• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wHP5zCH.gif

What are you using for capture? Are you using VGA?

100K in 5 hours is very attainable. I think we'll come up just short of 6.5 unless there's some bomba dropped in the final hour.

A part of me wants to up my pledge, but I've over spent this month. I've also never played a Shenmue. My $60 physical PS4 copy will have to do.

Really crossing my fingers for 1&2 remasters, but if not I will track copies down before 3 drops.

What a fantastic day for Shenmue fans and gamers in general.

Pagusas

Elden Member
so lets pretend it ends around 6.2ish, what lost feature are you going to be most disappointed by?

High ground battle system will be mine.

YESSSSS, we beat Bloodstained backer number! :D

However, there is a catch here.

On the surface of the visual side of kickstarter, but not in actual number.

You see, many people that have backed have done so over several accounts, sometimes even as high as three or four of them in order to get rewards they wouldn't be able to obtain otherwise, which means the stated number on Kickstarter isn't actually a realistic representation of the amount of backers the project has. I suspect it's much less and actually around 40-53,000 actual real backers.

Bloodstained and other kickstarters had other options such as addons, which means there was no need for people to pledge from multiple accounts, as well as a Pay Pal option for users who wished to pledge outside of kickstarter.

Now, I'm not trying to be negative here because on the surface of Kickstarter, it's amazing a great milestone reached and it should definitely be celebrated but in reality you can't deny that Bloodstained more than likely has much more backers than Shenmue 3 under the surface.

It's just visually, on the surface Shenmue 3 shows a higher number. Math says this is not true though

We need to consider that Bloodstained will be release in all platforms tho

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Shenmue is worth it.

Actually, I'm surprised I haven't pissed anyone off yet. Mainly because I just started branching out from the setups threads.

i have only been posting about virtua fighter for like 3 fucking years and no one has told me to stop

so don't worry

Haunted

YESSSSS, we beat Bloodstained backer number! :D

However, there is a catch here.

On the surface of the visual side of kickstarter, but not in actual number.

You see, many people that have backed have done so over several accounts, sometimes even as high as three or four of them in order to get rewards they wouldn't be able to obtain otherwise, which means the stated number on Kickstarter isn't actually a realistic representation of the amount of backers the project has. I suspect it's much less and actually around 40-53,000 actual real backers.

Bloodstained and other kickstarters had other options such as addons, which means there was no need for people to pledge from multiple accounts, as well as a Pay Pal option for users who wished to pledge outside of kickstarter.

Now, I'm not trying to be negative here because on the surface of Kickstarter, it's amazing a great milestone reached and it should definitely be celebrated but in reality you can't deny that Bloodstained more than likely has much more backers than Shenmue 3 under the surface.

It's just visually, on the surface Shenmue 3 shows a higher number. Math says this is not true though
The amount of backers is literally irrelevant.

Only the money matters for Yu and the team.

Rising_Hei

Finally, after almost 14 years since that cliffhanger, when i was barely fourteen years old; the game that made me getting into english so i could understand it

Captura_de_pantalla_2015_07_17_21_31_24.png

My contribution has been done, all hail Shenmue

Danlord

wHP5zCH.gif

ryo: us

guy: doubters

Wow, I am genuinely impressed by that. Cannot wait to see what a modern version of that combat animation looks like.

The only other time I've seen something like this is in The Matrix Online, with the high-end special abilities in the Karate/Aikido/Kung-Fu and even Zen Master skill trees. Wooden Drill Dummy is one of my favourite animations from that.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Slightly annoying that you can't get a physical copy and a digital copy at the same time. I guess/hope the benefits transfer to a digital copy regularly bought after the game's release.

naitosan

Wonder if some publishers that were approached by Mr. Yu are kicking themselves after seeing Shenmue III Kickstarter getting $6 million+. :p

SEGA now has no reason not to release Shenmue 1 & 2 HD on PS4/XB1/PC. It's definetely going to sell very well since everyone want to revisit before Shenmue III releases.

Nibel

I can't believe people try to say that Shenmue is ONLY a QTE game.

It's ignorant bullshitting and it happens to a lot of games. Which is especially shitty in Shenmue case which is such an ambitious and packed videogame. The fighting alone would have worked as standalone game tbh, something like Streets of Rage for example. And there is a lot more what it does

dlbeast

Shenmue is worth it.

Actually, I'm surprised I haven't pissed anyone off yet. Mainly because I just started branching out from the setups threads.

nah u alright in my book. Whats nice is the trolls seemed to be scared of this thread...everytime they come to spew their venom...it gets hammered...and goes away quick.... kinda rare ....i like it!

but what d u mean setup threads( im kinda dense)

I'm really curious to see how mental the pledges get in the final hour or so, if it gets mental at all. Could be a serious barrage of money coming in during those final moments.

_Ryo_

I'm sure the number of people using multiple accounts for this is insignificant. If we get 1000 more, I'd be absolutely certain we beat it in real backer numbers. I seriously doubt there's even that many double accounts.

I am wrong a lot, so probably. :p

But that doesn't really take into account bloodstained pay pal option. How many people donated to Pay Pal there? They still probably have more backers total.

Yep ... I hope Sony or Sega come through and help get physical copies on shelves. That would be nice.

It would be nice, but I'm not counting on it. I figured there would be a high probability it would be on PSN for all, but retail wouldn't get much run. So in for the physical now, and I can grab digital later. Or perhaps if there is post-KS funding round, I can kick in then. Just can't do it right now, even though digital is my preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom