• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3 Extended Trailer | MAGIC 2018 - Cam Footage

Jcgamer60

Here is cam footage of the extended trailer shown to fans attending MAGIC 2018. This was actually originally shown to gaming press behind closed doors at Gamescom 2017.

WaterAstro

... just get Sega's help and have the Yakuza team do their character models.

Anyway, some pretty cool gameplay stuff shown. I wonder if some of those QTE occurs during a fight.

Fbh

As someone who only played a bit of Shenmue 2 and didn't like it I think it looks fine. Let's not forget that this doesn't have the budget of Horizon or Assassins Creed

BANGS

Banned
As possibly the biggest Shenmue fan on this website, even I have to admit I'm worried this will be vaporware or MN9 quality at best...

This has already been discussed to death as this was previously shown at Gamescon 2017 and actually even a good bit before that to some backers so the build itself is even older than that.

The reason the faces look so weird is that they have literally no animation turned on at the time of this video. They had facial animations but had to remove them due to some bugs with their rigging system. The final game will obviously have facial animations, it's just that the general public doesn't normally get to see a game at these early WIP stages so people compare it to verticle slices or finished PR promo material from other games.

The models themselves in this vid are also not final so I wouldn't be too worried about the progress/quality of the game.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Yeah the PR for this game is awful. Showing off footage that is already outdated at a game show... real fucking smart...

We've already seen new screenshots that look better than the screenshots they showed off as well. The management here is out of control...

1morerobot

I so hope this game captures the feel of the originals. I'm kind of split on it right now based on the little we've seen. I don't really care too much about the faces looking weird, but what I do mind is Shenhua doesn't look like Shenhua! Like at all, imo.

And that logo just sucks. Sorry Yu.

Sailent

Banned
This has already been discussed to death as this was previously shown at Gamescon 2017 and actually even a good bit before that to some backers so the build itself is even older than that.

The reason the faces look so weird is that they have literally no animation turned on at the time of this video. They had facial animations but had to remove them due to some bugs with their rigging system. The final game will obviously have facial animations, it's just that the general public doesn't normally get to see a game at these early WIP stages so people compare it to verticle slices or finished PR promo material from other games.

The models themselves in this vid are also not final so I wouldn't be too worried about the progress/quality of the game.

Your comment was a breeze of fresh air, godamn I was really really worried.

Top Bottom