• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue III Presentation - Magic Monaco - Feb 27th 9:25AM CET - New screens + video

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
l50mx0z.png

qAbSXHg.png

zXfHTVi.png

cSave6o.png

HkMg62N.gif
HkMg62N.gif
HkMg62N.gif

Game looks amazing!

epmode

The screens in the backer update are hilariously small. The screens linked here are still much smaller than I'd like. 1080 minimum pls.

Spaghetti

The "Shenmue III" font is still awful.
It's kinda weird why they're still using it but have the old Shenmue font on stuff like slides during presentations. There's a theory about perhaps something to do with royalty costs, but who knows.

komarkaze

This makes me so happy! They've done a great job updating the environments. I still can't believe they're officially actively working on Shenmue III.

Pop

I am so so happy that this is finally becoming a reality. Shenmue is very special too me. This is all just wonderful.

Screens looks great.

Arkanius

The colors all seem off and with heavy bloom to hide the imperfections of the early development stage.

Love the videos though, it reminds me of Fable II and III though

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Is there going to be some urban environments or is Ryu just wandering around a forest?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I admit, I love the sort of 'rough' look they are giving the game's textures. I think it fits Shenmue very well.

Synless

Game looks great so far.

The people who said it looked like a Dreamcast game have a lot of egg on their face now.
No, those people were just idiots. It was never going to look like a dreamcast game even if it was made 5 years ago on last gen systems.

Unbelievable. Looking at those screens invoke some weird feeling that a DC2 did exist at some point in time. It's amazing how they can turn UE's art assets to like like these.

Really excited for all of this obviously. Can't wait for the final product and I'm happy with the progress they seem to be making so far. Looks great.

Liking what I see so far. Great to see they're making good progress.

March 5th is going to be great: wake up to a Shenmue 3 video and end the day with McGregor v Diaz

Hawk269

I can't wait. I am currently playing through Shenmue on the Dreamcast and loving it. That last video posted is impressive. I wonder what the target time frame for release is? I hope the scale of the game is good. I know they have limited funds, but I would really hate to see a really short game due to funds.

Spaghetti

I can't wait. I am currently playing through Shenmue on the Dreamcast and loving it. That last video posted is impressive. I wonder what the target time frame for release is? I hope the scale of the game is good. I know they have limited funds, but I would really hate to see a really short game due to funds.
December 2017 is the target release date. Yu and Cedric say they're on schedule, and I believe them given how far they've come in 6 months, but there's another 22 months of development and most Kickstarter games tend to slip a little from their release window.

As for scale, a non-linear game like Shenmue is hard to pin down in terms of average hours you would spend playing. I don't think the budget will drastically affect the game in that respect, honestly.

Top Bottom