• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serious Sam 3 Screenshots (Summer, PC/Consoles, 16 Player Co-op)

JasonUresti said:
Today's game reviewers: What is is this, no iron sights? The levels are too big, I don't where to go. The story lacks meaningful matures themes, like COD or Killzone. I need a cutscene every five minutes to fully immerse me into the story. Terrible game, worst FPS of the year-7.0 out of 10.
Don't forget "the main character is not compelling" and "there are no Hollywood style setpieces."

Sweet jeebus at those screenshots. I can't wait to open up a can of whoop ass with 15 other people! Looking forward to some huge over-the-top bosses in that beautiful Serious Engine 3 of theirs.

Haunted

Those textures look pretty ridiculous.

But I've got to say, the crazy monster designs clash with the realistic environment, more than in past games. Gives off a pretty weird impression.

This news inspired me to beat the First Encounter, which I just did for the first time. A journey that began 10 years, ended today.

On to the Second!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Serious Sam 3 - A social commentary on the upheaval against the administration of Hosni Mubarak.

amar212

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
By the way, there was a Croteam feature in a Croatian gaming magazine a few years ago. It had some information about SS3 and the more serious (how is that even possible?) tactical shooter they were working on at the time. There were also some early SS3 screens, but the environments looked so weird stylistically that I thought they were actually taken from the other game, and then had SS monsters photoshopped in.

Looks like that might not have been the case. :)

You remeber well :)

They highlighted us two different projects, one of them being showcased. It was that "serious" tactical shooter of which they've actually gave us screens to publish.

It seems those two just surprisingly melted into eachother.

Can't wait for the outcome.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
A prequel? So we still don't get our showdown with Mental?

God damn it, after all this build up, Mental better be the biggest most over the top insane boss in the history of anything.

Everything after Serious Sam: The First Encounter felt like it was trying a little too hard to be "wacky". Me and some friends tried Second Encounter HD during a Steam free weekend and were bored to tears by it (despite buying First Encounter HD the day it was released).

I'm going to wait and see. So far I like what I see in these screenshots but it remains to be seen if level design isn't just a crap shoot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I must be the only one here who loved Serious Sam 2 about as much as TFE and TSE.

Sciz

Sega1991 said:
Everything after Serious Sam: The First Encounter felt like it was trying a little too hard to be "wacky". Me and some friends tried Second Encounter HD during a Steam free weekend and were bored to tears by it (despite buying First Encounter HD the day it was released).
TSE's secrets are definitely a notch up on the weirdness scale (and we won't even talk about SS2), but the gameplay stepped it up as well. Seems odd that you didn't really like it.

JaseC said:
I must be the only one here who loved Serious Sam 2 about as much as TFE and TSE.
It's aesthetically unpleasant, the weapons are less balanced and don't pack the same punch, level design tends to be tighter and more cramped, vehicle sections everywhere, and godawful writing even by the series' standards. The fundamentals that made SS1 great are still there, but they blew the execution in almost every possible way.

derFeef

Steam page is up.

And oh, looks like we are getting an iOS game or something like that, they tweeted this, togeter with Mommy's Best Games. A Serious Sam top-down shooter? Give it to me NOW.

915c70eb.jpg

a26233d7.jpg

webrunner

I hope it's a visual novel where you're playing as the headless bomb guy.

The 3rd and 4th option on every screen are always "scream some more" and "Blow up hand bombs".

It can be a dating game.

"W..what? It's not like i l-like you or anything. Who would like a guy without a head like that? Dummy." *blush and turns away*

epmode

Funky Papa said:
BTW, do I see a hommage to Doom's mancubus?
There's a monster in 2nd Encounter that does the same kind of twin rocket attack. You know, how one rocket is on target and the second is fired at a slight angle? Circle strafing is a lot more interesting when those guys are around.

derFeef

VGChampion said:
Looks interesting. Going to be weird playing with creatures like this in a semi-real looking game.
I very much like the idea of exactly that and I can not wait to see it in motion. I hope PAX has some surprises for us.

Top Bottom