• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Teases for new 2D Sonic(?) game - Project Needlemouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Meh, this is going to suck. I mean, there hasn't been a truly good Sonic game in over a decade. Just...no, Sega! NO!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
2 Minutes Turkish said:
I can't BELIEVE people still don't think this is a Sonic game.

2 week ban says it is. Any takers?

I agree. How can it possibly not be Sonic?

Sonic Unleashed - Frustration - Werehog - Shitty Friends = Rebirth of Sonic

The trailer with the classic sounds and everything has me interested aside from the logo. Is it Samba de Sonic?! Please don't give him a talking sombrero as his new friend, please!

bon

If it's really a classic style Sonic game I'm excited. We're long due for one.

If it's a 2D HD console Rush style game I may hype overload and wet myself.

Ugh these Sonic threads on this site suck.

I'll be laughing at all of you when you are begging for this game to come out.

What a gift for 9/9/09, thank you Sega. :D

LaneDS

They've fooled me every fucking time since Sonic Heroes and managed to get me excited and somehow drop the ball completely. And once again I'm excited and hopeful. Bleh.

TreIII

Archie said:
The game would probably be better off if that were the case.

Probably. The alleged story is that they wanted to actually MAKE a more traditional Sonic game though "Sonic Rivals", but the higher ups wanted them to make a "racing game" instead. :lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Fuck yes...2D mario and now 2D sonic? Happy days
Time to pull out my Sega Genesis CDX to play some sonic cd

Wow, just downloaded the video.

People REALLY believe this isn't Sonic? REALLY? Please tell me my sarcasm meter is completely broken.

Christ almighty, it's scary that people like this are breeding, if they haven't already. It was obvious from the pic, but the video confirms it.

If anything, it seems like the game could be a HD remake instead of a true 'new' adventure.

Either way, I have some genuine faith in this one.

Echoes

Not this time, Sega. The game is already over. My hope has died long time ago, and just like the soldiers in Final Fantasy Tactics, you don't just bring dead things to life.

Can't wait till I read the reviews, then hear the fans complain about how the reviewers suck these days and how it's a really good Sonic game, and everyone should support it. But no. NO.

Balb

Does anyone actually think Sega can pull this off well? It's not like all of Sonic's problems are solved when he's on a 2D plane.

remz

Sonic 1 HD Remix, or not?

supersecretsonic2010_56297_screen.jpg

1sf7gw.gif

Either way, I'm interested. Hopefully it doesn't suck!

HUELEN10

Goddamnit. 2D Sonic is always good, I mean it's what the "old fans want", but they better as fuck not give up on the 3D games. I want more games like Unleashed...

Not sure if want. :( I'm kinda afraid this means the end to 3D Sonic.

Balb said:
Does anyone actually think Sega can pull this off well? It's not like all of Sonic's problems are solved when he's on a 2D plane.

Sega fans think antyhing can happen, which is true to an extent: the very fact they still live is some sorta miracle

Teknoman

Its funny. The trailer's text is an exact copy of most of our posts in the Unleashed topic.

"2D"

"Built from the ground up"

etc.

Also Unleashed HD Sonic daytime stages were awesome, etc. etc.

Sean

Banned
Damnit, I can't help but get excited as hell by that teaser even though I'm 99% sure this game will be terrible.

witness

Please let you only play as regular sonic just like the old genesis games with great old school gameplay and it'll be the first sonic game I buy since the original sonic rush.

IrishNinja

ShockingAlberto said:
THIS IS WHAT SEGA SAYS TO THE INTERNET

THE ACTUAL GAME IS MADE FOR THIRTEEN YEAR OLDS

IT WILL ALWAYS BE THIS WAY

The caps are necessary because no one ever listens.

yeah, but...it's gonna be different this time, bro.
just...just you wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom