• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oriel

Mind donating me a Dreamcast that turns on and Shenmue disc 2? Mine has trouble turning on, and my disc 2 is cracked :(

How about a PAL DC so I can play my EU copy of 2 without emulation?

Besides, I enjoy getting shots of Shenmue in widescreen. Already beaten the game twice when I was younger.

Sorry, mine is currently indisposed what with catching up with the Shenmue series after all these years. I may be some time. ;)

Spaghetti

we're in the final hour of the penultimate day with 260k and nearly 2700 backers.

i think we can finish this day touching the 5.4 mark. i think it's totally possible the last push can get us that 600k we need to hit 6 million and smash one more stretch goal before the whistle is blown.

Sorry, mine is currently indisposed what with catching up with the Shenmue series after all these years. I may be some time. ;)
Then please forgive my inability to play on and record the game off of my DC.

Emulation will have to do, and can result in some nice 1080p screens at times (though for recording purposes I captured at 720p in 4:3 so the extra geometry on the edges would stop going nuts).

Spaghetti

i should really get on one more gif for tomorrow evening.

ugh why do i have to woooooork. i've just wanted to play shenmue over and over these past four weeks.

Oriel

Then please forgive my inability to play on and record the game off of my DC.

Emulation will have to do, and can result in some nice 1080p screens at times (though for recording purposes I captured at 720p in 4:3 so the extra geometry on the edges would stop going nuts).

It's a shame the DC emu scene wasn't as advanced as the PS2.

gelf

Its great not checking for a while and seeing how much the total has shot up, its already past what I ever dared hope for. Its a beautiful thing.

WtHfuw3.gif

If we can get the advanced Free battle that would be amazing.

EmiPrime

Is YS going to use Makuake for a second round of crowd funding for the Japanese fans? That added onto the Kickstarter money would hopefully cover all the battle system stretch goals.

kiuo

Has there been any mention of some sort of payment system like paypal for after kickstarter ends yet? I really want to see us get to 10million or atleast the 7.5million mark.

GavinGT

Banned
Has there been any mention of some sort of payment system like paypal for after kickstarter ends yet? I really want to see us get to 10million or atleast the 7.5million mark.

Suzuki said he hasn't decided yet. Which sounds like he will do it, but he'd rather we donate now. This makes sense, because they need to plan a budget now and not rely on money trickling in.

Elios83

Last day!!

Seems like passing Bloodstained is pretty certain at this point.
Reaching 6m is still possible but it's a bit of a best case case scenario.
Fingers crossed, if they have big news and updates to share this is their last chance.

kiuo

Suzuki said he hasn't decided yet. Which sounds like he will do it, but he'd rather we donate now. This makes sense, because they need to plan a budget now and not rely on money trickling in.

Ah i see, yeah that does make sense. Hope for the best for the game's development then. Thanks for the info!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
YES, MOTHERFUCKER.

God damn, it felt good to back this. Never backed any other project in my life, and I'm glad it was this.

Even if I have not played previous games, I just have to back this. I even jumped around excited when it was announced. Lets get this thing to 6 million and beyond!

Koobion

Come on 6.5 million! I really want those ragdoll reactions!

That's the goal I've been hoping for too. Ragdolls make the world go 'round.

I've yet to back this, and now is finally the time. I'm so torn on whether or not I should get the physical version for PC or PS4 though. I'm more of a PC gamer, but I feel like I'd value a physical PS4 game more than a PC one. Anybody else have that same feeling?

Spaghetti

I've yet to back this, and now is finally the time. I'm so torn on whether or not I should get the physical version for PC or PS4 though. I'm more of a PC gamer, but I feel like I'd value a physical PS4 game more than a PC one. Anybody else have that same feeling?
could always back twice. one ps4 copy with exclusive cover. one digital pc.

gelf

Yeah I never value physical copies of PC games, they feel more of an inconvenience then anything. I went for the PS4 physical with a mind to buying the digital PC release later sometime after it comes out.

orochi91

Get the PS4 version.

Buy the PC version during a Steam sale the following year.

Vire

Hope they have something in store to drum up publicity on the final day..

Really should save an ace up your sleeve.

GavinGT

Banned
Looking at various Kickstarters, the final day is typically between 2.2-2.5X the second to last day.

It looks like we'll end today with about $275,000. That means tomorrow could yield anywhere from $605,000 to $687,500. These would put the grand total anywhere between $5,965,000 and $6,047,500.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
You know guys, pledging 80$ and seeing yours really makes me realize the giant effort some of you are doing to help this game. You're all really awesome.

DEATH_INC

Neo Member
Went ahead and made a second account for a physical ps4 copy. Don't have a ps4 yet but will be getting one soon. Now I get a physical copy for all platforms! Double the new Shenmue game smell :D

Nights87

Ok so this is the first kickstarter im putting towards.
Im broke as **** but I want to put in $100. Gotta support my man Suzuki.

The $100 reward seemed good but it seems i only get the PC physical version?
I want the PS4 physical version. What are my options? Select PS4 physical edition reward and up my pledge to $100?

DEATH_INC

Neo Member
Ok so this is the first kickstarter im putting towards.
Im broke as **** but I want to put in $100. Gotta support my man Suzuki.

The $100 reward seemed good but it seems i only get the PC physical version?
I want the PS4 physical version. What are my options? Select PS4 physical edition reward and up my pledge to $100?

I'm pretty sure you will get to choose which physical copy you want at the end the kickstarter via survey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom