really want to keep friend codes for the non-gamers, they should at least make a better way for gamers to play online. At least make it so gamers who buy all these online games can make a normal tag and maybe let them tie their friend codes to it so that all we need to remember to get connected with each other is that one tag.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
For those who yet doubs about if he's Sothe:

Original:

%5Bmedium%5D%5BAnimePaper%5Dscans_Fire-Emblem_darkctt_20715.jpg

Sothe artwork from Fire Emblem Wii:

fire-emblem-20060509002122577.jpg

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
If it is friends codes for just one system or per user on one system then its ok, It just like entering a really big gamertag.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Nintendo isnt going to have any first party online games at launch, are they?

Hey Ninty... if you don't support it... NO ONE WILL.

Well, except Activison. Tony Hawk to be the only online mutliplayer at launch?

Nester

I wouldn't mind one central system specific ID and then friend codes for each individual game. At least then I could see what my friends are playing and join them rather than guessing and popping in a game hoping someone is playing it.

Wollan

VOOK said:
If it is friends codes for just one system or per user on one system then its ok, It just like entering a really big gamertag.

If that's the case I don't see the point of using codes at all. Sure, it makes it harder for people to try to add you to their friendlist but instead of complex codes we could just have a request yes/no sent. I have a feeling it's for each game or else it's totally useless..
(This also means you can't resell online titles, or atleast the code will be assigned to your account)

Nintendo.. /golfclap :|

Amir0x

Banned
John Harker said:
Nintendo isnt going to have any first party online games at launch, are they?

Hey Ninty... if you don't support it... NO ONE WILL.

Well, except Activison. Tony Hawk to be the only online mutliplayer at launch?

Heh, you think we know everything about the launch titles? I bet you anything they'll be some online parts of a few of their launch titles.

Beezy

Amir0x said:
Heh, you think we know everything about the launch titles? I bet you anything they'll be some online parts of a few of their launch titles.

Didn't they already say that Twilight Princess has some type of online shit?

ethelred

Pellham said:
They're wearing similar clothes and have the same hair color but the similiarities end there.

They're wearing similar clothes and have the same hair color and have identical hair styles and have identical facial structures and eye color and are both posed in a similar stance and are both very clearly the same class / using the same weapon.

But there aren't many similarities! :lol

Sorry, Pellham, but everyone knows it's Sothe and you know it is, too, you just don't want to accept it. But that's okay, enjoy your few remaining months of Sothe-free dreaming. :)

I know you're reading this thread Nintendo, so read this: ONE FRIENDS CODE FOR ALL, OR NO FRIENDS CODES AT ALL, I AM THE MAJORITY, TREMBLE BEFORE ME

Zeed

Banned
Pellham said:
They're wearing similar clothes and have the same hair color but the similiarities end there.
Then put your account on the table.

I'm fully willing to bet you a permaban that that is Sothe.

You're pretty obviously just playing devil's advocate here to provoke reactions. If you actually believed what you say, you'd be willing to back your words up with action.

Amir0x

Banned
Beezy said:
Didn't they already say that Twilight Princess has some type of online shit?

They said they are looking into this in EGM, not that they settled on it. Of course, I think this year long delay has probably given them a lot of time to implement interesting ideas for the Wii version.

Error

brandonh83 said:
Never played Fire Emblem... guess it's time to change this.
you better

the series rox! btw it's a SRPG series tho. dunno if you like those.

Error2k4 said:
you better

the series rox! btw it's a SRPG series tho. dunno if you like those.

If the presentation is good enough, I could probably enjoy it. The only real SRPG I've ever loved was FF Tactics though.

Error

brandonh83 said:
If the presentation is good enough, I could probably enjoy it. The only real SRPG I've ever loved was FF Tactics though.
presentation is ****ing awesome, battles are lot more fast paced than fft, has a kickass soundtrack, great characters, very good storyline tho it kinds of leave some questions unanswered. graphics are a little dated tho.

totally worth it. go buy it!

Amir0x

Banned
i think the presentation and graphics are definitely on the meh side, but the gameplay is so ****ing great that it manages to overcome issues like these, which is no small feat. These are quality top-of-the-line games here. Avoiding them does you a disservice imo. good to see you willing to give it a chance!

Zeed

Banned
brandonh83 said:
FE presentation is usually superb for a GBA game - FE7 (known here as plain Fire Emblem) especially was loaded with awesome artworks to depict significant scenes. Animation for the GBA games are always fantastic. The storylines are engaging and all of the many characters are thoroughly fleshed out, if you work to get their support conversations.

I always thought the greatest thing about Fire Emblem is how significant and unique they manage to make each and every unit. You're not commanding a faceless mob, but a massive army with dozens upon dozens of individual characters with their own stories, personalities, and interactions with each other. That, plus the permadeath feature, makes you really value them all like no other game manages to do.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
brandonh83 said:
Never played Fire Emblem... guess it's time to change this.
Do it if you like SRPGs. I was hesitant to try Fire Emblem but once I did I became an instafanboy of the series. So damn good.

brandonh83 said:
See now that sounds good enough. Can I start with Path of Radiance?
I'd start with Sacred Stones personally since it seems to be the most beginner friendly.

I've always been slightly interested in the franchise. I do remember watching a couple of videos of the Gamecube one on IGN and it looked cool enough. I may give one of them a shot after my classes end for the summer next week.

Error

brandonh83 said:
See now that sounds good enough. Can I start with Path of Radiance?
I say yeah, the gba FE are great don't get me wrong.

but FE PoR is a lot better has a lot things I really liked, like the exp pool for example also not needing special items to promote your units.

Error

brandonh83 said:
I need more Cube games anyway. Last one I got was Pikmin 2 about a month ago.
some said the game was at 4 dollars in CompUSA maybe you should check out there.

Zeed

Banned
Error2k4 said:
some said the game was at 4 dollars in CompUSA maybe you should check out there.
WTF.

WTF.

You ****ing kidding? Fire Emblem Path of Radiance is 4 dollars at CompUSA???

AWO4AIHYMJ3AIHBJMRTN

Zeed

Banned
FOUND ONE! BUT THEY'RE NOT OPEN AT 2:30 AM!!!

AAAAARGH!

Okay that's it I'm gonna go sleep in front of CompUSA. See you guys!

Top Bottom