• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shane Satterfield: Wii U will cost $299

antonz

that's why they're called 'fans' ... the line up is not good . Gimmicky zombie game? seriously

Considering the entire lineup has not been revealed and Shane has even said as much specifically mentioning titles he knows coming werent announced or shown.

Gimmicky Zombie game really? Its the cloest thing to a real survivor horror game we have seen in years.

Hey. IMO the Zombie game is the stand out of that lineup. But otherwise, yeah, it's a lineup only a Nintendo fan could love.

Rayman Legends and P-100 are things only a Nintendo fan could love?

Oh i don't doubt he has inside info, but i'm not sure even nintendo has a set date and price yet

At this point, yes they 95% know the date and price because they have to ramp up production heading towards the date. I'm sure stores probably know too.

Sheroking

that's why they're called 'fans' ... the line up is not good . Gimmicky zombie game? seriously

The line-up being good or bad is subjective.

I don't think it's fantastic. I do think it's, by a healthy margin, the best looking launch line-up we've seen since 2001 (which isn't a big feat).

Eusis

Then again he did state pre E3 that the Wii U lineup was looking pretty good and based on what was shown most people would disagree. Hmmm....
Eh, that's really subjective and honestly I was surprised at how bad the backlash was. Not that I didn't want BETTER, but what was shown was very solid and it was mainly an issue of wanting stuff like Retro's game shown.

VICI0US

about what I expected given nintendo's history. they've never released a system for more than $299, and I didn't expect them to start now.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Stepping back from the E3 disaster, I think the launch window lineup is pretty solid, actually.

Derrick01

Banned
I think that's an acceptable price given that it appears to be a bit on the weaker side but the tablet inflates the price quite a bit probably. But $300 is ok and what I said was my limit in older threads.

He also said the Wii U launch line up is looking pretty damn good. Yep

Yeah then there's this. Unless that zombie game is a launch game there's nothing worthwhile at launch.

Thoraxes

After playing the Wii U, I would be totally cool with that price. The lineup of games they've already made known were a ton of fun, and definitely worth purchase.

lenovox1

Lol what, he's the head of gametrailers and regularly has things shown to him months in advance.

He probably has some sources at Nintendo, and he may have heard something through the grapevine, but he still just a journalist. He won't know the official price until we do: when the press release goes out.

zroid

Banned
Do people really still think the Wii U's launch lineup is bad?

In what world is NSMB U, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Zombi U, Project P-100, and Nintendo Land (and a bunch of other multiplatform titles) a bad lineup?

Even a Nintendo non-fan has to admit that's a very high quality list

The hardcore fan base makes up most of any type of launch usually. As long as the Nintendo fan base is content (they would regardless of what the lineup was), with the launch, Nintendo's fine.

Or maybe you have different taste then I do, which for some reason, is hard for me to comprehend?

fixed.

JeTmAn81

$299 seems alright. A historic high for Nintendo, but inflation makes things cost more and that's not insanely expensive for a decent HD system.

1-D_FTW

Rayman Legends and P-100 are things only a Nintendo fan could love?

At this point, yes they 95% know the date and price because they have to ramp up production heading towards the date. I'm sure stores probably know too.

I'll give you Rayman Legends. I totally forgot about that one. But that's only because I have zero faith it won't be on every platform under the moon within 6 months. So I just subconsciously lump it in with all the other multi-platform titles.

In what world is NSMB U, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Zombi U, Project P-100, and Nintendo Land (and a bunch of other multiplatform titles) a bad lineup?

I understand people not interested in the titles say if they are a huge FPS junkie or something, but I don't see how the lineup could be called bad. Mediocre maybe?

Thoraxes

People who haven't tried the games yet are the people who say that.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Probably about a $100 dollars too much. And any guesses on the price of a second pad?

I think that's an acceptable price given that it appears to be a bit on the weaker side but the tablet inflates the price quite a bit probably. But $300 is ok and what I said was my limit in older threads.

Yeah then there's this. Unless that zombie game is a launch game there's nothing worthwhile at launch.

Subjective.

Kacho

Pfft haha.

Anyway, that sounds about right and I believe mostly everyone was guessing that before E3. It's the right price to launch the console at.

The big question is how much the software will be.

People who currently own a 360 and/or PS3 think the lineup is bad yes... Wii only owners have a lot to look forward to however.

Top Bottom