• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments Discussion Thread

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sad bump.

My missus is going to be introduced to this tonight. She has never played a videogame before but we love trying to work out motives and killers in TV shows like CSI etc so I am hoping she will at least give this an honest chance. I myself have not played this yet but seeing as it's free on PS+ I thought I would give it a crack. "It" being that I hope my SO can see that videogames are a lot different than the games she imagines from the 80s. (Yes, she is that far behind).

How did you get on? Curious to try this with my wife. Did you olay and she directed you, or did she do everything?

My wife is also 'all video games are pacman or space invaders'.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It runs extremely bad on Ps3(the screen tearing was almost unbearable for me, and usually i don't complain for bad performances) but i liked it.

Finally getting around to this. Two cases in so far. Not bad. I think it's a fun game to watch too. Also echo that PS3 performance is very bad. Framerate, screen tearing, etc.

Denton

10 euros on Steam.

I love Sherlock books.

I am tempted.

Is it good? Really good? It would be my next game after I finish Witcher 3 so it must be really good :)

Jonnax

10 euros on Steam.

I love Sherlock books.

I am tempted.

Is it good? Really good? It would be my next game after I finish Witcher 3 so it must be really good :)

I really enjoyed it. There's a bit of that Witcher investigating in the game that is really fun.

Like seeing that a box used to be on a shelf from the pattern of dust.

There's also quite a bit of ambiguity where you've go into a mind map area and connect clues together. However if you connect the wrong clues you'll come to an incorrect conclusion. And there's a few moral choices even if you get the correct person.

Are all the cases taken straight out of the books? The first one is very recognisable, does knowing the books make it easier to come to the right conclusions?

Sloane

Banned
10 euros on Steam.

I love Sherlock books.

I am tempted.

It is good. Frogwares' best Sherlock game so far. It does have a few small issues and not every case makes perfect sense, but overall it's fun to play. For 10 Euros it's a no-brainer, and perfect to play with a partner.

Guri

10 euros on Steam.

I love Sherlock books.

I am tempted.

Yes, it is good. Almost at the end now. A bit more like BBC's Sherlock in terms of personality and the "imagination" mechanic. The moral choices don't really affect the game much, though.

kiyoaki

10 euros on Steam.

I love Sherlock books.

I am tempted.

I think it captures the general feel of the original stories and characters really well. And it's just an overall very nice adventure game, especially if you're looking for something with a mellower pace.

It runs extremely bad on Ps3(the screen tearing was almost unbearable for me, and usually i don't complain for bad performances) but i liked it.
I don't think it ran especially well on the PS4 either to be honest. Seems like a direct port with no updates.

SaucyJack

I don't think it ran especially well on the PS4 either to be honest. Seems like a direct port with no updates.

It didn't run particularly well, or particularly badly either, but given the type of game it is I didn't find it to be that much of an issue.

I always thought I posted in this thread, but I guess I never did.

I really enjoyed it, and more than Testament, but I really wish there was more of an overlying story between cases. That, and the moral choice aspect was arbitrary outside of achievements, for the most part.

Top Bottom