• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shatter Remastered is the revival of a highly rated PS3 and PC classic on modern platforms

Agent X

Shatter was a highly acclaimed downloadable game that was released on PlayStation 3 in 2009, and on PC in 2010. Players on and off NeoGAF loved this brick-breaking game in the vein of Breakout and Arkanoid, with clever play mechanics, intense boss battles, and an awesome musical soundtrack.

A few years later, Sidhe/PikPok announced that they would produce new versions of Shatter for other platforms. Many of us have waited patiently as the years passed.

True believers, the day has arrived. Shatter Remastered is available now!

This new version of the game is available exclusively for Netflix members with mobile devices using Android or iOS. While these might not be the platforms you were hoping to see the game released for, it turns out that Shatter Remastered makes a great portable game. You can enjoy the same "risk vs. reward" play mechanics, crazy bosses, and intense soundtrack, all in the palm of your hand. More information can be found in the following article:

I haven't bothered with any of the other Netflix games, but this one is definitely a quality effort that's worth playing. Give it a try, and hope that it encourages Netflix to keep offering games of similarly high quality...and also hope that the game also makes its way to more platforms soon.

Emet_bp

Would love to see the Shatter 2 on the new consoles. IMO first Shatter was the best arkanoid-style game since... Arkanoid 😶

GametimeUK

I loved the original game. Cool little game and I think a mobile version makes a lot of sense. It would be a great fit for Nintendo Switch too.

Deft Beck

I really hope this isn't a permanent exclusive. Feels like they took this for the money and not for any other good reason.

yurinka

I loved this game on PS3, and would be nice to see it in modern consoles. I have Neflix but don't want to play this on mobile.

PhaseJump

Banned
Scrolled by and my brain read "Shatner" remastered.

tumblr_p39ws0IjHh1vaqoiqo1_400.gifv

Kuranghi

This is a fucking great game! The gameplay is varied and fun as hell and I still listen to the soundtrack to this day.

00_Zer0

I loved this game on PS3, and would be nice to see it in modern consoles. I have Neflix but don't want to play this on mobile.
Yeah, I have it on PC. No way I'm playing this on mobile. I used to get mobile games all the time(sometimes I still do) thinking I would casually play them once in awhile, but like playing Switch as a hand held, it's just not for me. I like to play games on a TV. Hopefully, Netflix let's this game go multi platform at some point then this remaster will have my interest.

stranno

Finished it today and it is a fairly decent Breakout clone.

Anyone knows if Shatter had an iPad version back in the day? It was announced, but I cannot find any more information. If it came out, it's definitely lost.

Agent X

Do you need more Shatter in your life? Then you might be pleased to hear that Shatter Remastered Deluxe is coming later this year to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Switch, and PC!

Key Features:
  • Vibrant 3D style presented across 10 distinct worlds.
  • A unique “Suck and Blow” mechanic that gives you more control when targeting attacks.
  • 71 levels of intense action that present new challenges as you progress.
  • Nine incredible Boss battles that will push your brick-breaking skills to the limit.
  • Includes five game modes:
    • Story – Explore the full Shatter Remastered Deluxe experience across 71 exciting levels.
    • Endless – Stay alive as long as possible to chase your highest score.
    • Boss Rush – Take on all nine bosses back to back in the ultimate challenge.
    • Time Attack – Get the highest score you can in a limited time.
    • Couch Co-Op – Team up with a friend and compete for the best score.
  • Global leaderboards so you can track your high scores against the best brick-breakers in the world.
  • Highly acclaimed original synthwave soundtrack, remixed and remastered in 5.1 surround sound.

Read more about Shatter Remastered Deluxe at the following articles:

Top Bottom