• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shark Week 2014 - Time for some shark jumping

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is that time of the year again! Time to watch some jumping sharks on the Discovery Channel. Tomorrow is the beginning of the week-long tribute to sharks. Here is a schedule and a "trailer":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04EXlOSa280

Sunday:

8 p.m. EDT – “Air Jaws: Fins of Fury”

9 p.m. EDT – “Shark of Darkness: Wrath of Submarine”

11 p.m. EDT – “Shark After Dark”

Monday:

9 p.m. EDT – “Jaws Strikes Back”

10 p.m. EDT – “Monster Hammerhead”

Tuesday:

9 p.m. EDT – “Alien Sharks: Return to the Abyss”

10 p.m. EDT – “Lair of the Mega Sharks”

Wednesday:

9 p.m. EDT – “Zombie Sharks”

10 p.m. EDT – “Spawn of Jaws: The Birth”

Thursday:

9 p.m. EDT – “I Escaped Jaws 2”

10 p.m. EDT – “Sharkageddon”

Friday, Aug. 15:

8 p.m. EDT – “Megalodon: The Extended Cut”

10 p.m. EDT – “Megalodon: The New Evidence”

Saturday, Aug. 16:

9 p.m. EDT – “Great White Matrix”

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
i3J0tTme0lb4F.gif

DarkKyo

Sharks are boring(or maybe I should just say overrated). Shark week was stupid starting after the 3rd or 4th year of it.

9 p.m. EDT – “Shark of Darkness: Wrath of Submarine”
10 p.m. EDT – “Monster Hammerhead”
10 p.m. EDT – “Lair of the Mega Sharks”
8 p.m. EDT – “Megalodon: The Extended Cut”
10 p.m. EDT – “Megalodon: The New Evidence”

I'm gonna watch the shit out of this - last year's Megalodon docudrama was mildly entertaining - but Shark Week really has been stepping it up with the clickbait.

I was disappointed with the fictional mockumentary stuff last year. But, I'm happy that we are getting more than just Great White shows this year.

I sure hate what they started last year... I'm watching the special on Submarine right now and I think I should assume it's fake after the Megalodon fiasco last year

Geez, this fake shit is disgusting. Where's the fucking science? One week a year, I expect some science from what's left of the "Discovery" Channel. This is just fear mongering SyFy wanna-be crap. WTF Discovery?

Vinci

Danish
I sure hate what they started last year... I'm watching the special on Submarine right now and I think I should assume it's fake after the Megalodon fiasco last year

It's fake. It basically says so with the disclaimer about how the shark's existence is controversial. If the Coast Guard had that much footage of the shark, what would be controversial? You would have the scar, the scale, and it eating people.

So yeah, it's more Megalodon nonsense. Better quality nonsense but still nonsense.

Fatalah

The dramatized show is utter garbage.

I watched the documentary that aired at 7pm EST, with a shark expert named Greg. His enthusiasm was contagious! I think it was Air Jaws from last year.

It's fake. It basically says so with the disclaimer about how the shark's existence is controversial. If the Coast Guard had that much footage of the shark, what would be controversial? You would have the scar, the scale, and it eating people.

So yeah, it's more Megalodon nonsense. Better quality nonsense but still nonsense.

Yeah, I definitely realized it was fake just a few minutes into it when they showed that ridiculous "video footage" of the giant shark lol. I wish they'd show more legitimate documentaries.

That last special was awesome. The shark striking the shark cam from below was incredible.

Unfortunately, this hammerhead special came on and I've spent the entire time trying to figure out if this is another staged special, thanks to Discovery's insistence on these fake documentaries lately.

kaskade

I've been disappointed with shark week lately. It's turned into all these dramatizations and kinda monster shark things. I want to learn about them, behavior and stuff. If they had a few of them on there for variety, that's fine. It just seems like it's pretty much every show now.

Epix

This still remains the coolest shark related show I've seen,

expedition-great-white-shark-deck_21271_600x450.jpg

I've been watching Shark Week and I feel like it's getting stale. Air Jaws was 60 min of looking for a particular shark they saw two years ago. The Submarine show was a CGI fabrication and dramatization expose. What happened to pushing the technological envelope? I want to see 10,000fps HD slow-mo overhead camera footage of breaching sharks. I want to see free diving and dorsal surfing with great whites. Really seems like they've run out of things to do and are rehashing old footage and/or making low-budget CG films.

I watched the documentary that aired at 7pm EST, with a shark expert named Greg. His enthusiasm was contagious! I think it was Air Jaws from last year.

The guy riding on the homemade female Great White-shaped decoy has balls of steel. Nice touch to take him along for the rest of the hunt.

Also, the Megalodon show was just embarrassing. I really wish Discovery would ditch that format. There are bound to be people out there who miss the disclaimer that it's all fiction. By all means, a show about Megalodon is cool, but stick to the facts/theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom