• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Event on Sept 15th in Tokyo

-nk-

Lock if old
Stolen from Gamefront:
Sega veranstaltet 'Consumer Strategietreffen 2006'

01.09.06 - Sega gibt bekannt, dass ein 'Sega Consumer Strategietreffen 2006' am 15.09.06 in Tokyo stattfinden wird.

Auf der Veranstaltung sollen Presse und Handel kommende Spiele von Sega vorgestellt werden, die von Herbst 2006 bis Frühjahr 2007 auf den Markt kommen - ob auch Neuentwicklungen enthüllt werden, bleibt abzuwarten.

Sega will hold a "consumer strategy meeting" on September 15th in Tokyo. Press and retailers get to see Segas lineup for autumn '06 till spring '07. It's unknown whether they'll show new games or not.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
-nk- said:
Lock if old
Stolen from Gamefront:

Sega will hold a "consumer strategy meeting" on September 15th in Tokyo. .

Does this consist of focus groups observing games people like, then setting out to create the extreme opposite?

*waits for Capcom, Namco, Konami to do the same.
Once Nintendo go live with final Wii details 3rd parties will probably finally be able to announce what the hell they are doing.
Lack of game announcements is Nintendo waiting for the event to say "In 6months we'll have 250 games on shelves for Wii" (P.S they're in the GC section)

F#A#Oo

Banned
SEGA you better announce some awesome titles for the Virtual Console...and extra support for the Wii...

Thanks...

LOcKY

just wondering what people reaction will be if Sega announces Nights 2 for the ps3

i wouldnt put it pass them to make a crazy business decision.

jarrod

Banned
I'd like to see...

Aero-NiGHTS (Wii) developed by Prope
AfterBurner Climax (PS3/360) ported by Sumo Digital
Chu-Chu-Rocket! (DS)
The Key of Avalon (DS)
Panzer Dragoon I+II (DS)
Phantasy Star Universe (PSP/Wii)
PSY-PHI (Wii)
Quest of D Ver. I+II (PS3/360)
Virtua Fighter 5 (360) ported by Sumo Digital
Yakuza 2 (PS2)

Jeff-DSA

jarrod said:
I'd like to see...

Chu-Chu-Rocket! (DS)
The Key of Avalon (DS)
Panzer Dragoon I+II (DS)
PSY-PHI (Wii)
Yakuza 2 (PS2)

I like the way this man thinks.

Viddie

We should have a Sega wishlist and everytime they're making an announcement (MATRIX ONLINE FTW!!!) we drag the wishlist up... I bet it will be nothing good.

gutter_trash said:
that pretty much explains why the PS3 is getting the bigger guns from Sega [VF5]
I think the hardware capabilities of the Wii pretty much explains why the PS3 is getting VF5.

Symytry

jarrod said:
I'd like to see...

Chu-Chu-Rocket! (DS)
The Key of Avalon (DS)
Panzer Dragoon I+II (DS)
PSY-PHI (Wii)
Yakuza 2 (PS2)

Blasphemy! I'll take Saga over the two of those put together...but I still love Zwei :)

gutter_trash said:
you really want Sumo to be the ones do a port instead of AM2? atleast it is not Genki (remembers VF3TB)

Sumo is good. Just look at the PSP port of Virtua Tennis 2 or the PS2 port of Outrun 2006. Excellent considering PS2 is weaker than Chihiro and It's debatable whether or not PSP is as powerful as Naomi.

jarrod

Banned
gutter_trash said:
you really want Sumo to be the ones do a port instead of AM2? atleast it is not Genki (remembers VF3TB)
Well, of course I'd rather see AM2 do it inhouse... but let's be realistic, that's not going to happen. Sumo's been the best external SEGA port house so far by a wide margin, I'm sure they'd do a more than respectable port.

Guns N' Poops said:
Show Silicon Knights, Obsidian projects please. The arcade games aren't worth a damn.
Arcade games are the only thing at SEGA to have really ever been worth a damn. And right now with Chihiro/LindBergh, they've been on a gold streak... SK/Obsidian shovelware don't rank anywhere near SEGA AM.

ram

_dementia said:
Sumo is good. Just look at the PSP port of Virtua Tennis 2 or the PS2 port of Outrun 2006. Excellent considering PS2 is weaker than Chihiro and It's debatable whether or not PSP is as powerful as Naomi.

ok, sumo does just mediocre jobs:

- virtua tennis psp -> SUCKS BIG TIME
- outrun 2006 psp -> mediocre because of ugly framerate
- dtm race driver psp - loading times, fremrate issues -> SUCKS

jarrod

Banned
ram said:
ok, sumo does just mediocre jobs:

- virtua tennis psp -> SUCKS BIG TIME
- outrun 2006 psp -> mediocre because of ugly framerate
- dtm race driver psp - loading times, fremrate issues -> SUCKS
In all those cases, they're porting to inferior hardware though. LindBergh to 360 would actually be quite a step up... I'd wait until we get Virtua Tennis 360 to poop on Sumo's parade.

jarrod

Banned
WULFER said:
A Sega thread without Daytona USA how sad....... :(
We're never getting a new Daytona, at least not from SEGA. Initial D and Sega Rally are all that's left sadly.

I'd love to see SEGA and EA come to an agreement to get the older titles on Live Arcade though...

i personaly find the Sumo Port of Outrun2 (Xbox) to be leaps and bounds superior then their port of Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast (Xbox) (1 year later)

Ryu

Sega, u better announce After Burner Climax for PS3/360 damn it!

With full support for this baby:

Saitek%20X52-A.jpg

Koren

I'd like to see Sakura Taisen VI (or any news of the Sakura Taisen project from Red Company), but I think that's just a dream...

Ryu said:
With full support for this baby:

Saitek%20X52-A.jpg
This flight stick is really good, I have a blast playing games like XWing Alliance with it.

Too bad it doesn't work with Ace Combat (the official stick is a replica of the previous Saitek Hotas, so I had hopes).

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
OutRun 3 hopefully :)

ethelred

Some stuff I'd like to see (not all immediately, of course, but throughout the next console generation):

Wii:
NiGHTS 2
Skies of Arcadia 2
Ecco the Dolphin

360:
Oasis 3
Shenmue 3

PS3:
Panzer Dragoon Saga 2

DS:
Shining the Holy Ark DS
Shining the Holy Ark 2
Shining Force 3
New Shining Force
Phantasy Star V
Oasis DS

PSP:
Phantasy Star Online Portable
Dragon Force

Any System:
Shining Force 4. I don't care where you put it, Sega, just freaking make it already, Camelot or no Camelot.
Guardian Heroes 2

With few exceptions, almost none of the above will ever happen. Oh well!

Top Bottom