• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Complex 2 was put on hold for Infinity Blade

VALIS

Billychu said:
I hated IB and loved SC. I'm not the only one, right?

No, not at all. Well, "hate" is too strong, but I didn't like Infinity Blade. It's a nice tech demo for what iOS can do but a real simple and monotonous game. Shadow Complex, meanwhile, is all kinds of awesome.

george_us

White Man said:
I'd imagine Shadow Complex 2 has a decent chance of being a full retail game.

I don't think this is a bad thing either. I'd rather have sequels sit out for a few years. If SC sequels were pumped out too quickly people would get bored with them, a la Metroidvania games.
Honestly, if each of them were of Shadow Complex's quality, I wouldn't have a problem with this.

How about you just call it something else to avoid the Microsoft publishing BS and make it for everything, Epic? iOS, XBLA, PC, PSN...make money and make the better game. Fuck, it could converted into a Jazz Jackrabbit game for all I care, as long as the gameplay stays the same...actually that would be awesome, do that.

iVyaf.gif

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
God, I never understand the hype for Infinity Blade. Just whack a mole with pretty graphics. Mindless, janky unfun shit.

bill.cosby

Neo Member
White Man said:
I'd imagine Shadow Complex 2 has a decent chance of being a full retail game.

I don't think this is a bad thing either. I'd rather have sequels sit out for a few years. If SC sequels were pumped out too quickly people would get bored with them, a la Metroidvania games.

This would not bother me at all, let SC2 slow cook on the grill for a long ass time. Like some sweet baby back ribs.

Frankfurt

Banned
How is this a problem at all to anyone that isn't a hater for the sake of being a hater?

They put a sequel to a great platformer on hold to make a NEW, unique IP that is just as great. I guess all the threads about wanting less sequels and more creativity are all BS?

Frankfurt said:
How is this a problem at all to anyone that isn't a hater for the sake of being a hater?

They put a sequel to a great platformer on hold to make a NEW, unique IP that is just as great. I guess all the threads about wanting less sequels and more creativity are all BS?

Quality Metroidvanias take priority over everything else.

Meier

FUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

(and I played the heck out of Infinity Blade)

Shadow Complex was probably my GOTY in 2009.

DiscoJer

Frankfurt said:

Well, that's the thing. A lot of people don't think that Infinity Blade is great.

It's pretty much a case of traditional gaming vs casual/iOS/waggle

Those that like traditional gaming are seeing their future threatened.

You can't say it doesn't happen. A lot of the types of games I loved to play when I was younger are basically gone or are niche. (Space 4X games, while they still exist, most are real time, at least the combat portion. Turn based tactical games, like X-com or Perfect General, Party based CRPGs with turn based combat, like Wizardry or Bards Tale or Might & Magic)

Rad-

Frankfurt said:

Because IB was a good tech demo but a decent game at best. Shadow Complex is the best DL game this gen.

LiK

well, Infinity Blade has been out now and they added additional stuff already. Time to get back to Shadow Complex.

Top Bottom