• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of war.... shadow of the ex micro transactions

crobb991

Banned
So guys

I have been wanting to play this for ages

picked up the gold edition with the dcl...

what’s the opinion on this... other than the sexy shelob

Kacho

Game is badass as fuck. The nemesis system is way more interesting and there's a ton more to do. No MTX anymore either, so everything can be earned through gameplay.

Music is lowkey amazing and the weapon/armor designs are some of the best I've ever seen. If you're playing on X or PC, you're in for a visual treat.

Ignore the DLC campaigns. Separate progression so it's completely worthless IMO.

Armorian

Banned
So guys

I have been wanting to play this for ages

picked up the gold edition with the dcl...

what’s the opinion on this... other than the sexy shelob

I think it's quite good, boring and overwhelming at first but after few hours you can start building your own army - it's super fun at this point. Once that is done you can continue story, lot of things changes at some point and "ending" is :messenger_neutral: After that you can gring to obtain "true" ending or play DLC. First DLC gives player true final ending to SOW story (it's terrible) and I have never played the second one.

Unlock all useful combat/stealth skills!

Kusarigama

I too played it recently. I had so much fun with nemesis system. Dominating captains, setting up ambushes, getting betrayed, getting ambushed, etc. were all too fun. Sadly the story and side quests felt so uninteresting. Spent about 25+hours and then stopped.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I like the mechanics a lot, it's a really fun game to play, but if anything, the game feels like it has too much content. It's absolutely enormous, maybe 3x or 4x the size of the first game.

Stuart360

Really good game, both of them are actually. It feels a little clunky to me to control, kind of like the game is a lot older than it is.
Good though overall.

Top Bottom