• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

goddamn, ya'll see this fan art on their facebook page?

11738113_1485401325084431_16220800879448482_n.jpg

also, 5.95 incoming!

reposting for more love! and 5.95 GET

Bioshocker

Yu Suzuki kan open the champagne bottle now. This is simply amazing. It's been a great ride. I've checked in on the Kickstarter page every day, and the last days probably ten times daily.

We'll get Shenmue III, guys. It'll be tough to wait another two years, but when it comes to waiting we are already undefeated champs.

Theonik

Wanted to back this to get the retail ps4 version, but sadly i live in Greece and currently i cant spend any money outside.

Will there be a retail version for non backers?
As of now there is no confirmation of such. Maybe they will open PayPal later.

A-V-B

honestly, it'd be kinda nutty not to open up paypal, if for nothing else to get those late backers (eh ehm) who weren't able to kickstart before it ended

Theonik

honestly, it'd be kinda nutty not to open up paypal, if for nothing else to get those late backers (eh ehm) who weren't able to kickstart before it ended
There is also a significant amount of people who can't use KS for one reason or another. Bloodstained had $208k of those till it closed!

master15

Well here it is guys,

In less than 4 hours the KS campaign will finally be over! It's felt like a rollercoaster over the past month. Starting with the huge, surprising announcement at E3, handling the misconceptions about Sony's involvement, questions of funding and budget. Records were broken and there was some trying times mid-campaign as the campaign sputtered. Through it all, if one thing remained constant it was the fans desire to see Shenmue and support it no matter what.

Suzuki described Shenmue III 'For the fans by the fans' and that adage couldn't be any more true given the outpouring of support and dedication that has occurred.

In tribute of the campaign's final hours I want to gather some of my favourite material, whether it be art-work, music, or videos so we can appreciate the first two games and anticipate the long-awaited third title while hopefully breaking a few more records ;)

Art-work

Videos

Shenmue - A thought
Shenmue - Mononoke theme
Shenmue HD tribute
Shenmue - Road to Amihama
Shenmue - Dreamcast magazine trailer
Shenmue - Early Dreamcast footage
Project Berkley - Suzuki interview
Shenmue - Hype!

Gifs

tumblr_ma1u8slaer1rxpb1yo1_400.gif

lpshen_10_10ani.gif

02be2071e087ca36e31945cabd25805520150402132047.gif

Music

Shenmue: Sedge Tree

Shenmue: A New Journey

Shenmue: The Sadness I carry on my shoulders

Shenmue: Distant Days

Shenmue: Morning Fog's Wave

Shenmue: Guilin Forest V

We did it guys!

Maligna

Banned
All you people who haven't played the series, blindly pledging based on faith and the word of us fans... You are bringing a tear to my eye.

DavidDesu

Wow just watched it go up $1000 in what seemed like 20 seconds.... If it keeps up like that for 3/4/hours.... Definitely could get close to 6.5 million ... Woohoo!

Brings a wamr.fuzzy feeling to my heart how this has all come about. Shenmue, VR, a good looking new Star Wars film... I'm in heaven at the near future.

BKK

see the projections are increasing as if we are at 65 the past hour. we should do 80k in the 4th hours...and 100k the last 3 hours... if any of those last 3 hours goes wild....6.5 is in the bank!

HYPE!

Timezones and all that, still think $6.5M is optimistic, but if they can offer post-kickstarter donations (paypal?) then I think that $11M is totally possible.

Of all the stretch goals, getting the advanced battle system was perhaps the most crucial.
We already know the village and story will be great, now the battle system can be expanded everything is in place.
Shenmue III. 2018 GotY.

I own the first one but have never played it.

Pledged on day 1, upped it PS4 physical as soon as it arrived.

Hoping for a HD collection so I don't have to buy a new Dreamcast controller.

Great to see this smash Kickstarter!

Man, imagine if Sega could have been on board from the start. Get like the $150 funding level to come with a digital copy of 1&2 remastered.

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom