• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senate health-care draft repeals Obamacare taxes, bigger subsidies for low-income

Nokterian

So if you miss a payment because you're broke from the crazy expensive insurance you have to wait six months to get it again while also paying the mandate that you probably cannot afford since you couldn't afford the insurance to begin with?....

Don't get sick..or hurt!

GOP are willing to kill thousands of people..and yet people keep yelling ISIS is bad (yes they still are) but seeing this? GOP and even Trump Administration it is pretty clear. Fuck the poor,old and sick, you can all die with it.

Tovarisc

gP3nInq.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/879315860178993152

This seems like a big headache of paperwork for insurance companies to deal with.

Now instead of sending you a curt letter asking for last month's payment (plus 20 dollars late fee), they have to actually kick you off your insurance. And then possibly re-admit you again in 6 months.

Imagine accidentally missing a payment while pregnant? Or with a major surgery planned a few months in the future? It'd be a nightmare scenario for someone.

slit

They just can't face reality. The only way you make a plan better than Obamacare is to create a UHC system. They can't worm their way out of math, no matter what they do.

UberTag

I just can't stop laughing at this. Republicans control all branches of government, yet still complain its the Democrats fault. lol

How about your policies are so fucked, even your own party shy away from it.
There shall be no accountability and ownership from the President and his party that will terrorize and kill more Americans than ISIS could ever hope to.

cameron

Revised draft: https://www.budget.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/BetterCareReconcilistionAct.6.26.17.pdf

WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Republicans issue modest revisions to health care bill, including penalty for consumers whose coverage lapses.

— Zeke Miller‏ (@ZekeJMiller) June 26, 2017

Here are the changes in the revised version of the Senate GOP health care bill, just released:

— Frank Thorp V (@frankthorp) June 26, 2017

ifrhkgK.jpg

CBO score on Senate GOP health bill coming this afternoon

— Bradd Jaffy‏ (@BraddJaffy) June 26, 2017

AndyD

aka andydumi
So you have insurance, but you don't have insurance for 6 months for no other reason than you probably just lost your job.

Devil's advocate: The idea is people should take advantage of what's available to them as best they can. So you lose employment, get COBRA until you find a new job.

The reality: COBRA plans are prohibitively expensive, COBRA is not offered by every employer. Not all jobs offer health plans period.

Devil's advocate: The idea is people should take advantage of what's available to them as best they can. So you lose employment, get COBRA until you find a new job.

The reality: COBRA plans are prohibitively expensive, COBRA is not offered by every employer. Not all jobs offer health plans period.

When I was single and in my 20s, I had no pre-existing conditions at all and COBRA was still around $700 a month. Fuck that.

AndyD

aka andydumi
When I was single and in my 20s, I had no pre-existing conditions at all and COBRA was still around $700 a month. Fuck that.

Well COBRA prices are the actual plan price. It's just that the employer usually pays 50-90% of it so the employee often has no clue.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
LOLGOP‏ @LOLGOP

If you miss one payment, no health insurance for 6 months

GOP: Freedom!

I'd like to pay you to bake a cake for my wedding

GOP: Tyranny!

COBRA was more than my dad's unemployment check when he was laid off a few years ago.

Balphon

I just can't stop laughing at this. Republicans control all branches of government, yet still complain its the Democrats fault. lol

How about your policies are so fucked, even your own party shy away from it.

Republicans don't actually have a policy agenda on health care. At least not a coherent one.

The traditional Republican orthodoxy was that government had no place in the insurance market, but that is an untenable position today. Likewise, they spent the last several years bizarrely attacking Obamacare for being both too liberal and not liberal enough.

Consequently, the Party is all over the place in health care, so you end up with a bill like this which is chiefly a tax cut funded by Medicaid cuts.

COBRA was more than my dad's unemployment check when he was laid off a few years ago.

Yeah. Would make more sense if there was some manner of premium subsidy available the whole like the temporary one they put in place after 2008. ACA makes that a moot, but it would have made sense for it to have been there before, though I'm sure it was expensive.

NYR

At a pace of 1 million less per draft, In just only 22 more tries, they might actually have something equal to Obamacare! Good job!

cameron

New CBO score for Senate bill:

2018: 15 million more would be uninsured than under Obamacare

2020: 19 million more

2026: 22 million more

— Bradd Jaffy (@BraddJaffy) June 26, 2017

Edit: Might be worth making a new thread. Various outlets have articles up about the CBO score.

Top Bottom