• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oriel

Totally bizarre isn't it. How would it matter if Shenmue beat it by $5 or $500,000 or was $5 away? I'm trying to fathom, is some title of being the most awesomist hardest-corest fans at stake here?

KS is getting these games made for the fans and whatever the money generated has nothing to do with anything else and solely down to the interest. Every backer should be doing cartwheels instead of saying "bad news guys, some other KS is going to get higher than us".

I just look at these and think it's great they've been backed in a substantial way and hope they all get a decent game.

It's bullshit right? Who cares if S3 gets more money than Bloodstained, IGA has more than enough to make his dream game.

filly

I'm going for the rarer still PC box. That standard DVD case in a box will surely appreciate in time.

Both good options, demand is greater for the PS4 version currently. But the PC version will be rarer. Demand and Supply, I don't think either one is a bad pick for a collector looking to profit in the future...

KageMaru

Upped my pledge again, really wish I could do more but I may be at my limit.

jJepdk2GwMbFq.png

Spaghetti

it's a bit sad the bloodstained backers are acting like that, but i guess out shouting of "let's beat bloodstained!" doesn't help either. at the end of it? we both get the games we've wanted for a long time.

Surta

this is going to get a lot of use when someone looks through this thread for crow eating candidates

I don't know what that means. I just hope it won't get abused by certain sites (gaming blog XYZ: "Suzuki gives fans the finger and runs off with their money").

Oh Christ, now I'm tempted to use that as my avatar.

Hehe, be my guest. Maybe I should have spent a bit more time on it, but I also didn't want to make it look too convincing, for the reason mentioned above.

filly

it's a bit sad the bloodstained backers are acting like that, but i guess out shouting of "let's beat bloodstained!" doesn't help either. at the end of it? we both get the games we've wanted for a long time.

Its sad because I don't think anyone's sentiment is to "beat" bloodstained to prove that shenmue is beatter. I am sure it is just the fact that getting the record will warrant an article in the gaming press hence wider marketing... only 25 hours to go!

benzy

Yeah, playing the two games back to back you can see the improvements so clearly. It can be hard to remember the progress they made with just the sequel in terms of how it played etc, especially if you haven't played them in a while.

Yep, 2 is personally my favorite but I can see why some people might like 1 more in terms of the world.

Jomjom

Banned
Man I really hope we can reach 6 mil at least. I think maybe tomorrow I'll up my pledge again. Come on we need to reach at least one battle enhancement!

Resilient

Tomorrow I will pledge separately for the PC version physical copy, because you guys bring up the good point of it being quite valuable. So $360 all up. Shenmue bros, I did my part.

Coxy

10. Fewer QTEs
9. Explanation Of The Back Story
8. No Job System
7. Full Map And GPS
6. Quick Travel
5. Online Battle Arena
4. Updated Fighting System
3. Proper Subquests
2. Better Voice Acting
1. Faster Paced Story

and add guns and cars and swearing and let me kill NPCs!!!11
they should get Michael Bay in to help on this

GavinGT

Banned
LOL at the goals. $5.6M = "Yay record" and $6M = expanded battle system

On the fence with a $60 backing right now...

Said I would if they added a physical ps4 copy. Need to put my money where my mouth is.

"Expanded battle system" = free battle. That is a HUGE goal.

orochi91

Pledged $60 for the PS4 Physical Copy.

I hope I don't regret this, considering this won't hit the $7.5 million stretch goals I wanted :/

Pledged $60 for the PS4 Physical Copy.

I hope I don't regret this, considering this won't hit the $7.5 million stretch goals I wanted :/

Nothing like good press from a record breaking crowd funding campaign to get private investors to pump money into YsNet and Shibuya Productions.

Spaghetti

Nothing like good press from a record breaking crowd funding campaign to get private investors to pump money into YsNet and Shibuya Productions.
yeah. getting private investors for a game like this (i.e something they can't take a slice of the IP rights with) is very difficult but a kickstarter exceeding 6 million dollars should be a really strong case for bringing more people in.

it's paramount we all keep pushing and pledging though. there's no way to tell what happens after the KS ends, and we need the battle goal.

orochi91

Indeed, though realistically which investors would step up and help fund this game?

I assumed, initially, Sony WWS would do it, but it's not a first party game so their involvement will be non-existent.

Has anyone else hinted at funding Shemue 3?

Spaghetti

Indeed, though realistically which investors would step up and to help fund this game?

I assumed, initially, Sony WWS would do it, but it's not a first party game so their involvement will be non-existent.

Has anyone else hinted at funding Shemue 3?
the investors might not be part of the video games business. they could be private individuals, firms, etc. as of now, no hints.

Emulators? Ugh....Can't beat the original Dreamcast experience.
Mind donating me a Dreamcast that turns on and Shenmue disc 2? Mine has trouble turning on, and my disc 2 is cracked :(

How about a PAL DC so I can play my EU copy of 2 without emulation?

Besides, I enjoy getting shots of Shenmue in widescreen. Already beaten the game twice when I was younger.

umfbB3.png

Mind donating me a Dreamcast that turns on and Shenmue disc 2? Mine has trouble turning on, and my disc 2 is cracked :(

Besides, I enjoy getting shots of Shenmue in widescreen. Already beaten the game twice when I was younger.

umfbB3.png

Burn a boot disc. Or you could sell it to me. =)

Spaghetti

umfbB3.png
nulldc or demul?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom