• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Ryo_

YESSSSS, we beat Bloodstained backer number! :D

However, there is a catch here.

On the surface of the visual side of kickstarter, but not in actual number.

You see, many people that have backed have done so over several accounts, sometimes even as high as three or four of them in order to get rewards they wouldn't be able to obtain otherwise, which means the stated number on Kickstarter isn't actually a realistic representation of the amount of backers the project has. I suspect it's much less and actually around 40-53,000 actual real backers.

Bloodstained and other kickstarters had other options such as addons, which means there was no need for people to pledge from multiple accounts, as well as a Pay Pal option for users who wished to pledge outside of kickstarter.

Now, I'm not trying to be negative here because on the surface of Kickstarter, it's amazing a great milestone reached and it should definitely be celebrated but in reality you can't deny that Bloodstained more than likely has much more backers than Shenmue 3 under the surface.

It's just visually, on the surface Shenmue 3 shows a higher number. Math says this is not true though

The Silverlord

Neo Member
I just donated $60 for the Shenmue physical edition. This is my first kickstarter so I hope my money goes to a good cause. I'm not the type of person who likes paying for something I won't see for years but I think Shenmue is worth it.

It's also my first kickstarter contribution :). Greatly enjoyed playing the original games, and just had to contribute something to this. Big shout out to Mr. Raincloud for the reminder, or I would have been, er, 'kicking' myself!

You see, many people that have backed have done so over several accounts, sometimes even as high as three or four of them in order to get rewards they wouldn't be able to obtain otherwise, which means the stated number on Kickstarter isn't actually a realistic representation of the amount of backers the project has. I suspect it's much less and actually around 40-53,000 actual real backers.

Bloodstained and other kickstarters had other options such as addons, which means there was no need for people to pledge from multiple accounts, as well as a Pay Pal option for users who wished to pledge outside of kickstarter.

Now, I'm not trying to be negative here because on the surface of Kickstarter, it's amazing a great milestone reached and it should definitely be celebrated but in reality you can't deny that Bloodstained more than likely has much more backers than Shenmue 3 under the surface.

It's just visually, on the surface Shenmue 3 shows a higher number. Math says this is not true though

You think 1 in 5 people made a second account and pledged twice?

I reckon it's maybe 1 in 50 or 1 in 100

dlbeast

Get an Xbox One and you will become a first class citizen. :p

300 posts and like 3 months of being on the site

lol..... ps4 here. wife like we need xbox one to get rare collection... a month before she was like i know u like forza but hell hath no fury..... as she got her ps4.............thanks to rare i can be even more of a game whore and have both systems!

danwarb

I doubt backers with multiple accounts constitute even a 10th of your guess.

I'm going to pick a random date for the game to be launched, like December 1st.

Then, I'll do this:

December 1 2015 - start Shenmue
December 1 2016 - start Shenmue II
December 1 2017 - start Shenmue III

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I feel awful that I can't contribute to this game but I've been saving up to go to GenCon at the end of this month. This Kickstarter came at pretty much the worst time for me. I would have been in for a $60 physical PC copy if I could swing it =\

I'm glad it's going to hit $6 million, at least.

what if people's cards get declined when kickstarted draws the amount at the close of the campain? Some of those bigger ones could take it under the goal if its really close on the 6 mil.
I've had that happen to me before (Bloodstained) but KS gives you 48 hours after the campaign ends to sort the card problems if the charge doesn't go through the first time. I changed to a different card and the pledge was valid.

Loudninja

I feel awful that I can't contribute to this game but I've been saving up to go to GenCon at the end of this month. This Kickstarter came at pretty much the worst time for me. I would have been in for a $60 physical PC copy if I could swing it =\

I'm glad it's going to hit $6 million, at least.
Dont feel bad man I am in the same boat as you its not much we can do but buy the game when it comes out :)

I'm sure the number of people using multiple accounts for this is insignificant. If we get 1000 more, I'd be absolutely certain we beat it in real backer numbers. I seriously doubt there's even that many double accounts.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Do Bloodstained's final numbers account for failed payments after the ending of the campaign?

Spaghetti

wHP5zCH.gif

ryo: us

guy: doubters

Kazer

Already pledged $300, but think I'll create another account for DAT PC physical copy. I wish they would've allowed add on copies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom