• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Colossus - Developer Commentary

sublimit

Banned
Thanks for sharing! I have heard some people having issues with some of the aesthetic alterations in this remake but personally as a huge fan of the original i think Bluepoint did an incredible job that is totally respectful to the base material.

Narasaki

they may be experts on the technical field, but I feel they have nothing interesting to say and it kind of shows in this remake :/

On the other hand, if you read the old Ueda interviews, they're full of little, interesting stories about everyday life, computers and art

RootCause

Although it's not mentioned in the video I do love that the Pro gets a 4K/30 or 1080/60 option. Hopefully both options will also manage a locked frame rate too.

EDIT:
Oops. :)
If they get both modes locked, I'll go for 4k/30 first. Then a 1080/60 second play through. :)

I'm going to buy it because SOTC is my favorite game of all time, but I still can't get hyped for this. It doesn't look right and I can't fully explain why.

I'm hanging out for this remaster.

Hopefully that short video was just one part of a longer "making of" series. I love hearing about the design choices and the challenges that arise during development.

Cheers for the heads up OP.

JP

I'm hanging out for this remaster.

Hopefully that short video was just one part of a longer "making of" series. I love hearing about the design choices and the challenges that arise during development.

Cheers for the heads up OP.
They usually do a single video for these things but some games have had more than one, looking at the games that have had a series you can usually tell by the way they've named them because they'll be numbered. Hopefully we'll get more on this one though.

synce

I'm going to buy it because SOTC is my favorite game of all time, but I still can't get hyped for this. It doesn't look right and I can't fully explain why.

It's the colors.

Interesting that they bought up the sky because the remake looks completely unfaithful to the original in that regard. Overall it looks more like Zelda or Horizon, or any other big budget game, rather than the unique look of the original SOTC.

Narasaki

It's the colors.

Interesting that they bought up the sky because the remake looks completely unfaithful to the original in that regard. Overall it looks more like Zelda or Horizon, or any other big budget game, rather than the unique look of the original SOTC.

This.

I'm so tired of the blind praising of graphics in modern gaming.

Hissing Sid

My boy forces me to play this all the time (PS3 remaster), and after the fifth run on hard mode it’s starting to feel like I’m chained to a fucking oar!

So no doubt I’ll be buying and playing this.

Forever more....

Top Bottom