• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seems like Xbox One Early Adopters will get LIMBO for free

Just finished downloading. Never played it on 360 or PS3 and I wasn't expecting anything for free for buying the system at launch so it's a nice bonus.

Bit miffed tbh. I bought an Xbox One about a week after launch and I haven't received a code. I'm signed up for all the marketing emails and got my 'how you did on Live' email for the first year. Got my 'Thanks for playing year 1!' email but no copy of Limbo :'(

Really wanted to play that too..

Kampfheld

Banned
Interesting choice....should have been something newer like Ori, but oh well.
I think I even stated this before, but comments like this really make me sad from a developers perspective. I really know I am very alone with this opinion (and this is okay) but all these PSN+, XBL GwG etc. freebies had a massively bad influence on the appreciation of games or especially indie games in gaming communities. Take Ori as an example. An epic project by some of my friends over at Moon. So much love and efforts has been put into this over the last 4 (!!) years. It's just incredible to see all this work coming together, resulting in a vibrant world and story. I feel callouts like these just don't take this into account. Free games are great. I totally understand that. But if we come to a point with statements like yours or "I will wait until this is free on PSN+", then this industry or its consumers made something wrong.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I think I even stated this before, but comments like this really make me sad from a developers perspective. I really know I am very alone with this opinion (and this is okay) but all these PSN+, XBL GwG etc. freebies had a massively bad influence on the appreciation of games or especially indie games in gaming communities. Take Ori as an example. An epic project by some of my friends over at Moon. So much love and efforts has been put into this over the last 4 years. It's just incredible to see all this work coming together, resulting in a vibrant world and story. I feel callouts like these just don't take this into account. Free games are great. I totally understand that. But if we come to a point with statements like yours or "I will wait until this is free on PSN+", then this industry or its consumers made something wrong.

Nothing in my comment suggests that I do not appreciate Limbo as a game. I just think that MS should be rewarding the early adopters with something new that no one has had a chance to play, outside of shows/demonstrations.

I am in no way saying anyone should hold off on buying Ori, but if you want to take offense at saying MS should offer something new then have at it. I am not talking crap about developers.

MrBenchmark

I have my launch day one unit with day one achievement and my sons I got him at Xmas last year and all I got was backgrounds and a rental of Halo forward onto dawn which I own on Blu-ray:(

Edit just got my limbo code :)

Kampfheld

Banned
Nothing in my comment suggests that I do not appreciate Limbo as a game. I just think that MS should be rewarding the early adopters with something new that no one has had a chance to play, outside of shows/demonstrations.

I am in no way saying anyone should hold off on buying Ori, but if you want to take offense at saying MS should offer something new then have at it. I am not talking crap about developers.
Wasn't meant offensive. Just my opinion on this as a whole, not only referring to you. I stand corrected.

I actually haven't played Limbo before, and I was never expecting to get anything free for being an early adopter, so this is kind of awesome. Can't wait to try it out later this week.

hawk2025

I think I even stated this before, but comments like this really make me sad from a developers perspective. I really know I am very alone with this opinion (and this is okay) but all these PSN+, XBL GwG etc. freebies had a massively bad influence on the appreciation of games or especially indie games in gaming communities. Take Ori as an example. An epic project by some of my friends over at Moon. So much love and efforts has been put into this over the last 4 (!!) years. It's just incredible to see all this work coming together, resulting in a vibrant world and story. I feel callouts like these just don't take this into account. Free games are great. I totally understand that. But if we come to a point with statements like yours or "I will wait until this is free on PSN+", then this industry or its consumers made something wrong.

I think you picked the wrong fight there.

It's precisely because he values Ori high, I imagine, that he thinks it would be a grander gesture to give it away.

Don't get me wrong, your general point is incredibly valid regarding the knee-jerk reaction towards indies that you see in any given Ps+ or GwG thread. People calling masterful content like Binding of Isaac and Velocity 2X trash because of budget only.

I just don't think racer falls in that particular group from what I've seen.

