• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowloo Showdown 2012 | Fighting game tournament (AU) | May 4-6

All his regular DP's are exactly the same as Ryu's in damage, start up, and invincibility. Their is a minor stun difference(in Ryu's favor) and his fierce SRK is 2 hits and can FADC'd. Besides that, his EX DP has far less invincibility, but does a lot more damage. As far as zoning is concerned, Evil Ryu is fine. He loses all the really nice Ryu links, but gains more mix ups and damage potential. But overall, I don't think you could have gone wrong with either.

I'm still a little curious about Naruo though. Evil Ryu for Sagat and Cody, and Ryu for Adon and Rufus(don't remember if he played anybody else).

I thought he picked Ryu for the better dp so he can blow up Rufus's dive kicks, but since it's the same then I don't know.

Kikujiro

Those who missed AE should check:

Fuudo vs Poongko
Fuudo vs Dakou (both of the matches)
JWong vs Gamerbee
Xiaohai vs Amiyu

All killer matches.

Who is Omega Red using? I'm from QLD and I'm pretty sure I've never met him from the scene, unless one of the boys from the scene changed their name.

toypop

Agreed :)

I wonder what Naruo's thinking when it comes to picking Ryu or Evil Ryu for certain match ups. Honestly the match ups that he played today, it doesn't seem all that different to me. It's almost like either could have gotten the job done.

Naruo once told that he wanna challenge Kindev's Rufus with Ryu. He said he has been dominating this matchup in his local arcade and wondered if it's really viable to the top Rufus players.

Those who missed AE should check:

Fuudo vs Poongko
Fuudo vs Dakou (both of the matches)
JWong vs Gamerbee
Xiaohai vs Amiyu

All killer matches.

Great recommendations, I haven't been this excited to watch AE matches since probably Canada Cup of last year. I don't really get pumped for American only SF4 tournaments anymore because I've been spoiled by tournaments like this, Canada Cup, and EVO. Japanese tournaments are great to watch, but don't quite hit the spot for me because they're normally team tournaments and I'm lost in the language barrier. Even though what we see is of the highest level of play, it's still not as hype compared to tournaments like this and EVO that brings together the best from all over the world to face each other. I'm really excited to see the conclusion tomorrow. I also don't think this is the last we'll see of some of the more unfamiliar faces of this tournament.

I've been posting too much, I feel like the SF4 version of Dahbomb now lol. I still remember when we were both members of the PS3 IGN board and were both huge advocates of DMC back then.

salt on my oatmeal and in my coffee, lets do this!

btw, is there a thread for seasons beatings? I bet america will win seasons beatings. Japan didn't even show up because they scared

Well if we're only talking about SF4 and SFxT, the dynamic duo of Laugh and Infiltration are going to be there. They're not Japanese, but they're scary international threats that can keep America from winning those 2.

Does anyone know if they're gonna stream 3rd Strike tomorrow ?

If they would, I will have to cut my SB viewing to wake up early, but if they won't, I can stay up and watch SB since top 8 UMVC3 at Shadowloo won't start until way later.

Well if we're only talking about SF4 and SFxT, the dynamic duo of Laugh and Infiltration are going to be there. They're not Japanese, but they're scary international threats that can keep America from winning those 2.

i'm just joking around mang. but that's great those guys will be there, I didn't know that! They are def threats

um, i can make a quick seasons beatings thread if USD is dead

ismk

salt on my oatmeal and in my coffee, lets do this!

btw, is there a thread for seasons beatings? I bet america will win seasons beatings. Japan didn't even show up because they scared

I can't find a thread for SB:SS, looks like no one made one. Does anyone want to make it?

Dahbomb

Just woke up... saw Marvel top 8. Saddened to see no Airtola and DJHoushen but still a solid top 8 nontheless. Looks like I missed some Knives beat down.

Zak Bennet still alive in top 8, people said he wouldn't make it that far. That top 8 Winners Bracket is basically the top 4 best players at the tournament and ALL is right in the world... at least for now.

mr. puppy

Banned
Just woke up... saw Marvel top 8. Saddened to see no Airtola and DJHoushen but still a solid top 8 nontheless. Looks like I missed some Knives beat down.

Zak Bennet still alive in top 8, people said he wouldn't make it that far.

which stream is the top 8? i'm going through tons of archives and can't find anything.

also dahbomb stop staying on bourbon st so much you need to watch these tournies on time young man

Knocked out couldn't finish ae. Poor Justin still losing to gamerbee. Now he got two demons haha. 9th in that field is pretty impressive and coming out of semi 4. He would made top 8 easy in semi 3. /salt

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fuudo and Justin out of AE ? <UltraDavid>WHaaaaAAAAAAAAAt?</UltraDavid>
Are the archives up?

Fuudo and Justin out of AE ? <UltraDavid>WHaaaaAAAAAAAAAt?</UltraDavid>
Are the archives up?

Yep

http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq/b/317174137

If you didn't watch it live, you really missed out. There were a lot of amazing matches in the semi-finals that had everybody on the edge of there seats. Honestly, it didn't matter who you're talking about. Their were way too many killers in this tournament to be shocked that any of the big name players that you believe to be one of the best didn't make it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I cant watch streams when im at my parents house >_<

EDIT: Thanks for the link buddy.

It's shocking how much better AEs is without boring Yun, with a more vulnerable Fei Long and without C Vipers derping their way with derp damage. Poongko being eliminated early is great news as we no longer have to see him derp and rock scissor paper his way through the tourney.

Busaiku

Bah, I shouldn't have gone to sleep, but cartoons man.
Oh well, I'll probably stay up tonight.

Anyone know The King of Fighters XIII top 8?
It's not up on Shadowloo.

Found top 16 though.

Fersis

Tokido is a beast and one of the most fun players to watch.

Busaiku

Tokido was knocked out in Tekken Tag?

Says he was beaten by Kantoro and then Rame.

Also, it looks like he didn't enter Skullgirls.
I mean sure, it wasn't released in Japan, but it would've been cool to see how quickly he could've dissected it.

I mean he does well in BlazBlue (outside of Japan, of course), so he probably could've gotten far.

mr. puppy

Banned
damn Zak really needs to get a beam assist or something on his team, cold star is only going so far against these Aussie Vergils

Lethality

Can someone link me the Poongko vs Fuudo match from yesterday? I missed it because I was asleep. :(

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.

wildfire

Banned
When will this start back up again? Also, any VF5 or Skullgirls in the archive?

9pm EST. They only recorded a little bit of skullgirls. I found it interesting just to see the noticeable differences in techniques the Australians had developed; but it was still all low level play.

Dahbomb

damn Zak really needs to get a beam assist or something on his team, cold star is only going so far against these Aussie Vergils
Wha? As far as I can tell there is at most only 1 Vergil remaining on the bracket and that's Antman. 90%+ of the Vergils/Weskers are eliminated already. His fight should be up against Omega Red who has I believe a Wolverine/Wesker/Sentinel team which in terms of match up, Zak has the one up on but Omega's Wolverine is fucking hungry.

I was expecting him to struggle against Vergil but it was Toxy's Wesker doing basic stuff which blew him into pieces. Zak's problem isn't with his team, which is like highly optimized for Firebrand, it's that there's only so much he can learn from his UK community and they need to level up for him to become a top class UMvC3 player.

Toxy's Vergil kind of owned Zak as well it just that Toxy kept dropping his Vergil combos. In their two matches Toxy got about 5 clean hits on Firebrand with Vergil. He got like 3-4 clean hits with Wesker but the thing was he didn't drop his Wesker combos so as you already know touch of death in this game...

I don't think Zak blocked that Rapid slash into swords once, and if you look back at F. Champ's match he blocked all but like 2. Noticeable lack of Vergil knowledge or experience by Zak.

Wha? As far as I can tell there is at most only 1 Vergil remaining on the bracket and that's Antman. 90%+ of the Vergils/Weskers are eliminated already. His fight should be up against Omega Red who has I believe a Wolverine/Wesker/Sentinel team which in terms of match up, Zak has the one up on but Omega's Wolverine is fucking hungry.

Ain't a thing in the world that can stop a good Wolverine with momentum.

Dahbomb

I definitely agree that Zak may not have the experience or match up knowledge to hang with the best due to the community that he is in. He needs a better environment to grow as a player and he may not be able to do so in the UK for Marvel. His other UK partner Syn Don D got bodied fairly early but he's hanging in there.

He's still my dark horse and I have stuck to my guns ever since. He at least made it top 8 so I am happy for that.

Top Bottom