• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Teases for new 2D Sonic(?) game - Project Needlemouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUELEN10 said:
Black Knight was possibly the shittiest 3D game yet. Music was excellent though, but that is besides the point!

Possibly shittier than 06 due to less fun IMO.

Bull, shit.

Black Knight was an easy, short game with a theme people didn't like and some buggy mix between the controls and camera at times. Sonic 06 was a fucking trainwreck. Even if you liked what they were trying to present in the game, it was such a rushed, bug-ridden mess with half of the features hacked out and no real direction.

HUELEN10

TheSonicRetard said:
Hey, I don't know if there are people who read it here, I had to be nice. :D
Kulock said:
Bull, shit.

Black Knight was an easy, short game with a theme people didn't like and some buggy mix between the controls and camera at times. Sonic 06 was a fucking trainwreck. Even if you liked what they were trying to present in the game, it was such a rushed, bug-ridden mess with half of the features hacked out and no real direction.
To me, that Trainwreck was more fun, & isn't that all that matters in the end? Regardless as far as I'm concerned, comparing Black Knight and 06 is like choosing between puke and shit, you don't win. That's just my opinion obviously, but I really didn't find BK much fun, others couldn't bear to finish it.

TunaLover

Plywood said:
One of the main complaints about new Sonic is his friends, his new crappy friends. Rather than constantly tossing in new faces for a new stupid mechanic. Why not use familiar faces for the new stupid mechanic? It would simply be taken as an "experiment" just trying something new and if the stupid mechanic works, then you could oh I dunno reuse it and refine it?

''They will do, with this new title''

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
HUELEN10 said:
Since we do not know if this uses models or sprites, is there any chance that this could be suing the hedgehog lighting engine? It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

Oh man, you bringing this up makes me want sprites SO HARD

Almak

I have absolutely no trust left in Sonic team ever producing a good Sonic game ever again. Just wait until that logo clears up and we see just what kind of decrepit shit they're going to slap on top of the professed speed and awesomeness.

HUELEN10

Almak said:
I have absolutely no trust left in Sonic team ever producing a good Sonic game ever again. Just wait until that logo clears up and we see just what kind of decrepit shit they're going to slap on top of the professed speed and awesomeness.
Is Sonic Team even making this? Honest question.

HUELEN10

TheSonicRetard said:
One of the first things I noticed - I don't think Sonic Team is making this. I'm hoping they're hard at work on a sequel to Unleashed.
I like the way you think man, I like the way you think. I'm hoping for this too! Question now is, if Sonic Team is not the one making this, then who is?

TheSonicRetard said:
Archie Sonic is terrible sonic

but that issue is an adaptation of the best sonic has ever been.

You should have just posted a picture from CD.

501086ss8super.jpg

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
'Built from the ground up'? Does that mean every 3D Sonic used the same engines?

I wouldn't be surprised at all

no more Apocalyptic monsters who take over at the end of the game please!!

just keep Eggman/Robotnik as the main boss always through out the enitre game

i am tired of Pefect Chaos, Bio-Lizard and all the mega apocalyptic monsters all post Adventure Sonics have had

LAUGHTREY said:
'Built from the ground up'? Does that mean every 3D Sonic used the same engines?

I wouldn't be surprised at all

Sonic Adventure 1 was built from the ground up with still-in-development SDKs. Much like how Mario 64's engine molded the N64, Sonic Adventure's engine molded the Dreamcast. SA2 used a much improved version of the same engine, similar to comparing Mario 64 with Zelda 64.

Tanukid

Hideki Naganuma and Yuzo Koshiro doing the soundtrack would be pure bliss. Two Sega music making greats!

Maybe Naofumi Hataya too, Some sort of Sonic CD-ish sound would fit perfectly too.

remz said:
Wii Sports resort was great.

Hmm, let's try this again. Nintendo still makes fun games and does so more consistently than any developer at Sega does. That's as close to fact as it gets when we're talking about something as subjective as fun.

This is coming from a big Sega fan and a former Sonic fan: adopting a healthy skepticism about this game is probably the best course of action.

Tanukid said:
Hideki Naganuma and Yuzo Koshiro doing the soundtrack would be pure bliss. Two Sega music making greats!

Maybe Naofumi Hataya too, Some sort of Sonic CD-ish sound would fit perfectly too.

Better yet they can get Masato Nakamura to do it. He's said that he wants to compose another Sonic game and all Sega has to do is ask him.

remz

Night_Trekker said:
Hmm, let's try this again. Nintendo still makes fun games and does so more consistently than any developer at Sega does. That's as close to fact as it gets when we're talking about something as subjective as fun.

This is coming from a big Sega fan and a former Sonic fan: adopting a healthy skepticism about this game is probably the best course of action.
Agreed wholeheartedly, SEGA (as a whole) hasn't been reliable in years.

But still, I don't think I'd be comfortable with Nintendo making a Sonic game, the repressed SEGA fan in me just doesn't like the idea.

Then again if it's anything like Galaxy level of quality, game would kick ass.

SolidSnakex said:
Better yet they can get Masato Nakamura to do it. He's said that he wants to compose another Sonic game and all Sega has to do is ask him.

I'll just quote myself from earlier:

Spencer Nilsen

I much prefer the American Special Stage Music:

Here

Combined with the at-the-time fantastic visuals and general overall weirdness of Sonic CD, it created incredible atmosphere. The US soundtrack is so underrated - people only hate it because Diehard Gamefan wrote an entire review bashing the soundtrack and docked 30 points off the US release for "butchering the soundtrack" before it even hit shores.

Thus, by the time people played Sonic CD, they already had a sour opinion of the soundtrack before they'd even heard it. Both are good, dammit! The US Sonic CD doesn't feature half-assed music, they went out and got the best Sega CD music composer to do the score! Spencer Nilsen! Dude wrote both Ecco CD soundtracks, which are godly

Fuck I love Sonic CD

Foffy

Banned
TheSonicRetard said:
One of the first things I noticed - I don't think Sonic Team is making this. I'm hoping they're hard at work on a sequel to Unleashed.

Maybe they'll make a competent game on the second try. But I think I'd be more hopeful that one day, I could cough lightning bolts.

I think Sonic Team is one of those developers that has some kind of magic that can ruin games, just with any relation to that team. I can't think of one good game they've made in years.

Like the SaGa team, more or less.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
i'm really sick of teasers, but that was pretty god damned great

they started off on the right foot with the classic 'seeegaaaa' intro

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I wonder if when this game gets ripped apart, all hope will finally be totally lost, no more hiding behind "Bububu if they made it 2D and... and HD it would be better!!"

Truly no excuses after this, this is the final ultimate breaking point for the franchise.

Andrex said:
I wonder if when this game gets ripped apart, all hope will finally be totally lost, no more hiding behind "Bububu if they made it 2D and... and HD it would be better!!"

Truly no excuses after this, this is the final ultimate breaking point for the franchise.

Hope springs eternal, man. It's one of the things I both love and hate about the human race.

No amount of failure can stop a true fan for hoping the next game will be the return to form we all want.

I don't really like those platforms. They look like Tim Burton or something.

Maybe they look better off of a black background. The file name is concept_renders, so maybe the actual game is way different.

SolidSnakex said:
Nakamura's pretty much responsible for the most memorable songs in the series.

The most memorable songs in the series are nowhere near my favorites.

HUELEN10

TheSonicRetard said:
Oh shit teaser site with some... odd looking platforms:

http://www.needlemouse.com/
Checkerboard?!? I really hate the direction, I hope this stays concept. Checkerboard and that design do not go well together.

WAIT A MINUTE! Does this confirm the game will use models and not sprites?!?!?! I think it could!

BTW, did someone check the WHOIS info? Is this actually the site?

TunaLover

Andrex said:

Well, they already cropped its sales, that's a good sign :lol

kiuju2k

Banned
I don't like how that looks. Not what I was expecting at all. Could be hoax?

Anyway where sega giving sonic gimmicks like hes mario or something is where they always go wrong.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh for fucks SAKE! This is like torture!

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and possibly Amy, that's all please.

Playable Super Sonic throughout the levels, fuck that final boss only bullshit. FUCK IT.

Great special stages for Chaos Emeralds.

When I was younger, Dr. Robotnik was a scary figure, in his fucking spherical hovercraft that could survive anything and that maniacal smile as he ran away (faster than sonic could)... I want this villain back. Fuck you, Eggman.

Bring me back Metal Sonic.

This has the potential to be all sorts of godly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom