• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin'en: FAST Racing NEO (Wii U) Neo Future Pack DLC Trailer

ScOULaris

Damn that game is pretty. I should probably pick this up. Maybe they'll do a promotion for the bundle once the DLC releases.

AppleBlade

Best of luck to them. I can't even imagine how low the sales are on dlc for a downloadable Wii U game from a 3rd party publisher. Nintendo needs to buy them and give them the F-Zero license.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Best of luck to them. I can't even imagine how low the sales are on dlc for a downloadable Wii U game from a 3rd party publisher. Nintendo needs to buy them and give them the F-Zero license.

They would rather be independent and they seem happy with the sales of their games on Wii U.

https://twitter.com/ShinenGames/status/760757731884199936

If Nintendo would ever want to give them F-Zero to make they don't need to buy them, as they didn't buy Tantalus to make Zelda TP HD.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
can't wait! I loved the game and I'll be there day one for the DLC

EDIT:

I think they were pretty happy with the sales on Nintendo platforms, even for their Wii U efforts. Especially for FAST RN. Plus, they are getting Nintendo support to get there on the retail shelves with this game.

The lack of physical release in NA is killing me.

Why doesn't NA do the Europe program? I mean what else do they have to release this holiday other than Pokémon and Paper Mario?

Piichan

Banned
Was kinda disappointed in this game. The handling of the vehicles just didn't gel with me. Will pass on the DLC.

These guys deserve every penny. FRN is easily in the top 10 Wii U games, indie or not.

Please God bring the physical release to North America

Soul Lab

haven't played the game for too long. but only because i was busy. definitely buying the dlc, if only to support this awesome guys

kid-throwing-money.gif

Roo

Ice Ice Outpost and Mute City vibes from two of the tracks in there lol

Anyway, it looks awesome. I played the game a lot back when it launched and online is surprisingly good when I played with KartGAF

Not sure if I'll get the DLC yet but it looks really cool!

Thabass

Wow! I can't believe how I missed this game! I'm definitely going to pick this one up tonight. Time to dust off the Wii U...

Was kinda disappointed in this game. The handling of the vehicles just didn't gel with me. Will pass on the DLC.

I agree. The track design, controls, and core mechanic were all problematic/subpar. I'm not seeing the F-ZERO comparisons outside the superficial, "it's a futuristic racer."

Godspeed to the folks that will enjoy, however.

Kolgar

One of the best games on Wii U, and of this generation.

Free, paid, whatever, just make those DLC tracks available so I can play them!

night814

DLC was said to be free with an update the retail package is more likely because of production costs and all that jazz.

Camjo-Z

I just wanna know if that Blue Falcon pic was a hoax or not. IIRC Shinen didn't really outright confirm or deny it.

Opa-Pa

Damn this game continues to look stunning. I keep waiting for PS4 version but I might just bite very soon.

Any news on an american physical version?

Vena

Damn this game continues to look stunning. I keep waiting for PS4 version but I might just bite very soon.

Any news on an american physical version?

This thing is coded to the very metal of the WiiU's PPC architecture most likely, given the performance they managed to eek out. This won't get ported anywhere probably.

Shin'en is doing just fine on Nintendo platforms.

I'd actually be interested in knowing how poor their sales have been on PS4.

Datschge

This thing is coded to the very metal of the WiiU's PPC architecture most likely, given the performance they managed to eek out. This won't get ported anywhere probably.
They did port Nano Assault Neo X and Art of Balance to PS4, so I doubt they have technical issues with porting. But rumors so far are that sales are well below of what they achieve on Wii U so it's likely just very low priority for them.

Vena

They did port Nano Assault Neo X and Art of Balance to PS4, so I doubt have technical issues with porting. But rumors so far are that sales are well below of what they achieve on Wii U so it's likely just very low priority for them.

Nano was a port up to WiiU to begin with, as was Art of Balance. FRN is the only game they've actually made purely for the WiiU and I think they had to push deep into its core to actually get the game to work as it does. This would complicate porting.

That said, ya, sales being trash probably make it a meaningless proposition from the get-go. And they recently confirmed their next project is with Nintendo.

Top Bottom