• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3 delayed to 2019

IIRC there are two main towns confirmed; one is more modern with arcade machines and whatnot, while the other is more traditional.

I believe there are three locations in this game so it will cover chapters 5-7.

That leaves 4 more to go (assuming Yu Suzuki is sticking to his 11 chapter vision, which seems to be the case) so I'd guess the story will probably conclude with Shenmue 4, assuming the 3rd one sells well enough to fund it.

Last edited:
Thats the worry - if 3 doesn’t sell it would be worse than having to wait 20 years again as the series would be dead. We should all support the shenmue cause!

They should have just gone with some artwork or something. New logo continues to look awful.
Agreed. Even this would have been better:
Untitled-1.png

Data Ghost

As a massive fan of the originals I know in my heart that Shenmue 3 will feel really dated when it finally arrives. They were incredible games for their time and packed in a lot of detail that other games just didn't have. Over the years however, the sheer amount of detail in games has increased dramatically.

Will I buy Shenmue 3 though? Absolutely! Will I enjoy every second in it? Hell Yeah!

The Snake

As a massive fan of the originals I know in my heart that Shenmue 3 will feel really dated when it finally arrives. They were incredible games for their time and packed in a lot of detail that other games just didn't have. Over the years however, the sheer amount of detail in games has increased dramatically.

Will I buy Shenmue 3 though? Absolutely! Will I enjoy every second in it? Hell Yeah!

While detail in games has improved, Few games feel as "alive" as the two Shenmue games do.

I agree that this will feel dated to many people but I suspect it will have a really beautiful artistic vision of a living microcosm like the other two.

Honestly it could just be a series of cutscenes and I'd still be just as anxious to get more Shenmue.

Top Bottom