• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Onimusha review

duckroll

My Shin Onimusha review is up on Namako Team. It's a good time to give jiji more hits! :lol

I finally cleared Capcom's latest entry in the Onimusha series, and I can definitely see why they're dropping the number and going with "new" (shin) instead. While the game shares many similarities in style and basic templates with its predessesors, the execution is almost completely different this time around.

Click here for the rest...

Angst

Great review! I agree on most things, especially the sometimes low production values and the difference between Shin Onimusha and the previous installments. IMO they should have stayed more true to their roots, but that's just me. Shin feels more like Dynasty Warriors than Oni.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Shin Onimusha Review said:
"For the first time ever, Onimusha has completely ditched the useless tank controls that have plagued the series since its original conception as a "Resident Evil in feudal Japan" game.

From what I remember, Onimusha 3 was actually the first to abandon the tank controls. It still had a fixed (but slightly dynamic) camera, but the tank controls were definitely not there.

Other than that, a superb review. It makes me want Dawn of Dreams so much more.

duckroll

TheTrin said:
From what I remember, Onimusha 3 was actually the first to abandon the tank controls. It still had a fixed (but slightly dynamic) camera, but the tank controls were definitely not there.

The tank controls were on the d-pad, and some people preferred them. Giving the player an option of both tank and free-roam controls isn't completely "ditching" the tank controls imo. Shin Oni doesn't give you any option of tank controls, hence complete ditch. :D

Top Bottom