• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero – Pirate Queen’s Quest Teaser Trailer!

Here's the teaser trailer for Risky Boots' campaign in Half-Genie Hero!

Description from video here:
The Shantae adventure continues with Premium DLC for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero!

Just as Shantae and her inventor Uncle put the finishing touches on the powerful new Dynamo, the bodacious buccaneer Risky Boots shows up to steal it!

Playing the role of the evil pirate, it's your job to find the FIVE COMPONENTS you'll need to upgrade the Dynamo and bend Sequin Land to your will! Pillage, loot, and plunder your way to the ultimate showdown against the Half-Genie runt and win the day for pirates everywhere!

• Take on any world in any order!
• Slice your foes to ribbons with Risky's Scimitar, or blast away with her Pistol!
• Master Pirate Gear like the Bomb Shot, Grappling Hook, Hat Glide, Cannon Jump, and more!
• Deploy Tinkerbat crewmen to turn the tide of battle!
• Collect Cursed Magic to customize Risky's abilities any way you like!
• Brand new enemies, puzzles, and storyline!

Coming this summer to Nintendo Switch, Wii U, PS4, PSvita, Xbox One, and Steam for Windows PC! Prices and release date to be announced!

Lock if old.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nice! I hope her abilities play like the ones you collect in Pirate's Curse.
I'm pretty sure they confirmed that she will indeed play like Shantae from Pirate's Curse. I even saw the Cannon Jump in the trailer.

Nice to see that the stages are altered to give it a more unique playthrough. Hoping the price is right.

JackelZXA

Finally, an e3 announcement for me to get excited about!

Other than DBZ.

At about 18 seconds it looks like there's some...[risque content]. (sorry for that weakass pun...looks like that's the level select screen for this dlc though...oh gosh and golly!)

I haven't played hardcore mode yet but I'll definitely be giving this a run as soon as it's out!

Giolon

I guess I'll have to pay for this on Switch since that version's excluded from backer perks :(. Oh well. I'm supporting Shantae and a great developer.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I guess I'll have to pay for this on Switch since that version's excluded from backer perks :(. Oh well. I'm supporting Shantae and a great developer.

I believe the upcoming retail version will include the Risky Boots content on the cartridge.

kickstarter update about it
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero/posts/1910122
------------------------------------------------

Update #103 Jun 12, 2017

Happy E3 2017 Week!

Howdy Backers!

As you know, E3 week is the busiest week of the year for the game industry, with folks flying in from all over the globe to meet, play games, and talk business at the LA Convention Center! WayForward will be there too, showing off the latest and greatest content for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero! We hope you'll all have a fun and informative E3 week! We've got a lot to share with you, so let's dive in!

Introducing Pirate Queen's Quest

jxos5pZ.png

Our Risky Boots Mode now has a name: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero – Pirate Queen's Quest! This will be our first Premium DLC Pack, and of course it will be free to all Backers. Development of this mode is nearly complete. We're down to minor balancing and testing, and we expect it to release sometime in the July/August timeframe for all platforms.

Click here to enjoy your first look at Pirate Queen's Quest!

Enemy ScorpGal!

ScorpGal, another of our Game Boy favorites is making her return in the upcoming Risky Boots DLC, ”Pirate Queen's Quest!". As you might expect, ScorpGal inhabits the desert levels of the game, and is a high risk/high reward enemy. If you need to gather up loot, take the time to engage in deadly combat with this fierce foe!

Enemy Mummy!

This versatile villain from Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is a welcome addition to Risky's adventure. He appears in desert and spooky locations, and can even be carried on the wings of eagles! You'll need to unravel the mystery behind this foe's weakness if you want to survive. There must be some way to send him spinning!

Tinkerbat Dance Codes Update!

The download codes for the Tinkerbat Dance have started to arrive! Once we have them for all platforms, we'll release them to everyone at the same time. We can't wait for you to try it out!

Physical Rewards Update!

After a lengthy search, we've found our poster manufacturer! The company ”YesAnime" will be manufacturing (and framing) our lenticular print. They have extensive experience converting anime box artwork to lenticular posters, which are sold at Anime Expo and other conventions. We've decided to go with a smaller size poster that comes pre-framed, because they're sturdy, easy to display, and look awesome! Here's a preview of the poster all 3-D-ified (in animated gif format).

Other physical rewards:

Coin!
Our coin manufacturer is locked in! We're going with a 1.75 inch ”antique gold" colored coin with text engraved on the edge, and an image of Risky and Shantae on either side.

Shirts!
Our manufacturer has done a fresh batch of sample shirts for us, and we're digging the quality. We'll send you an update once we have a final image for you!

Music CD!
Our Backer Exclusive OST and bonus tracks are now ready for manufacturing. This now includes additional tracks from the upcoming Risky Boots, Friends, and Costumes DLC! Hooray for music!

Art Book!
The team is pouring through favorite concept images and character designs for inclusion in the book! As a reminder, some pages will be exclusive to backers, even if we do a publicly available art book later on.

Nintendo Switch Version!

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is out now for Nintendo Switch! The digital version is being published by WayForward, and the retail version will be published by Xseed. Price, release date, and other details will be announce by Xseed!

For those asking, unfortunately there is no way to transfer save data or DLC content between a Wii U system and a Nintendo Switch system. Sorry for the inconvenience.

--------------------

zigg

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is out now for Nintendo Switch! The digital version is being published by WayForward, and the retail version will be published by Xseed. Price, release date, and other details will be announce by Xseed!

This is a week+ old press release, but it looks like the physical release on Switch will contain the DLC, likely so they can charge the Switch tax. (I'm in)

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

[Platform: Nintendo Switch; Release: Summer 2017] – Following a successful launch on the PlayStation®4, ”PSVita" and Wii U™ systems, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is headed to Nintendo Switch with new content as fresh as the open sea. The Nintendo Switch version of this hair-whipping action platformer comes packed with the game's upcoming Risky Boots DLC, Pirate Queen's Quest! In this salty new adventure, players take the role of Shantae's arch nemesis Risky Boots, as she travels to the four corners of Sequin Land in search of components needed to deliver its destruction. New puzzles, new enemies, and all new gameplay aim to augment this already awesome adventure. This title has been rated ”T for Teen" by the ESRB.

http://www.xseedgames.com/2017/06/0...rance-with-senran-kagura-producer-to-e3-2017/

Top Bottom