• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega announcing AAA title at Gamescom

Whitecrow

Banned
I would have to find it again but someone discovered a lot of evidence in the game's guts that it started out as a cheap mobile game and they decided to just roll with it being Sonic 4 on consoles instead. A lot of evidence is there without looking inside the code/etc. though: Strange graphics and animation, dodgy controls, motion/tilt portions, the fact that the levels are kind of a "greatest hits" collection of stages from past games.

Part 2 was decent right? I remember playing the first level of it and it seemed okay, but I couldn't stand using touch screen.
Indeed. I still remember the kart stage that you controlled with the gyroscope, and the reverse backwards loop landing gif, or the 90º standing still pic... or basically everything that was wrong with the physics.
Oh man, all the hype that Sonic 4 built... for being what it ended up being. Those were the times hahahah

Part 2 was a bit better. Had a couple of memorable soundtracks and levels, but not much. At least for me personally.

The Snake

Indeed. I still remember the kart stage that you controlled with the gyroscope, and the reverse backwards loop landing gif, or the 90º standing still pic... or basically everything that was wrong with the physics.
Oh man, all the hype that Sonic 4 built... for being what it ended up being. Those were the times hahahah

Part 2 was a bit better. Had a couple of memorable soundtracks and levels, but not much. At least for me personally.

lmao yeah, the way they teased it with the logo silhouette and everything. People were going wild. Seems like more and more of these big teases are ending up as big disappointments.

cireza

People were going wild. Seems like more and more of these
Well personally I like to remember the redemption video that unveiled Valkyria 4. A video that said : "restructuring the company hurt, we took our time, but we are finally here". The game was released around 9 months later (I think) and was my GOTY. They delivered. Sadly I am not sure that people bought the game quite enough. Typical of the history of Sega. Awesome games that nobody buys.

Last edited:
Given it looks like Retro Gamer is about to do a big feature 'Inside SEGA most anticipated project of 2019 in their next issue. I'm hoping its either a remake or a sequel, to a classic SEGA IP

Top Bottom