• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

DeaviL

Banned
Totally signed that petition, bring on the games Sega!
Idk2.jpg

KingT

Neo Member
Signed the petition here is hoping we could see some of these games makes it to PC especially Platinumes games.

Signed.

This has probably already been mentioned hundreds of times, but one of the benefits of bringing these over to Steam is that they can continue to bring in cash through Steam sales and such over a larger amount of time.

Also, as we get deeper into this new generation of consoles without proper backwards compatibility, it'll only become more of a hassle to dig out one of the last gen consoles to revisit a gem like Bayonetta or Vanquish. Backwards compatibility isn't a huge issue on PC, and as PC hardware advances it just means being able to bump up the IQ of older titles even further. A lot like how people kept foolishly hoping that a Wii successor could just crank up the rendering resolution of GameCube and Wii games.

I think putting Vanquish on PC would be infinitely more useful and profitable in the long term than giving it a PS4/Xbone 'definitive edition' or something like that.

And to some guy early on in the thread calling Bayonetta 'niche', it sold around 2 million copies. I don't consider that to be niche. Metal Gear Rising hasn't outsold it yet, and that game has the Metal Gear name attached to it. So.

Just going to load my 360 off on my family if Vanquish and Bayonetta get a PC-release, since those are the only games I regularly play on it which I don't have a (good) alternative for.

iceatcs

Signed for some people, because I'm rarely to buy a full price from steam.

I would buy them on crazy steam sale.

Diablos

Signed. I want Vanquish on PC and I never got to play Bayonetta, and at this point would rather play it on PC as I hear the PS3 port is kind of muddy.

TaroYamada

Grief was on RPS but he's also pretty busy and I bet he'd be more happy than anything else if we somehow managed to get it on there before his return.

I've been working on the sites in the OP, excluding IncGamers (they came out of left field). Outside of the others who've already responded in the fashion we wanted, I've been working on Shoryuken, Joystiq, IGN, PCGamer (this failed because the account creation was broken last night, haven't checked again), Angry Joe, Maximilian (we scored a retweet out of him but nothing else thus far), Two Best Friends, Total Biscuit (unlikely to assist due to sega boycott), EuroGamer, Classic Game Room (this probably will head nowhere) and Happy Console Gamer.

I'm probably forgetting some, after the reddit campaign blew up in our faces I went into a tweet, pm, emailing, submission page overdrive so we wouldn't lose momentum. If somebody has a PCGamer forum account and wants to create a thread over there, that'd be nice, since neither me nor Saj could create accounts last night.

Anyways, hopefully this can sustain us as we move towards getting coverage on the other press outlets and recovering our once-successful reddit campaign.

edit: a lot of thanks owed to jschreier/kotaku for bothering to read my PM and then do anything after doing so.

edit 2: Video is being put together by DarioFF and a friend of his I believe, not gonna say much til we get a finished product though :) and I am hitting the sack, see ya guys later today.

Signed. I want Bayonetta on PC even if it's in desperate need of Durante.

A hackable/modable Bayonetta could very well be my forever game that closes the door on anything else in the genre.

Grief.exe

Signed.

This has probably already been mentioned hundreds of times, but one of the benefits of bringing these over to Steam is that they can continue to bring in cash through Steam sales and such over a larger amount of time.

Also, as we get deeper into this new generation of consoles without proper backwards compatibility, it'll only become more of a hassle to dig out one of the last gen consoles to revisit a gem like Bayonetta or Vanquish. Backwards compatibility isn't a huge issue on PC, and as PC hardware advances it just means being able to bump up the IQ of older titles even further. A lot like how people kept foolishly hoping that a Wii successor could just crank up the rendering resolution of GameCube and Wii games.

I think putting Vanquish on PC would be infinitely more useful and profitable in the long term than giving it a PS4/Xbone 'definitive edition' or something like that.

And to some guy early on in the thread calling Bayonetta 'niche', it sold around 2 million copies. I don't consider that to be niche. Metal Gear Rising hasn't outsold it yet, and that game has the Metal Gear name attached to it. So.

Exactly.

PC games generate revenue over decades. Console games are incredibly front loaded over the firts two months or so. After that, sales are canabalized by the used market.

Bayonetta, Vanquish, VF5, and VC IPs are essentially doing nothing for Sega, or the developers, right now.

Throw them on pc, show a profit, make your stock holders happy.

Grief.exe

Kotaku? Incgamers? Almost 3000 sigs?

I smell more Platinum games cooking! Oh man, I want Valkyria Chronicles so bad as well, game looks so perfect for the platform.

I'm excited.

Snakeyes

Signed. Hopefully this paves the way for more PC multiplats from Sega in general (*cough* Persona *cough*) and not just ports of older games.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Bring Jet Set Radio Future please, i never played that game because i sold my DC. :(
Now i got it again, but i don't have that game and its not easy to get.

Nillansan

The ever helpful Steamchat gaf found his twitter, not exactly what you wanted but if you wait for him to get active there and flick him a tweet with links he may see it?

I found Alex Donaldson's profile in the thread dedicated to the NeoGAF article that he wrote, it seems like he isn't amongst VG247's permanent staff, I think that he is doing commission work. I have already tweeted him about the campaign though.

I will write one of the staff members later, do any of you have any tips on how to approach this?

Snakeyes

Have you guys tried contacting sites like Tom's Hardware and Overclock.net? I'm sure there are lots of PC enthusiasts that would see the benefit of having these games on the platform over there.

Crub

I think the petition needs at least around 10000 signatures to be considered newsworthy by any major site, tbh. That's when some outlets started reporting on the Dark Souls 2 on Wii U petition.

Top Bottom