Edit: guess I'm late to this.

I strongly disagree. Like Braid, it's entirely style over substance and it's only really accomplishment is pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.

It doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as truly great Xbox Live Arcade games like Shadow Complex, State of Decay, Mark of the Ninja Guardian of Light, Ms Splosion Man, Snoopy's Flying Ace, Dust, American Nightmare, CoJ: Gunslinger, Dishwasher DS and VS, N+, iLomilo to name just a few.

Yeah, but achievements!

UraMallas

Message just popped while I was playing Forza Horizon 2! Downloading. I owned it on 360 and I have the Day One Bone and Chievo.

Got it. Finally I get something from one of these damn XB1 giveaways.

Looking forward to playing it, never got a chance to check it out last gen.

I have 2 Day One Xbones...am signed in to their marketing emails...received the Year One Birthday email (lame "prizes" btw...a profile pic? Really?)...

But, so far no XBL notification about Limbo. I never bothered to use my Day One Achievement card that came with my consoles. Is that a necessity to trigger the free Limbo offer? I guess I'll have to dig it out of storage if so....

Dlacy13g

Finally got my code. Honestly I don't care so much about what game it is but rather the recognition from MS toward me as an early adopter is appreciated.

Finally got my code. Honestly I don't care so much about what game it is but rather the recognition from MS toward me as an early adopter is appreciated.

Did u use the Day One achievement? I'm trying to determine if that is a necessity or not. If so I need to dig mine out of storage bc I never used it.

I'll probably just give the limbo code away here since I own it on Steam and 360 anyway. But id like to get some recognition as well for being an early adopter.

MaulerX

I have 2 Day One Xbones...am signed in to their marketing emails...received the Year One Birthday email (lame "prizes" btw...a profile pic? Really?)...

But, so far no XBL notification about Limbo. I never bothered to use my Day One Achievement card that came with my consoles. Is that a necessity to trigger the free Limbo offer? I guess I'll have to dig it out of storage if so....

I did everything possible. In fact, I think I'm over qualified. I didn't get jack.

Day one adopter here! I got one finally today! I'm kind of excited as I never played through it on my 360 despite it looking incredibly awesome I got stuck fairly early

My wife got one too for some reason, She created an account back when I got my XB1 just for xbox fitness

Have at er Gaf:

XF9PK-7hM27-9PHR4-WJFKV-6DRWZ

WJoPf8d.jpg

They're complaining because it's a really old game that lots of people already have.

So? what did Nintendo or Sony do for there one year anniversarys?

absolutely nothing!

The poster was maybe a little bit of a slap in the face but I'll absolutely take this even though I already own it on 360.

I can't believe people are actually complaining about this...

Dlacy13g

Did u use the Day One achievement? I'm trying to determine if that is a necessity or not. If so I need to dig mine out of storage bc I never used it.

I'll probably just give the limbo code away here since I own it on Steam and 360 anyway. But id like to get some recognition as well for being an early adopter.

Yes I had already activated it long ago but seems like my code just was delayed getting to me. I had also sent a message to xbox support but hadn't given my info just asked the Q as to why I hadn't seen it yet.

Gameboy415

JOKES ON YOU I GET A POSTER

A DIGITAL POSTER

I got this nonsense as well....ugh.

I suppose it's cool that we get a free game at all, but I bought LIMBO at launch on 360 and really didn't enjoy it back then so I can't say I'm thrilled they chose it as the reward. :S

LIMBO was the first real "holy shit this is incredible" moment I had with an XBLA game. Prepare to indulge in one of the best downloadable games I've ever played!

Also, dat ending...

I wasn't that crazy about Limbo honestly, it was good but I've enjoyed other indie games way more.

And I've had an Xbone since last year and nothing... oh well.

Krakn3Dfx

Limbo is really good...
on the Xbox 460, PS3, PC, and Vita, where I already own it

I imagine once it comes out, we'll need to make a thread specifically designed for people to give out Limbo keys to people who haven't owned the game at least once already.

Top Bottom