• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA Sammy acquires Index (Atlus) for 14 billion yen, now a subsidiary of Sega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
GAbdLPP.gif

Sega got money like that? Oh snap!

This could be quite interesting. Do we see Virtua Fighter crossing over into other arenas? Sonic melding into the world of Shin Megami Tensei? The questions that can be asked here...

Sophia

Remember this is under SEGA Sammy, not SEGA specifically. Still, not the news I wanted to hear out of this situation.

So, how soon until Sega shuts down Atlus US and decides that Atlus games won't be released outside of Japan anymore?

Months wouldn't be surprising, honestly...

UberTag

This news is disastrously awful.
Sega destroys everything it touches.
The only purchaser that would have been worse would have been Square Enix.

All our beloved Atlus franchises will now go the way of Valkyria Chronicles sequels.

Maybe they actually see value in their IP's, we won't even notice their involvement...

No, that didn't make me feel any better. It will be all Persona, all digital downloads from now on, if that.

Cbajd5

I guess SMT X Fire Emblem is safe then?

I mean, Sega and Nintendo already do crossovers. So I guess Sammy's alright with them even if Atlus will be kept separate from Sega.

RyoonZ

Banned
This is great news. Considering the relationship of current Sega and NIntendo, we can now expect most of Atlus games to release on Nintendo platform *coughcough*Persona 5*coughcough*, not to mention the success of Ryu Ga Gotoku 1&2 HD For WiiU, this just seal the deal!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Wow. I hope it turns out okay.

Put the Persona series on Steam please Sega!

This news is disastrously awful.
Sega destroys everything it touches.
The only purchaser that would have been worse would have been Square Enix.

All our beloved Atlus franchises will now go the way of Valkyria Chronicles sequels.

You forgot Capcpom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom