• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oriel

The amount of backers is literally irrelevant.

Only the money matters for Yu and the team.

On the contrary the total amount of backers will prove quite useful in gauging sales numbers when the game goes on sale in two
-ish
years time.

master15

Just backed for $100, I wanted the phone card and at that point whats an extra $20 to have my name in the credits?

fudsvgofll.gif

Diabelli

Damn my Hazuki style is weak. I mostly run around doing jump kicks.

Yeah, all these combat gifs make me realize that I never fully explored Shenmue's fighting system, and I played the first game religiously (clearly not). I just spammed elbow assault and the kick button.

Soi-Fong

IMPORTANT INFO FOR NEW PLEDGERS

1. Any pledge $60 or more allows you to choose between:

- PS4 Physical Copy
- PS4 Digital Copy
- Windows PC Physical Copy
- Windows PC Digital Copy

2. You will get an email after the Kickstarter ends asking which of the above versions you would like.

3. Any pledge $80 or more gets you the S3 World Telecom phone card.

4. Changes to the reward tier text on the right side of the screen are not allowed after someone has pledged at that tier. Please consult the tables below for accurate reward info.

For a given price tier, you get all the rewards with black icons, while you choose 1 of the items with blue icons:

6bSqDGH.jpg

AP36pPg.png

vH3zJW6.jpg

For new page.

Guys,

We havent reached 10m so what happens now? Can someone explain? What are the next steps?

The game won't be as fully realized as it could have been with 10 million but will still have lots of content thanks to it getting over 6 milllion.

On the contrary the total amount of backers will prove quite useful in gauging sales numbers when the game goes on sale in two
-ish
years time.

It will also show an interest in people who will immediately get Shenmue 1 + 2 HD

N.A

Banned
21:00 (BST): $5,876,127
22:00 (BST): $5,936,448

Total added last hour: $60,321

Time left: 4 hours 50 minutes

Average needed per hour to reach $6.5 million ~$114k

At the current pace estimated finish: $6.2 - $6.3 million

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

for those interested,
hour before this was $45k

33% increase

PaRappa

The game won't be as fully realized as it could have been with 10 million but will still have lots of content thanks to it getting over 6 milllion.

Yu said he could make it for 2m. Everything else is just bells and whistles. Im already happy we got this far.

No doubt PayPal will bring it up.

dlbeast

-ish
years time.

both are important.

kinda pointless...since at this point it is proven ppl want this game. Will it be a 6 million seller game?

doubt it.

Will it sell a million copies... i think so.

Shenmue is almost a new ip at this point for new gen gamers. They will see influences that are almost forgotten much less not appreciated. Guys like Suzuki are a dime a dozen.......and it is one of the reasons this whole thing is so improbable ..... its going back into the past( im old)....yet being able to enjoy a new iteration regardless of the changes that have transpired since the days of DC. In the days of mass COD casual games....and the financial success of the industry( i recall when it would have been astonishing to even think gaming could reach heights of revenue of the film industry). Enjoy having this treat! We should not take lightly....it reminds us all that some of these greats wont be around forever......enjoy this cause when its gone it will be gone forever!

hawk2025

The only point (IMO, of course) of pushing further is to get to 7 million.

Ragdoll would be neat, but ultimately meaningless for the game itself.

BKK

That's smack on what I've been expecting for the last few days (~$6.25M), hope I'm wrong and $6.5M goal can be reached.

miku

OMG, it was 5.6 millions when I left.

Gone for 5 hours and it's almost 6 millions now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did some miracle happened!!!????

KqCwgFp.gif

FelipeMGM

I dont like the KS model but hey, its Shenmue 3!!!!. Just backed the $60 PS4 physical edition

I just hope they get to do some the goals above 6M even though they didnt reach them. This game deserves the full Yu Suzuki vision

Sage00

Once And Future Member
The only point (IMO, of course) of pushing further is to get to 7 million.

Ragdoll would be neat, but ultimately meaningless for the game itself.
As always with Kickstarter, the gaps between tiers are not spent on the next tier, i.e the 500k between now and rag doll will not be spent on rag doll, it will simply be added as a promised feature to the game. Every extra dollar will improve the game as a whole - allow hiring extra staff, more resources, etc.

Theonik

Some stats. We are now the 7th most funded KS ever beating Veronica Mars and currently set to beat the 6th at $6.3m. HOW EXCITING.

Oriel

I reckon about 6.51 mil for final, crossing the line as the very last second expires :)

I reckon it'll be near 6.5 million but merely wondering who wants to be the Official GAF photographer and record that counter mutherfucker hitting 6 million, just 55k left. I'll do it.

both are important.

kinda pointless...since at this point it is proven ppl want this game. Will it be a 6 million seller game?

doubt it.

Will it sell a million copies... i think so.

Shenmue is almost a new ip at this point for new gen gamers. They will see influences that are almost forgotten much less not appreciated. Guys like Suzuki are a dime a dozen.......and it is one of the reasons this whole thing is so improbable ..... its going back into the past( im old)....yet being able to enjoy a new iteration regardless of the changes that have transpired since the days of DC. In the days of mass COD casual games....and the financial success of the industry( i recall when it would have been astonishing to even think gaming could reach heights of revenue of the film industry). Enjoy having this treat is not something we should take lightly....and reminds us all that some of these greats wont be around forever......enjoy this cause when its gone it will be gone forever!

If given enough exposure and publicity, along with being of course high quality (which I've no doubt about) there's no reason why it can't sell 6 million copies.

KiteGr

Wanted to back this to get the retail ps4 version, but sadly i live in Greece and currently i cant spend any money outside.

Will there be a retail version for non backers?

dlbeast

That's smack on what I've been expecting for the last few days (~$6.25M), hope I'm wrong and $6.5M goal can be reached.

see the projections are increasing as if we are at 65 the past hour. we should do 80k in the 4th hours...and 100k the last 3 hours... if any of those last 3 hours goes wild....6.5 is in the bank!

HYPE!

dlbeast

I reckon it'll be near 6.5 million but merely wondering who wants to be the Official GAF photographer and record that counter mutherfucker hitting 6 million, just 55k left. I'll do it.

If given enough exposure and publicity, along with being of course high quality (which I've no doubt about) there's no reason why it can't sell 6 million copies.

i agree. im bias though...as i double dip to show my appreciation

Heartfyre

I upped my pledge to $100 after all. I decided it wasn't enough to have a physical copy of gaming history, but my name had to be in the credits of a piece of gaming history as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom